What is the future of hard light after the revamp.....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxastinosxx, Jul 21, 2017.

1. xxastinosxx Level 30

Hey guys im just worried about how hard light will be affected with the revamps ive been a hard light player since a long time ago and considering that the power was precision based i put a lot of effort to gain as much precision as possible but now with all the power being might based im just worried that basically the power will suck after the revamps...

maybe someone out there with a better understanding of all this changes can tell me if i need to look for another power or maybe just wait and see what happen

im a DPS btw cr183 sp176
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You don't need to change your power. SMH, why would you think that?
    • Like x 3
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

Stay HL and see for yourself. No need to be doom and gloom.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

The devs have stated they have a way to convert the precision to might mods. Still no final word but they just mentioned in Avairs update.

Youll have to respec (we all will) when revamp happens anyways and feom what Ive seen Light is actually lloking fairly good in revamp.

Time will ultimately tell on it as a whole, but I dont think it time to hit panic button just yet.
    • Like x 1
  5. CassUV Well-Known Player

I expect always the same, not bad and not good, on the middle as always. I don't expect they will put HL great again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Hard light is a pretty good in the revamp. More play style variations now. I too am a long time hard light player and am excited for it.

even our SC's are viable now.
    • Like x 3
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

i saw a recent youtube video one guy was 201 rage dps, one guy was a 190 HL dps.

rage guy was using the melee close combat combos came out of the raid #1 on the board

Hardlight guy was using the classic long range loadout you see on live right now and came in dead last on the board

8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

this doesnt mean HL is bad

the diff in CR between two players is super high
    HL player might nt be using the correct rotation , u could see a train , a ram but what if he was messing it up making his DPS points suck ?
    what if the HL player white mods were expi? what if he didnt even had a white mod?
    there could be other millions possibility why the player sucks but im MORE than sure that HL after revamp will be great , you can do the old Hyper rotation , even clipping now is back !
    • Like x 1
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

true true well i hope so i want to go back HL but i want to play from the tray with it. hybrid would seem really odd with HL or any combo power for that matter
  10. Mighty Committed Player

Hard light is going to be in a great place after the revamp. More fun to play and in an evironemnt where people aren't cheesing epic damage. The powers on test are generally pretty balanced, and hard light is no exception. It's good all-around. Single target, range AOE, mid-range AOE, melee. Be excited.
    • Like x 2
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Not everyone is "good"
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

Pfft is viable, but for many of us that have been HL since before WM/AM
    Hybrid style with clipping is what HL is, not the Pfft that it has become.

I dont mind the infinite combo, but its way less fun than what it used to be.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'll have to respec, NO!!!!! Where's the panic button! If I had a computer, this is where a funny pic would be. I haven't had to respec in a year or so. Why am I forced to do So?!? Lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not every person on test knows what they are doing. Maybe they've never played HL before. Don't let others discourage you. Judge for yourself.

Also, I believe we are back to a system where range plays into the risk reward a lot more. Ranged damage should not be as high as melee. A better comparison would have been if the HL guy knew how to melee as HL. It's literally apples and oranges your trying to compare.
    • Like x 1
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

hey man ! , what weapon you think is good for HL after revamp ? im thinking of doing a hybrid roattion !
  16. zijyfe New Player

you're gonna want power mastery, because now each construct costs power and you need constant regeneration.
  17. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

ik thats why i was asking which weapon is the best for dpsing? im thinking one handed
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

He would takes more damage spamming Chainsaw.
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

so basically if the HL dps was doing close range combos he would of gotten off more damage similar to the rage guy and if the rage guy was doing long range combos the damage would look similar to the hardlight guy?
  20. Swiftduck Loyal Player

precisely
    • Like x 1