What power works best as a prec. dps?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Melusine Midnight, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

So this free 170 thing has me wondering, if you were making a new toon with the intention of having it be a precision dps, what power would you choose?
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

Waterrrrr :D
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Hmmm. Why do you say Water :D
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I would say Gadgets, Rage, Electricity, Ice, Sorcery.
  5. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Disclaimer: I haven't played in years, only coming back now and only very casually. The only powersets I have are the freebies + Earth.

That said, I like to think of Earth as a nice prec-based power. It has a precision buff (Reinforce) and you can have your golems fight while you're doing your weapon masteries. Basically, all you need are Reinforce and Fortify Golem. Totem is optional. In the case of Crystal Golem, maybe a power that applies crush as well, such as Unstoppable or Debris Field.
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

Nature weapon expert is dominant on boss fights
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Water.

You can reset the cooldown of the weaponbuff and then get an even bigger bonus from the artifact iirc.
    • Like x 1
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, you've been gone a good while, huh? There are no more precision powers. So there are no more powers with precision buffs either. All powers now have a "weapon buff" that you would use for precision players. Same thing goes for weapons. Your choice is bow and DW. One for melee, the other for ranged.

Earth is very beastly in melee range as a PffT. Go Jackhammer!
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Water and gadgets are probably gonna be the two strongest. I only say water, because of the built in power mechanic, plus if you have the right artifact. It really gets strong.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

weapon buff should not stack only reset the duration
  12. Version San Diego Active Player

Allows you to keep the buff active for more time then any other power.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cuz venom wrist dispenser and riptide being able to reset the buff
    • Like x 1
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

from my understanding the weapon buff itself doesn't stack. But the artifact (the venom thingy) does get triggered by the 2nd activation of the weaponbuff, because it says you need to "use a buff".
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

All powers are might based and it depends on how you like to clip animations.
  16. appocolyps Committed Player

I just went water, wanted to try this riptide thing out, (only have level 80 venom artifact however) but im finding it a dps loss to recast the weaponbuff the second time rather than just keep flurrying, its not what people are making out to be!
  17. L T Devoted Player

The weapon buff lasts 12 seconds, but the artifact buff lasts 6. So with water you can use riptide and use your weapon buff every 6 seconds instead of 12, and get the artifact buff all the time instead of every 12 seconds. I haven't tried this myself but I'm guessing that's how it would work best.
  18. appocolyps Committed Player

Yeh i know how to do it buddy, im just saying its only a minimal dps increase and actually sometimes a dps loss instead of only casting the once and continuously flurrying, by interupting your flurry and recasting you get 1 less flurry per rotation so its 6 and 2 3s in all honesty, for me at level 80 artifact it is anyway, may be more benefitial as i get to 160 but cant see it making a world of difference tbh!
  19. L T Devoted Player

Well.. if that doesn't work I can't think of anything that could with water. Your only DoT is Drown, which is a supercharge builder, so it does low damage itself. Bubble can also add a little damage. Clipping WM combos with a burst is kinda iffy because you lose so much if you clip early, but you could maybe try Depth Charge thrown in.

It's also possible that the folks posting about how precision based Water is OP are just wrong.
  20. appocolyps Committed Player

Yeh my rotation is drown>buff>tide 4x flurry drown>buff flurry until buff is ready and repeat. Im fairly sure this is the rotation people are refering to, obvs have nvb and robot sk, i have bubble but i find using it in rotation is incredibly power heavy taking you out of the prec buff from the controller so is actually a dps loss!

From my findings pet dps are actually better than water at prec, iv found that fortify golem and the sorc pet cast are the only non SC cast that is benefitial insted of just flurrying over and over, again though you have to be power aware if you want the prec bonus from your troll which is ultimatley better!