What kind of mechanics/ideas from other games would you like in DC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hmmmm, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I love this game. I've been playing it for a really long time. That said, i think the one thing everyone here can agree on is that this game is far from perfect. What ideas from other games would you like to see implemented in this game?

For me, it's from another popular game from a note popular company, but I'd like to see:

1. A few modifiers for each power. It could be giving a bit of life, or adding an effect, something that changes it completely out makes it cost health instead of power, etc. I think it would help make sure LOs relevant and interesting, while also giving people a little bit more of a personal identity when using popular loadouts.

2. Gear that actually matters. The cr Chase doesn't really add anything to the game. Just puts you back in the running to be competent in all content, but nothing really changes. What if the raids didn't raise cr anymore, just gave you *different* gear. Maybe it's a bit b weaker in starts, but it makes "x powers" hit harder or cost less. Maybe they give you life/power back per second. Think of it as gear with weaker artifact buffs.

Some of you may know the game I'm pulling these ideas from, I'm hesitant to say another game name on the forums, but if you don't know the game by my descriptions... ... I'm sorry my explanation sucks so much!

Let me hear your ideas.

Disclaimer: this isn't a vent thread. Don't hijack it with your personal triggers against the game that you find a way to squeeze into every thread. This isn't a what's wrong with the game thread, it's a what would you like to see that is cool in another game thread.
  2. Original Empress Well-Known Player

A more acrobatic movement mode with swinging.

3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

All I can think of is Swinging in CO, and while it was fun and pretty dynamic it was also incredibly immersion-breaking to be swinging above locations like the Canadian wilderness without having anything above you for your swinging line to attach to. LOL That and I'm not sure how well it might mesh with DCUO (particularly when it comes to races in the leveling part of the game).
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me it'd be little extra things to give us stuff to do. For example, Star Wars Galaxies introduced a mechanic where you fed collection pieces you'd find in the game to a miniature version of the Sarlaac, and after feeding it so many pieces it would consume them and give you a random collection piece for your efforts.

To get the collection piece you had to sift through/clean the Sarlaac's sandbox, though. :confused: :D

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind seeing a system like that for style pieces. Feed so many style pieces (either from the Vault or Promethium Lockboxes) to a device and get a random style piece in return. Determining the loot table and what styles would be available would be key, but it would at least give us something to do with style pieces other than delete them.
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

For starters, daily reward system for running content within a particular tier bracket.

Optional CR bracketing, (for a reward for doing it bracketed)

Scrapping CR for level (so I can see some abilities I haven't seen in 6 plus years)

Using the achievement system to gain, titles pets, materials

Rare mobs offer their own iconic ability to be obtained

Those are what I can think of off the top of my head

Leaver penalty needs to be reinstated (y'all going to hate me for this one but I think it needs to happen)
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

When I played CS 1.6, I noticed that once you die, you can watch the rest of the players continue the battle as first person.

And if you, for example were the one alive and was being watched, it would show on your screen on the left or right side a list of people currently watching you. I don't know why, I just really, really liked that.
  7. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

I would want open world to be a meaningful alternative to raids for progression. Bigger Spaces, More Things To Do. Like Multiple Proper Events, Chain Events etc & Stories to be told in the Open World

Also what the heck happened to operations
  8. Brit Loyal Player

There is a feature that I really enjoyed in this one game called Everquest, which is another game also owned by Dimensional Ink, and is a feature which was successfully implemented over 20 years ago.

Everquest has an incredible Faction/Reputation system. Everyone can talk to anyone. Everyone can group with anyone. Every enemy killed or quest completed then affects the faction/reputation for the character.

In DCUO terms it would mean, when you go into an area like Thanagar, if you go to help Thrasher and do his missions, you improve your faction with Thanagar. If you run the Phoenix Canon raid and beat Thrasher up, you hurt your faction with Thanagar. The Thanaganarians would like the people who help them, and hate the people who fight them. Missions would be unlocked based on what your reputation was at the time.

In content like Atlantis, you could actually choose to do missions for Aquaman or Ocean Master, throwing in your alligience independent of being a hero or villain. We could do away with the archaic WoW 2-faction system in favor of something more dynamic. Players could actually do what they wanted, and then see their gameplay adapt based on those choices.
    • Like x 3
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

More dynamic backgrounds when doing raids. Seriously, we're the only ones who are fighting during the Ultimate Soldier raid? No airplanes flying over? No superhero/villains flying around? Where are the troopers with jetpacks!?!!?
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hey, some of us are still waiting for our real-life jetpacks, why should THOSE guys get them when we haven't gotten one yet? :mad: :D
  11. Isif Committed Player

When you die, your money drops in a pool, only to be claimed by someone else. Get ganked, get looted.\[T]/
  12. Swamarian Committed Player

Have a meaningful choice in weapons. Currently, they're just stat sticks. It'd be cool to have different weapons do different things. One give a damage bonus, another give a crit bonus, another slow down npcs, a 4th have a damage over time effect. I like how STO does it,
    white = no mod
    green = 1 mod
    blue = 2 mods
    purple = 3 mods
    gold = 3 mods plus specific bonus mod.

Both Star Trek Online and Warframe have alternate advancement systems where you get progression points by doing things. Examples include (mixing missions between the two games)
    Defeat a Tholian captain
    Do 5,000 tetryon damage
    Kill 150 enemies using melee attacks
    Do 3 spy missions
    Defeat 30 Iconian ships
    Defeat a Hydrolyst

In STO, you get perk points you can spend like much DCUO's skill points. Warframe gives items for the first 30 levels (a warframe slot, weapon slots, mods, catalysts), and then every level after that give credits for the Nightwave store.
  13. That1DarkKnight Active Player

Gear
    Gear set effects and gear upgrading. Right now a lot of gear comes in sets, but coming in sets is absolutely meaningless other than the style they come with. It would be nice if different gear sets had set effects based on how many pieces of the gear set you have equipped.
    Ex.
    2 Pieces or more = 5% more Might and Dominance
    4 Pieces or more = 10% more damage against X-type of enemy
    6 Pieces or more = Critical Attack Chance +10%
    etc.

You should also be allowed to upgrade gear over time to keep up with the gear of current content. You should be able to do this by doing the current content to obtain an item that allows you to upgrade your previous gear. This way there's a lot more diversity as to what equipment people choose to run and people can decide if they want to switch over to the newer gear set or not. This would also really really really be nice for Omnipotent gear at the moment.

Stats
    Right now we have stats we can't really maximize such as Critical Chance and Critical Magnitude. At most we can hit 57% and that's only with buffs, supercharges and limited to some powers. So it would be nice if we could modify our gear and stuff by farming mods in content to upgrade stats like these.

It would also be cool if new content had special mods that changed up abilities or artifacts to produce an alternate effect. Like a new content comes out with a new X-mod and this mod when equipped causes a group shield to shield the players with the highest health instead of the lowest one.
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

I really like the on-the-fly stat resetting you can do in SWL - mid-fight you can just pull the cursor around a triangle whose three points are Healing, Survivability and Damage. I'm not sure how it would translate into DCUO, other than use sliders for each stat - with an increase/decrease in one shrinking/expanding the range of the others?
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Isn't that basically the effect of Augments, though? Salvaging old gear to give you a permanent stat boost? It's just attached to your total stat pool, rather than gear itself.
  16. That1DarkKnight Active Player

Salvaging old gear is not the same thing as reusing it. And the idea of reusing it wouldn't be as important though without the first idea that I pitched or if OP gear wasn't something you had to work hard for to obtain.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Things other than vertical progression, mini games, mentor exclusive content, allowing the CW superhero content be a side story in itself, creating boss survival modes with increased mechanics.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes - and we used to have that, as you know - Mods to install in our gear to reach a level where we were in Relevancy to run new content - at which point we removed the mods and bought new gear? That functionality got moved to Augments is all. As I said before, the effect on your Stats *pool* is exactly the same with Augments as with Equipment Mods - and the hoops you jump through to upgrade your gear are the same as ever - you buy the new gear, because...

...you do. It's Episode Currency.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Gear is Gear, and Artifacts are Artifacts and Augments are Augments. While that is true, it's possible to test the large - but finite - number of interactions without having to worry about missing something broken (and even then it does happen). It's the reason why Home Turf Mods are so basic, so they don't end up having unforeseen interactions.

From a design and development point of view your'e asking for extended costs and time, with additional complications and risks, just to move some aspect of one of the above things to one of the other things. That's roughly what you seem to be asking for?
  20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

Expand the lairs whem i used to play swotor you can expand the lair by paying using your toon Money .rise the limits Money to the f2p playera in swotor now the f2p can have 1000000 as limit.allow to the f2p to trade and tale mails items