What movement style for an Atlantean?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lynx, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Lynx Committed Player

I've got this new water villain that I'm trying out, and have him set up to look like a proper evil atlantean, trident and all.

What I cant decide on is movement style. At first I was using skimming, but something about it just seems off, especially when trying to use movement mode in combat with the staff style (Melee styles just seem to really not like flight at all).

I remade the character last night with super speed, after getting the blue smoke effect so it looked more like a water type thing and less like lightning. Superspeed seems pretty good, and I always loved it for my hero-side characters, it seems to make more sense for an atlantean as they shouldnt be able to fly (but running on water works really well for it), but I'm not sure if acrobatics might be a better choice instead.

Any suggestions?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Acrobatics. Atlanteans can't fly and I don't know of any connected to the Speed Force.
  3. Lynx Committed Player

True, but acrobatics "flies" quite a bit too with rocket boost, while super speed keeps you relatively grounded. With the movement style effects, you can get rid of the "lightning" effect that represents the speed force, and (because superspeed is actually kinda slow in DCUO, as opposed to the movies/series) it just looks like you're running decently fast, maybe due to enhanced physical prowess rather than the speed force. Aquaman shoots through the water pretty quick, and running on water with superspeed definitely feels a little more believable than with acrobatics.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True. If we didn't have new movement skins, I would still recommend Acrobatics and you could use a jetpack/tech style on their back. Since Atlanteans have advanced technology it wouldn't be farfetched to see one use a jetpack to get around outside the water.
  5. RocketedToEarth New Player

Give em' flight and say they jacked a Legion ring. Those teens are always in the past where they shouldn't be. Yoink.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bloodybath_06 New Player

Thats what i did to my 253 Queen Atlanna and it looks pretty good!
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Skimming on discs of water. Since the character is a hydromancer, with the superpower to make water take shapes desired and move through the air, it stands to reason they could skim on discs of water.
    • Like x 5