What is your favorite gear suit/style item?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Megzilla, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Megzilla Developer

And why? :)
    Screenshots earn you extra sparkles.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Scuba shirt/pants every time! Sometimes a friend will come back from a long hiatus and be all like “I can’t believe you’re still wearing that!”. It’s just got such a gorgeous texture to it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

The original Nimbus Aura. It reminds me of dry ice vapors. It's the only aura I wear on my main.

If we had it on PC, the white Vapor Aura that we have on Xbox would be a close second.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Evil speedster Batman!!!!!!!!
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    [IMG]

More tintable materials please :)
    Can only do so much with color locked ones
  6. Sugr Bear Committed Player

The voltaic weapon styles, which is a bummer because I rarely use weapon styles that overwrite hand styles. I wish that voltaic was an aura it's the closest looking thing in game to electricity. Just the way it is not changed in any way or dulled down.
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I like the voltaic style too. I like the simple digitized weapon style too.

Which brings me to this suggestion. I would like to see the handblaster style, the brawling style and the martial arts style of all the weapon styles accessible to use as a hand style/selected under the hands style tab.

I like the plasmic auras and the nimbus auras. I would like to see a black plasmic aura, a white/diamond plasmic aura. a wide array of multi colored plasmic auras too.

I would like to see styles that are inspired by the styles seen in the Injustice fighting game game.

Need more tintable materials.

Make all emblems size adjustable. Clipping over some parts of the chest be damned. Also free placement of emblems on any gear piece.
    • Like x 2
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I haven’t seen even 1/4 of the styles that are in the game yet (took me several months just to complete the Seraph set...and that drops in T1 content :/ ) and out of what I have that I do like, most of it I can’t use because I don’t yet have pieces that go well with it. That said, so far, out of what I’ve seen, Prideful and Heart of the Predator are my two favorites to use as a complete set (just wish there was a variation of Prideful with the more organic styling of Raven’s actual New 52 look). They have clean lines, aren’t overly ‘busy’ with extraneous tech widgets (‘but the tech widgets look cool!’ - only if you’re playing a tech-oriented character) and display emblems - though I wish on Heart of the Predator emblems would replace the built-in Star Sapphire emblems instead of looking like a tattoo on the chest, and Prideful’s cape is also a good spot for an emblem to show.

My favorite mix and match so far has been Seraph chest, legs, shoulders and belt with Angelic gloves and boots, and Archer mask and quiver (back).

I’ve actually been mostly avoiding spending too much time trying to mix and match different pieces until I can unlock more of what’s in the game, so that I actually have a decent chance of finding something that works instead of trying to substitute pieces that only kinda-sorta work together.

I hope you realize just how big a can of worms you opened with this thread, Megz. I could very happily (when I have time to get in game) go through every single style piece I have access to and point out what I do and don’t like about it :)

As far as screenshots, I can do that later, too, and hand you a link to my DA account :)
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I use the Stalwart Defender only because it shows the emblems bigger if there was a different style I could use that didn't have all the lines in it I would use that instead.
    • Like x 2
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Orange plasmic that makes it look like you're on fire:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I like the style pieces that have an added special effect such as Crown of Hades, Aegis of Eternity and Speed Force Spectrum pieces.
    • Like x 3
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I could agree, *if* the special effect was optional. :p
  13. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Robot Joker helmet

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Cutlass and Combat Knife Cutlass Style, too bad I can't switch to any other weapon style and never go back to it.
    [IMG]
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Right now, it's Owlman's Helmet as designed by Frank Quitely in the graphic novel JLA: Earth 2...

[IMG]

I can't say how long it'll take me to obtain it, since it's been done as the Rare OP Head Style for the set, but at least it's finally in the game. I wish the ENTIRE Frank Quitely designed Owlman Suit was in the game, but this is a start. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Favorite Head Style:
    Fourth World
    [IMG]

Why:
    It looks like a face without a typical eyes nose and mouth, yet it also doesn't look like a helmet when colored a certain way. My character is a mix of magic and technology. This head has worked perfectly for years.
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Digging that style, well put together
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Where's the helmet? I don't see it.
    • Like x 7
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Erk, here comes the tough cookies to deal with.

Here's my favorites and why:

1. Enhanced Qwardian Guard:
    Why? Because it's simple, Pretty and Tintable; it allows for an emblem. And It works really well for Flash, Speedsters, Rage, and pretty much any kind of powerset you can think of.
    [IMG]

I've always kept this as My Gadget toons primary style because in my mind; there's no other style that makes the costume pop out like it does.

You can even go Full 'Murica on the style if ya want to as well.
    [IMG]

And I think it's the only Time Capsule style that allows for an emblem.. which is sad in retrospect considering we've had what? About Ten Time Capsules and only one of them displays an emblem? Need to work on that.

High Density is a Close Second favorite style because it's slick and just as customizable as this one, but... I no longer have any Team Up Capsules to really get the set on someone :/(Thanks RNG.)
    • Like x 4
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters/black prime

Not sure how to post from my phone. I love my hack attack hoodie, because it's literally one of the only true rare styles.

I've asked in the past though, some better shoes and jeans would be nice, or other plain hoodie styles for emblems. Some of us won't put on tights. :)