What is the worst raid to pug in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bmce84 Loyal Player

lol good one, but really try doing FOS 2 with a group of 175's that have never done it before.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dr. Maven Level 30

Blackest day, pugs keep on wiping on exploding manhunters
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

BN, DWF.
    • Like x 1
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

One mission I absolutely avoid at all costs is a 4man... Inner Sanctum. You mess up those 4 switches and its just a world of pain.

Assault and Battery I do not like the part with the switches, where contructs come and try to break the crystals that run the switches. This is a T5 raid and those constructs are still insanely difficult to kill at 130-144+. (not the big of a deal but definately makes it not fun)

Happiness Home is pretty rough in 4 or 8 lol.

But yeah I will try to pug most stuff but I do not bother with inner sanctum unless its the 8 man version.
  5. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Unholy Matrimony. Brings back the old FOS 2 days.
    • Like x 2
  6. VV Dedicated Player

UM; BN and DWF.
  7. ImFroze New Player

I've had some of my worst experiences ever on this game in Blackest Night, it just takes one ignorant n00by idiot to mess up an entire instance, and yes I would say this goes for any raid but this one... is just terrible, oh and Halls of Hades.
    • Like x 2
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I hate open maps...I race from place to place...by the time I get there some CR 170 whatever has 1 shotted everything...off you race to the next location or even city...having done nothing but be a step behind...if you show up first unless you are way above CR you end up waiting for people because if you do anything youll trigger all the enemies and be dead before someone is even there to revive you...I get it...in the comics Gotham is patrolled emergencies happen...ad hoc groups of heroes band together at times of crisis...open maps simulate that very well actually...but I HATE them...GOD I FING HATE them!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Bolt z Well-Known Player

BBS is definitely up there for me, it still gets annoying puging that raid
    • Like x 2
  10. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I'm a premium member with all episodes up through 17. I welcomed the Open Episodes to sample some of the
    ones beyond what I normally have access to. I've had episode 17 since the marketplace sale in April. I only
    do PUGs, except duos which I do with my wife. I've played UH probably between 75 and 100 times and
    have only been member of a group that defeated the first boss (Avatar of Sin) three times (once last night) and
    none of which have beat Trigon. It seems only groups with six players at 170+ get past the first boss.
    With access to the higher vendors I was able to get a 144 weapon and get my CR to 144 (154sp) so I was able
    to sample Blackest Day and Blackest Night. Same deal, high CR groups get one-shotted or last less than
    30 seconds (in the boss battle). I guess the Open Episodes attract more noobs to the instances so that may
    be a cause but I don't think I'll be buying episodes with Raids until something changes.
    • Like x 1
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What do players have trouble with in UM ? (Not being a snob, truly asking)

Is it Brother Blood's reflect shield thingie ?
  12. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Brother Blood is part of the second phase, It's rare enough to even get to that part.
    • Like x 1
  13. Acesia Well-Known Player

If we're talking about shouting for groups: DWF is my pick.

If we're just blindly queueing.... sigh - HH, Lab, UM for sure.
    HH isnt so bad if you get one or two high dps, but Im putting it in there anyway for the sake of anyone with alts. I completely ignore this raid until Im a much higher CR just because everytime I queue in, its a bunch of 113s who have no idea what to do. You cant even complete the first boss and its a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Unholy Matrimony.

For sure.
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

o_O
    • Like x 1
  16. Sw33t Well-Known Player

Unholy Matrimony
    Blackest Night
    Happiness Home

.....and the reason is always; players enter those raids wayyyyy too early, both regarding CR and knowhow.
    • Like x 2
  17. Big Gl0 Active Player

UM. All the special people seem to run um
    • Like x 1
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Brother Bloods shield.
    People releasing all the guys at once without telling the tank.
    People standing on blood pools spawning one million adds (and not using the totem).
    DPS´s rushing to get their powers back, leaving tank and healer without powers.

And if they beat BB...then comes Trigon with all new troubles.

Thats the things i encounter by randomly Q in UM.
    • Like x 4
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Halls Of Hades can be hard to pug even if you're 170 cr because of the weapon mechanics and also the Shade Neophytes in the Forge Master room kill you in 1-2 attacks regardless of CR.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1