What is a Battle Tank

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mikeyb2001, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

ive heard the term not sure how or if i want to be one
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A tank that emphasizes damage along with it's role. It's harder to do than just pure tanking, so unless you like a challenge, and/or are competent at tanking in general, don't do it.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Something you shouldn't attempt.
    • Like x 1
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Thats not what a battle tank is. In order to explain what a battle tank is i will explain what a turtle tank is. A turtle tank is a term given to the tanks that block most of the time, the perfect example of this is ice tank before revamp, they would pop a sheild 24/24h and press block. If you wanna be a turtle tank, fortified block is for you.

A battle tank is a combination of pvp whit a "chicken" xd. The ideia of battle tank is to avoid as much damage as possible. How? You try to counter the boss, block boss moves, roll when u have to..., basicaly pvp on pve:3

Before sm era, turtle tank was the way to go. However after the revamp and whit the addition of fortified assault, battle tanking became somehow viable.

If you looking for a tank whit burn earth is the way to go. If u looking for battle tanks i would recomend rage, its a very fun power:3
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

in a "what's it supposed to be" nutshell, a tank with so much SP that he spent it on Dom enough for their shield to complete its duration on a huge amount of incoming damage, enough on health and probably maxed precision to make WM damage make significant damage.

I have a rage tank alt which I havent bought feats to get SP, just around 100+, 0 spent points on Precision, the smokebomb WM hits 20k-30k.
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

A tank who makes DPS sad.

And since the revamp, and contrary to what has been said already, battle tanking is incredibly easy to do with just artifacts and weapons. Or superpowers if you’re earth or atomic. No special specs or a hybrid of tank and dps gear is needed.
    • Like x 2
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Battle tanking is an earth tank that put sp in critical and power/might for jackhammer spam because gear give enough dom. Use sc mods, half tank gear, might mods, and tap the same button over and over. Stop to use epicenter and clip with SC generator and go right back into it. Now, someone is about to talk about elite content. You can't do it in there. They might be right but that's only 2 pieces of content. You can go prec tanking, but that take a little skill because of counters and all. So just go earth and follow instructions. Oh 1 other thing, make sure you use pet tanking in setup.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

what fatal said but he left out the how fun it is part but I really wouldn't do it in a pug group its something that's better left to league runs or anything not end game raids its completely usable everywhere else
  9. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

When I battle tanked, I used only dps gear. But that isn't needed anymore since the might is almost the same in tank gear as in dps gear. And since revamp, tanks don't get a reduction in damage. I used my dps innates like basemods and trinkets etc. The loadout is part dps and part tank. And the sp allocation is part tank and part dps aswell. (300+sp)

With battle tanking, it uses a bit more skill to get full aggro and you have to pay much more attention to your surviving. At the end of the game I usually did more damage then the dps. ;) But that's not just about the might/prec of whatever. It isn't always who does the highest damage, but the first damage. As tank you always do the first damage. That will increase the damage a lot.
    • Like x 2
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That's not a battle tank. Try not to spread misinformation
    • Like x 4
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just had a good laugh reading his idea of a battle tank. Lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

That is not a battle tank, sir. I should know...I am one. XD
    • Like x 3
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ummmm. No. Sorry bud that is incorrect. That's called ACTIVE tanking. Not Battletanking.
    • Like x 3
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Ive always found its more than likely because as the tank your always hitting the adds and like you said your the first to engage and constantly attacking especially with a power like atomic or earth as its part of your tanking just doing your job creates the opportunity to build your numbers
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I can see how it's easy to confuse the two. You can attack and spam powers all you want, but you won't do much without taking measures to actually change your damage output.
    • Like x 1
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

You need a lot more SP if you want to battle tank effectively.

Otherwise, you are better off with the standard allocation for standard tanks focusing on survivability.
    • Like x 2
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

battle roles are roles fully capable of performing their own support functions in addition to dpsing and helping with damage and burn. fire tanks, celestial healers, munitions and hardlight trollers, rage tanks, etc.
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You can battle tank with any power if you were skilled enough, or was up to the challenge.

I stayed in my Ice battle tank armory 24/7 after maxing my artifacts out. Quite fun honestly. Top the board almost every time.
  19. Tat Level 30

Will someone send me a link(s) about atomic battle tanking.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I sort of have a battle tank LO on my atomic alt swapping in might augs, solar amp artifact and a more damage focused utility belt configuration. With only 330 SP unlocked the dom and health is too low for T9 raid content (maybe T8 too) but with lower content the dom and health are more than enough so it's nice to be able to contribute more on the damage side. I tend to use my battle tank LO's for bounties as well.