What new DPS power for my 255 boost?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mrcheap, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Hey and thanks in advance for your advice. I want to create a new toon in a powerset that I don't have yet and boost it to 255 and want some advice. What I am looking for is what is the easiest DPS powerset to play for someone that is not experienced with it.

Currently I have Mental which is amazing, Ice is solid, Gadgets is ok, Earth I am not enjoying and Celestial is impossible for me. Partially I must be a bit slow and the lag here is severe so the combos never work.

So excluding those five what would be the easiest DPS powerset to learn and play that does not require Celestial style combos that I can't achieve?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Quantum or Fire.
    • Like x 1
  3. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Thanks for that. Is there a reason that these two are so good? I do have a lower level fire toon and find his DPS very poor. Again, this is probably my fault.
  4. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Does no-one else have an opinion?

What is the easiest power to learn?
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Quantum or Electricity.
    Both are fairly straight forward to play no combos to learn.

Electricity can be played at max range and against multi targets is great. Quantum is all around good, not great. Most effectively played at mid range.
    • Like x 1
  6. mrcheap Well-Known Player

+1 to you and much appreciated I will take a look at some videos on Quantum and Electricity.
  7. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If you're looking for straight easy mode DPS, I think that the most efficient damage to amount of effort power is Munitions. Munitions : Damage :: Water : Healing.
    • Like x 1
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

Light
    • Like x 1
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

Earth is easiest you can’t go wrong with jack hammer spam lol

Munitions is easy too
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

Light is the only combo power that you can really compare to celestial. The other combos-- rage and atomic-- are much easier.

That said, I'd suggest fire or electric. Fire's free if you don't subscribe
  11. mrcheap Well-Known Player

My connection/my computer/I am so bad I can't even consistently use Jackhammer. That is why combo powersets like Celestial don't work for me and Prec is impossible. Things that work for me are stuff like drop a PI, drop three dots that use the PI and then do a Whirling Dervish repeat.
  12. Brit Loyal Player

I find Electricity to be the easiest and most straightforward DPS. It performs incredibly well in AOE situations, but can lag behind in a single target environment, which has been a complaint in the JLD and Metal Episodes, as the most recent new content seems to have pushed towards single-target boss fights. Though if history is any indication, the pendulum will swing back the other way sooner or later and AOE will be on top again, with both types getting their turn in the sun from time to time.

Electricity is super strong because it is so simple in it's rotation and plays as long range. The rotation is literally just 132.142.132.152- repeat. It is very, very simple. Quick to learn. Easy to perfect. No combo-clicks. Cooldowns all match up perfectly. Seriously, when it comes to DPS, I can do DPS on the laptop or Switch while also watching TV and I barely even have to glance at the game screen.

Alternatively, Munitions is slightly more complicated in it's rotation, but provides an even higher DPS output, particularly not suffering the same single target losses that Electricity does. Overall, Munitions is also easy and performs quite well, but it takes just a touch more concentration and timing.
    • Like x 2
  13. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Now that is a fantastic response. Any chance of revealing the secret of what is powers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? Much appreciated!
  14. Brit Loyal Player

1 - Arc Lightning
    2 - Voltaic Blast
    3 - Tesla Ball
    4 - Electrocute
    5 - Electrogenisis
    6 - Supercharge

132.142.132.152.repeat The cooldowns will line up perfectly so that Arc Lightning refreshes just as you finish Voltaic Blast, Voltaic Blast refreshes just after you cast whatever in-between power you use, Tesla Ball is ready exactly on time for every 2nd rotation, and Electrocute and Electrogenisis trade off every 4th rotation.
    • Like x 1
  15. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

I'd suggest fire or ice. Both are great dps. I find them underrated by most. Water is really good to and doesn't take to much to learn. It's sad your connection is so bad you can't use HL. Such a fun power to use once you get your loudout and combos down. But I'd honestly stick with fire or ice. Both fun as well.
  16. L T Devoted Player

When adds start dying fast, or for slightly more focused damage, you can sub in heat vision for electrocute. By the time it comes up in a rotation there's frequently only one add left standing.