What If...You Could Buy Marks With In-Game Cash?!!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Aug 1, 2013.

1. MCAZR New Player

That other thread had me thinking.

What if you could buy Marks with In-Game Cash? Huh? Huh? Huh? It would be a boon for sales on those escrow tokens and maybe get more people to sub up. It's pay to win but not with real money. Of course there are massive differences in the economies across servers but just thought I'd throw it out there.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

nope premiums like me wouldnt be able to keep up with subber progression
  3. Statman New Player

It's just one of those silly ideas. Though, at one stage early in the games days, being able to reset raids freely was considered one of those silly ideas too... o_O
  4. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

It is a pay to win with real money. Real money for those escrow accesses and legendary. I'm rather for making marks tradable.
  5. Trees New Player

Wouldn't this make the game harder to find groups for content? I mean if you could buy marks why bother running anything lol reaplay badges would be almost pointless then. You wouldn't have to replay a raid you could just go farm and make money to buy your marks. I was all for the other threads idea but I don't think many people will be supporting this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Solidus91 Active Player

What if you could trade marks in for game cash? a lot of players in my league have hit the triumph cap and are having to store it in their bank. also I don't think buying marks for in game cash would be such a good idea as it would take away the need to run content, no point imo
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Not sure. I guess people with a lot of (in game) cash wouldn't need to grind content for get gear.

I do know what would happen if Rick James became the Hulk though. Because I read this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Nah thats ok. Thumbs Down!!! I like that I earn Marks by beating content.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kon El Active Player

I personally would love it because lately I have been very busy and can't really keep up anymore but I would feel guilty doing it because I know that it would kinda go against the spirit of the game.
    See much like every MMO there are websites that sell in-game-cash for real money... The creative crew of the games don't like it and it is sorta frowned upon but as long as there is a trading system between players where you can trade items for cash then there is really nothing that they can do to stop these people from doing this. So all a player would have to do is become legendary for one month, buy a boatload of in-game-cash and then buy the marks and baddah-bing they are full tier with no effort.

So technically it wouldn't be pay to win but with a few shady deals it would be and then the game would break and dogs would marry cats and the rain would start falling up and then there would be a flashpoint dlc and then a new 52 dlc and then they would start selling marks and igc in the marketplace and all would be lost....

Really they have already made it super easy to get marks and with the reset tokens it's darn close to already being pay to win.
  10. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

This has been brought up and shot down just as fast several times already. Its pay to win and will never happen.
  11. Notangie New Player

Turning excess marks into money is a sound idea. Turning in-game cash into marks not so much. Someone can sell a dynasty accent table and skip a tier. This would lead to more incompetent players.
  12. darkmoon caverns New Player

The game would be broken.
  13. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Why? People would trade marks for items from other people. If course, tradable items only.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

One good plan and a person never has to run their main or any alts through content again, essentially creating a new class of player, the merchant.
  15. Lynx Committed Player

Terrible idea, it'd only make things harder on the premiums (who already cant access half of the high end content due to not being able to afford crafting schematics, materials, or even repair costs).

How, a mark exchange wouldnt be so bad - being able to trade marks of triumph for marks of valor, and vice versa. That'd let players like myself - who do enjoy pvp but do not enjoy being terribly undergeared for it, and spend a lot more time doing pve - gear up for pvp (or pve) by doing the opposite gametype. It'd also help skirt around the fact that pvp mark rewards are ridiculously insufficient at the moment - the average player will lose at least half of all matches he plays, and wins only give what, 2 or 3 marks of valor/legends? Pathetic.

I also think that we should have vendors that sell the dropped items in all pve raids for marks of triumph (or the respective t5 marks). It can be annoying trying to farm for specific items, always having to roll against up to 8 other people, and competing with them for rare drops. The same goes for duo/alert drops - they should be purchaseable with marks of triumph.
  16. darkmoon caverns New Player

Yeah and then we'd have a lot more unskilled people jumping content.
  17. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Got it, forget lol :p
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Those rip off scammer spammers would get way out of hand.
  19. MCAZR New Player

Good point. I do wonder how much deflation would occur on USPS3 if say $10,000,000 got you 1,000 MoT. I know I'd spend some money.