What is the point of looking for the HL now? lost pleasure ?....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What is the point of being HL now?

-We no longer have a source brand in the latest content

-We HL players are now pushed to play in the old instances.

-I don't know about you, but for me, I'm losing a lot of fun since this feeling of powerlessness over my characters, the fun of the game has taken a bad blow...

-I'm a HL player and now I'm the minion of the small players, I'm here to do their job...

I'm wondering more and more about the usefulness of continuing to build my character, when now, we have almost nothing for us HL players.

In addition, since this update, I have the impression that it is already starting to have a "snowball" effect. I start to see less and less people in the evening (server EU), I found the reset of this strangely calm evening compared to usual!

Most of the time, players care about the DLC for only 1 month, after that it's a fight for the other remaining players and especially for the elite content.

How long will a HL player have to wait between each DLC? It's going to be a long, long time for HL players, in my opinion and honestly I'm really afraid of the butterfly effect following this update and especially for the already very fragile non-US servers...
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

First off, does HL mean high level? If so, you shouldn't feel any less or more powerful playing as a 342CR player in content tuned for CR 322-342 with other 338-342 CR players as you would being clamped to CR120 running content tuned for CR 100-120 with other CR 120's. If anything you should feel MORE powerful since artifacts and sp are clamped much more lightly.

I'm not following you. What are you saying is "their job" and how does it differ from your job?

This is one of the main problems this DLC aims to fix. It may fail in that intent or it may succeed. It might even initially fail during this DLC but succeed later down the road after future DLC's are released since the intention is for the changes to remain in the game well in to future. Only time will reveal how these changes positively or negatively impact the game.

One thing we do know for sure is the old system either failed to solve this extended player engagement problem, directly and/or indirectly contributed to it or possibly both. In short, it wasn't working so they're doing what any sane rational person does when they fail to achieve a goal. They're trying a different approach.
    • Like x 4
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have to disagree based on my own experience. I do not feel powerful let alone more powerful in the clamped content I have run thus far this past weekend. 3 or 4 full DLCs above the clamped content should be the sweet spot, not what I am experiencing now. I have worked hard for my stats, I have spent real $$$ to get stronger using replays and buying perfected nth metal to get to the be the best I can be in all content not just at end game content.
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm really trying to understand this viewpoint because I 'm struggling to understand it. So when a new DLC is released (this one excluded), do you look at it thinking "next year I'll be taking that on!" Like, are you focusing on the BoP or Wonderverse DLC now? I assume that in order to maintain playing episodes with gear 3-4 DLC's higher you're utilizing the avatar bombardier gear or time capsule gear? I suppose someone playing with this approach could just run daily open world stuff for gear as well. Though I feel like it would be odd to run open world daily content for a DLC but put off going in to the rest of the content for a year or however long until CR is leveled up to that sweet spot, so maybe now. I dunno, is your approach something like that?
    • Like x 1
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

HL. Hard Light, no?
    [IMG]

Highest CR.... HL... gets higher stats applied to recent 3 DLCs. Can you do it without highest CR? (probably. I can. I don't do elite/longer versions, and pug it all.)

HL vs trash mobs.... I mow them down in 3-5 power ability attacks as a might build. I use a power efficient setup/not the min/max provided by users that parse numbers and present their results online. Since the update, I apparently do more significant damage in clamped content as a controller, that I was not expecting to happen. I've never gotten more than 8 million in content as controller and did 22 mil in clamped content (22 minute alert). I finally got enough SPs to spend some SPs in crit power attacks and crit damage. :p Defense Debuff for damage AOE with artifact ...Blessing of Rao, finally got to 160,
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

"Next year I'll be taking it on" is exactly what I said about the no death feats in fgse when I first saw it. Came close so so many times. Said that about a few of the pce combos too. And some CTe ones. I could go on and on. Man, I planned on playing this game forever. Real life friends are shocked honestly.
    • Like x 2
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

....>.> ....You used HL... and
    lost pleasure ?....

was it a good use of space and communication? to use HL?
    :oops::rolleyes:
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I just ran Trigon's Prison @ clamp CR 113. Twice. Solo. And I liked it.

Go kill some stuff yo - everything old is a challenge again, at least for now.
    • Like x 3
  9. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

They are doing a survey now because a lot of people are less than pleased with having all their hard earned (money, effort, and time) progression taken from them. No one like being robbed, people really don't like being robbed and being told they weren't robbed, people really really don't like it when they are ganged up on and gaslighted to make them think being robbed is a good thing.

Just know most people don't post on the forums they vote with their wallet. Your not alone.

• Like x 2
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hyperbolize much??? I can hyperbolize too. Personally, I feel like I was given back the wondrous and divine gift of enjoying the deeply fulfilling experience that is running content as it was designed and intended. I had been unfairly robbed of that priceless treasure by the soul crushing cruelty of a perpetually upscaling stat system that stripped and plundered instances of the exhilarating entertainment extravaganzas they once graciously bestowed upon us.
    • Like x 6
  11. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Lmao. +1
    • Like x 1
  12. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Definitely gaslighted :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I trying to look at it logically. If there is no problem with me being able to go into Wonderverse with my full stats that I earned (I LOVE Wonderverse) and it is 3 DLCs or is it 2, below the current DLC, then what is the problem with that being consistent across the board? Why are the pro clamp supporters so afraid of me having an advantage in the lower content that I worked hard for and earned. It wasn’t given to me, I put in the hours of play, I bought the replay badges and played even more.

I’m really trying to understand this viewpoint that says I can only be 10cr above any not end game content and I will be grateful that I even get to have that!

Maybe, just maybe, I don’t belong in DCUO anymore. DCUO is my first MMO that I ever played back in 2014 when I first got my PS4. Maybe, it is time I moved on. The new, free to play, and lower CR players can have it.
    • Like x 1
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

What's gonna be weird is that with the next update Wonderverse will be considered "old content" and you'll be weaker doing it then than you are currently doing it now.

Definitely feeling the same...

For me:
    More than 10 years... and a lot of money spent.... It might finally be time.

It's sad.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

You sure that hyperbole? Or are you taking the words right out of my mouth xD
    • Like x 3
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because what were saying if you have the advantage in low levels, everyone that over-gears it also has to have the advantage. If everyone in your run has it, the instance becomes trivial. Which they are trying not to do.

If my Wave run earlier i noticed, its rather forgiving. Mechanics that normally one shot dont anymore, but players trying to strong-arm it get put in their places.

Any game you move to will have a clamp in place or redundant rewards once you out-level it. This wouldnt have been a problem had DCUO launched with this feature. But players grew accustomed to not having limitations, and when DCUO decided it needed to add a clamp before adding more content, well people didnt take well to the industry standard.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Yes, yes, that's what I meant, because that's the effect I've been feeling since this maj.^^

The sad thing is that it's a double-edged maj, I really like this freedom given to the game for instances, DCUO needed this a lot, but at the cost of our lost power/strength I don't think so..

Hopefully it will change something, because usually the polls, after answering...
    • Like x 1
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But we’re already allowed to be 30cr above Wonderverse, so why can’t it stay that way?
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Because like all other episodes, the Wonderverse content was designed and developed with the goal of providing a particular limited range of experiences for the players who would be playing it upon release and thereafter until the content ceases to provide significant player engagement. Tuning and balancing the stats, mechanics, etc within the two primary versions (reg & elite) is one of, if not THE most essential tasks in successfully creating that targeted range of experiences. For what I feel are obvious reasons, the base mini/maxi range of character statistics for for which the raid would have been designed was 299-321 CR range, 80-200 artifact range, 120-600 sp range and also factoring the augment stat buffs (and the multiple mini/maxi combinations that those stat source ranges can possibly create).

ANY business who creates consumer products and/or experiences does so with the with the type(s) of customers most likely to purchase in the initial sales cycle in mind. In contrast, little if any consideration is given to the type(s) of customers most likely to purchase via a bargain bin located between checkout aisles at an outlet mall store (meaning it's already several sales cycles past primary retail clearance).

In reference to my reply to 9001BPM above, if the majority of your fun/satisfaction is derived from playing content with 3-4 DLC worth of higher stats and significantly less fun/satisfaction is derived from playing content at level, then you are not the primary consumer type for which the devs design the content. I'm sure you and other players who are similar in that regard are given one degree or another of secondary consideration, but you're not the target audience.

As to whether or not you belong in DCUO, that is entirely up to you to decide. If the time and other resources you spend on the game give you a worthwhile return of fun/satisfaction, then I would imagine and hope you would feel you belong. If the return on that investment is not so favorable, then perhaps there's another game/activity/hobby/etc that could provide more of what you seek to gain from a leisure activity. Fun is kind of the point after all.