What is something the devs could do to get you to buy and support Dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FaithfulJudgeDC, May 13, 2024.

1. FaithfulJudgeDC Level 30

1 Power color change tokens
    2 Gender swap tokens
    3 Matrial unlock account bound tokens
    4 Double power Hybrid combo's = Means combination of two powers into one like Nature and Earth or Electric and fire or even Water and Ice.

These are just some of the the things I would buy in a heartbeat mostly 1-3 because those are game changers. One would be amazing because it will set you apart from mostly someone else who is the same power. As of now I do not spend on the game like I use to but these things if implemented would get me spending again.
    • Like x 3
  2. the solowing Unwavering Player

Red Soul Aura Accessory
    • Like x 4
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I would like power color change got damn that would be awesome. I can just see it now Electric as a blue or black. I would like sorcery to be a blue color or even a goldish yellow color omg would be soooo cool.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

"What is something the devs could do to get you to buy and support Dcuo?"

Make clamp optional and/or add AQS (and if not, work on promised targeted adjustments), restrict artifact swapping so it can't be done every few seconds (and/or remove effects lasting after artifact is removed), convince the ones in charge to finally allow PC/PS and Xbox server merge.

Then perhaps I will consider it.

Heck; for some extra good measure I'll throw in: Fix movement style trail bug on PS (works fine on Xbox), so we can finally have new ones again (they told us that the bug is why they don't add more), and then add "Shadow Movement Style".

That might help. For starters.
    • Like x 7
  5. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

End the stat clamp.
    • Like x 8
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

That's 3 for "end the stat clamp".
    • Like x 6
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I am in favor of making it optional since that was how it was originally proposed to players. I enjoy playing the content as it was designed, or at least closer to how it was designed, and getting full rewards. I know at least a few people in the game who agree with me on that. If you and people you know would prefer to get fewer rewards for less effort the way it used to be, then that option should exist.

I think they could at least provide the option on a trial basis to see how it affects queue times on all platforms, but I have no idea how smart they were when they created the scaling option. I would hope they thought ahead and made it easy to turn on/off.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

At this point almost nothing. I don't think there's anything I'd direct buy, so the only way they will get my money would be to make membership worth having again vs just a discount plan to get more stuff I don't need like extra Nth or ally favor or just the ability to trade cash or create a league. Member exclusive things or events, advanced access to DLCs(we used to get this)....whatever....Maybe something I can't even think of, but a bit more loyalty, stabilizers, Nth or ally favor AIN'T it.

Clamp? Meh....Dropping that likely wouldn't get any money out of my pockets either...so one way or the other on that...doesn't matter.
    • Like x 1
  9. Quantum Rising Committed Player

1 power at least every 2 years
    Weapon balancing (nerf brawling->shuriken and dw ->flurry. Boost everything else)
    Power balancing.

ENOUGH WITH THE *$+@ MATERIALS AND AURAS.

This game has no substance anymore. All they give us is glitz and expect us to be happy.
  10. Sollace Well-Known Player

Show a little more communication and exchange with this old community, still able to show loyalty.

- Look, no more exchanges since the studio redesign.

and for the managers,

"to retire for leaves room for people with more passion for the game and the universe than only the return of money, even if of course this must still exist too."

- Do we agree that with the choices made by management for the game, it ended up creating as a sort of separation from the community ?

Frankly, nothing can convince now, given the situation of DCUO, nowadays, it would be crazy besides, I think!

Personally, I went on the test server to see the new content and well it only increased a disappointment rather than a hype yet hoped...
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

You know the only solution to the stat clamp they're going to give you is another unclamped progression system like artifacts and allies and augments. They're already testing out stats revamp clamp and figuring out ways to make it not so hated by everyone let's all just assume that there is another pay to win system on the horizon after allies stop making money. Unfortunately they do not want you to feel any progression with base stats that's including mods gear and skill points. The only progression you're going to feel in stats revamp are paid to win systems that's the strategy our last CEO ran with when he implemented stats revamp. It was a revamp to milk the game silly so he can be noticed and they would use him for a new superhero game. That revamp had no intention of bringing balance to the game it wasn't about balance it was about money
  12. Sollace Well-Known Player

Given the number of players who stop playing DC, is this really a good strategy?
  13. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Fix PvP
    • Like x 5
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not that they shouldn't (if they could) but how would that make you spend money on DCUO? PvP is and always has been free. Unless you also want them to add some sort of monetization to it?
    • Like x 1
  15. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I'm easy to please. I know this game is in dire state right now with a very short staff. Not asking for a major DLC that eas a huge missed opportunity for super heroes in every comic such as secret identities being revealed so why not go with some easier stuff like:

Make all daily login award styles available in the marketplace for purchase for those who have missed them that are coming back from long break from the game. For instance I would like to have the enhanced future warden style I missed out on in January 2022 and have been very patiently waiting for it to be added to either booster gold or Dr. Fate vendor and hasn't been or completely forgotten.

I would also like the base item limit to be raised by at least 200 items for larger bases since it hasn't been raised in the past 2 years. But has been raised by 100 items for each of the 2 years prior.
    • Like x 1
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Bring PvP back to it's original RPS system and let the chips fall where they lie. Trying to balance it around 1 v 1 is what killed everything else. Team composition was important with the rps system.
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Donna Troy ally that will work amazing with elec healing & dps.
    Themyscira base theme.
    New Legends characters.
    Music Controller Powerset (If they ever start introducing new powersets).
    • Like x 2
  18. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I would spend money on a custom sidekick, power color change, early access to content (member's only), a token for increased base item limit, league hall upgrades of any kind, a GoFundMe to support the process to make all weapon combos good, literally anything to make PVP fun, custom in-game titles, emotes sold outright in marketplace instead of a time capsule, a Supersons-teamup ally, and year-round access to seasonal and survival mode vendors (where currency can only be purchased with cash).
    • Like x 2
  19. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

New powers, new legends, a faction and gender change token, power-specific movement styles, and the ability to change the color of your power.
    • Like x 2
  20. Some rando Active Player

Well, giving All-Access members early access to content will definitely make more players pay for All-Access, so that would be my vote.
    A new power or weapon would also have the same result.

But for me personally, A new sorcerer or magic related power would easily make me dish out money.
    New premium body types also. A fat hero or villain would be awesome.
    • Like x 2