What if LPVE never went away?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I just realized one thing. What if we had a permanent tab in the On Duty menu that allowed us to do LPVE?

Here are the advantages:

1. No high-cr noob (that we know it wouldn`t do the content if they were in cr range) rushing to the boss and leaving the group behind.
    2. No roflstomping content.
    3. All content would be equally challenging due to that.
    4. Every single PVEwould be cross-faction, so this would drastically reduce waiting times for villain side.
    5. You wouldn`t suffer with bad players on their roles.
    6. You won`t need to grind your alts so much, just go to the LPVE variant.
    7. This complements my previous idea of playing with a group of AIs. We would just get Legends AI?

Things I didn`t manage to counter-argue to support this:

1. Sense of progression. Sure, we could get source marks and improve our cr, but we wouldn`t feel the progression on LPVE.
    2. We would only have unlocked the LPVE variants of what we had unlocked, so we would need to increase our CR anyways.
    3. I don`t know how this could be implemented.

Have in mind that I am N O T suggesting to REPLACE things as it is, but to ADD this extra mode as an extra way to help players.

Comment on this annoying Fweem-Man making threads all around.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If LPVE never went away, it'd be of no importance to me as it is now.

I still wouldn't touch it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dub T Well-Known Player

I thought LPvE didn’t go away. Only the maps change, or am I cray?
    • Like x 1
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

What if the devs realized they didn't keep pvp or lpve in mind. What if they woke up from the dream they thought the revamp was? What if they said omg how could we keep these game modes in our game this is wrong... we are going to shutdown lpve and pvp sorry about our mistake. here have all the feats enjoy :) what if lpve and pvp was taken out of dcuo altogether? because the revamp killed those game modes? Would u be down for that? What if ur pve stats could be used in lpve? What if there was no pvp gear and only pve gear would that change pvp? Iv got alot of what ifs to list I could keep going. If they took pvp gear out of the game and make pvp with pve gear this game would blow up again. the devs would make so much money they wouldn't know what to do with it. Pvp in an mmo is much more fun and competitive then pve. Would like to understand why this hasn't happened yet along with my other list of what ifs