What is going on with the Sidekicks?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by inferno, Sep 18, 2017.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I put my sidekick out and he gives me around 2k of power and 3 to 4k of health. In the entire time he was out he will give me 3 ticks for power and 4 ticks for health. My health and power bar are over 26k and they barely budge with these ticks.
    Is this the new norm for the Sidekick's benefits?
    • Like x 3
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

working as intended, they got adjusted with revamp, adapt or perish.
    :eek:.... :p.... :).... :D... ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Be happy they move, qwardian henchman can be used a stand still doing absolutely NOTHING. Which Im sure everyone is aware these are TC items, so they damn well should work.
    • Like x 1
  4. MastaMind Dedicated Player

This game is all about balance!11!!11one!! Nerf the supply drop!1!!!!!one!!1!
    • Like x 1
  5. inferno Loyal Player

So the Sidekick benefits were adjusted then? I didn't know they were and there were no notes about it. The supply drop still gives the full health and even though the orbital strike hits for less than before, it still does damage comparative to our current damage.

@xxhlxdpsxx - you sure the qwardian henchmen are doing that? I didn't know about it. Why is no one else bringing these things to attention in the forum so they can be checked out?
    • Like x 2
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I definitely did not see any posts about it either. Truthfully though I just never paid attention to the sidekick guy much. I unlocked it forever ago just for the fudge of it, and then since I have starting healing I have been using him. I can't break the habit though. I always save my orbitals/henchmen/etc strictly for the boss fights. Same goes with the sidekick. I will try to pay better attention to it just to confirm it. Just to confirm though you do have the "Boost" paid for?

As far as the Qwardian henchmen I have never used them in an actual battle. They just look so Pied Piper to me. So I have called them out but never in actual battle. Mostly just to make fun of them and insult their mothers. I will test it when I get off work just for additional confirmation.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

It was mentioned at testing phase that sidekick gives very little benefits. Same for regenerative shielding. Ignored. So probably intended.

Supply drop works so well, because it gives a percentage based power/health back, like soders.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I don't use my sidekick anymore because it's useless. Back-up is so much better.
    • Like x 1
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Why are they nerfing our toys?
    • Like x 2
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Toys have lost their relevancy in more than just PVE, they took them completely out of PVP.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am pretty much the same way. On any role aside from Tank the back up does provide a temporary aggro which means while they are up there is a little less chance of the big boss targeting you specifically. Please keep in mind i did say LITTLE since we all know there are bosses out there designed to hop around all over the place and attack anything that moves .. Heck I have had bosses in the face of my healer with a tank on the team and back up out.

I use sidekick on a few of my tanks but even that depends on the tank. My Atomic's aura take care of any healing i need so I have her set up with Back up to add more damage.

On a less technical note... I like the options we get with the look of back up as opposed to the one look it seems like all side kicks have..... Basically giving us our own version of Robin. I will need to go check is there some RULE in the DC handbook that prohibits side kicks from being adults and wearing long pants? LOL NO. Wait! Kid Flash and Speedy both got to wear "Big Boy" pants.

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'll check mine tonight. I really don't look at them anymore.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, not this again.
    • Like x 1
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

PVP is bleeding into PVE... believe it, its true. :D
  15. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

I know it is not about this thread that too much, and I should create a new thread, but here isn't a bad thread to talk about it, I have ever talked to a lot of my friends and they loved this idea, I would be able to choose my own sidekick's body type and oer sonaliry and styles and powers and colors, isn't it fantastic, for example we can make a copy of ourself and look like the characters who can transform to 3 or 2 copies of themselves like a female hero in Legion of Super-Heroes or make an iconic character like Superboy who acts like the sidekick or we make one of our friends style when we miss them. :)
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No, it's not. PvP is PvP. PvE is simulations. Not the same.
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

actually Q soldiers should hate our multiverse backstory wise...maybe they are just doing the job??
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Between my main (qwardian) and alt (normal) ive noticed both very in frequently will go unresponsive but its never more than a few seconds from my experience.
  19. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

At least the sidekick's shield still works. (It totally doesnt)
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm curious is there anything this revamp didn't do to reduce damage? I really do not recall a huge number of angry threads with players screaming... "Our utility belt toys are doing way too much damage .. its "ruining" the game for me .. Pleas oh please can't we get them nerfed so they just look pretty and do NOTHING?"

Don't get me wrong there are thing about the revamp I like but plenty that still drives you crazy. Last night I was able to FINALLY take my now CR 150 Water DPS and solo the Rogues! Pre Revamp at Cr 92 I was able to solo any of them.. Last time I tried before last night I still wound up on one knee at CR 138.

And since I JUTS KNOW some one will ask.. I current have 151 SP and YES most of that is in CRITS or Might/Power. While some even question using them until end game YES I have mods in every single armor slot and YES I use the right color in the right slot to get all the bonuses. Yes I have every single generator mod slot fill and while for some reason the 7._ for Resto (for the healer side are taking their good old time dropping) all the Mights I have slotted there are 7.1 or 7.3.. have not seen a 7.2 yet

Let's see what else YES I am using tactical mods in every slot...... NO not the head por legs yet but in all the ones you can get from the Dispenser at your lair. And Finally YES I belong to a league and am getting a BUFF to my damage from that as well.

And yet with ALLLLL that I still used my orbital strike and my back up to defeat each Rogue. Used my supply drop and my damage enhancing charm and the battle took long enough to require me to use not 1 but 2 sodas. Oh yeah and surprisingly because I never really pictured him as the "toughest" Rogue. Weather Wizard still managed to put me on one knee and i had to rexz, repair armor, use an omega compound to boost all stats before I took him out in round two...

Now the changes they made supposedly "only" affected raids... been on alerts with Higher CR that were still kicking but ..on a raid, any raid may as well be just another relevant player because the damage out is nerfed so bad. So the question is how in the hell am i "ruining" anyone else's game by soloing a bounty that I have twice the combat rating of? And PLEASE forget the lame excuse that I am some how depriving players at that level that want to defeat it.

1. I get on shout and ask if ANYONE would like to join me in defeating said Rogue and get NO responses. So I am offering to let anyone join me.

2. In case its been THAT long since you even tried.. the Rogue's all had their spawn times fixed a while ago.. So I could defeat Captain Cold in Metropolis and in 2 minutes or less he'd be right back out of the street waiting to be attacked.

Plus going back to this NERF of pets.. I was under the impression that the amount of damage they did was only affected by a players CR. So if two CR 120 each pull out their back up... both are doing the exact same amount of damage. WHO was this cheating in any way that it was necessary to nerf them?