What has happened to legends? (Catwoman problem)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Birds Of Prey, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Birds Of Prey New Player

With the revamp, new life has been breathed into pvp arenas. While many of the problems remain, and new ones surface. The revamp was not intended to tackle these issues. Despite this, arena is a lot more fun than it was prior to the revamp. Satisfied with the direction of this, I headed into legends, which is where I would get my fix prior to the revamp, knowing the Martial Arts lunge, and other issues would be gone, I had high expectations. The match begins, 2v2 legends, and the opponents are both Catwoman, ok, she is known to be slightly overpowered, as well as being a very good character. All the previous exploits I had encountered in my years of pvp would surely mean things couldn't be worse, right? wrong. Both of them spam block break, when you lunge them, no damage registers, due to an invulnerable exploit that had me shaking my head (no, not the shield.) no matter how many times we would counter our opponents, we wouldn't have a chance, our damage out would be significantly low. and we would end the fight having half the damage of our opponents, at the end of an extremely frustrating and tragic case, that marked the end of legends for me until this problem is addressed. I have had no problem with any other 'overpowered', or the lunge exploit for that matter, as there was still fun to be had. However abusing several exploits with catwoman, which I and a friend checked in a scrimmage to confirm the issue. ( she can block break and lunge at the same time, she can gain invulnerability despite being countered several times making damage against her pointless, her damage output is excessively high ) left me for the first time in playing this game wondering what the hell had just happened, and I have been around since the beta stage of the game. Asking myself what has happened? this wasn't here before the revamp, or I just didn't have the pleasure of encountering two players who had decided to use every exploit available with Catwoman.

To conclude, this is a serious issue in my opinion, and I recommend any doubters to grab a friend, go into a scrimmage and see for yourself, but I have faith, looking at other threads, that this is a known issue. This is my first post on the forums, I have been lead to making due to the fact I believe something has changed post revamp, as I have never encountered exploits, glitches of this level. Unfortunately I do not have a video to attach, however, if I go through the agony of another legends match, I'm sure it won't be long till I find another exploiter. As is the case with rifles currently in the arena.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Catwoman and Cheetah are, attack wise, the strongest Legends characters right now. Every other Legend had a reduction in weapon damage with the revamp but Catwoman and Cheetah's weapon attacks remained at the levels they were before since their weapon is classified as Fatal Feline. 4 tap holds on regular MA will hit for around 300-400 with a crit. 4 tap holds with Catwoman and Cheetah will hit for 1,100+ with a crit.

It was reported months ago by me when the revamp was on Test. The developers chose to ignore it sadly. I even explicitly warned them that if they didn't address the damage you would see double Catwoman, double Cheetah, or a combination of both if the damage wasn't addressed.

That being said there are no "exploits" with Catwoman and Cheetah. They are just overpowered as hell right now.
    • Like x 3
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yes Catwoman and Cheetah are OP atm because they have not been updated for revamp.

As far as invulnerable exploits and block break and lunge at the same time, no idea what you are talking about.

There is no exploit to suddenly become invulnerable by pressing certain buttons in a certain fashion. The way to become invulnerable or counter-immunity, where the character is flashing blue, is gaining a counter. Blocking someone, block breaking someone, interrupting someone.

When flashing blue, you are counter-immune. When flashing white, you are CC-immune. Gained by breaking out or using the breakout trinket.

As for this block break and lunge at the same time, again you cannot be doing two things at the same time. Maybe you saw Catwoman doing the first hold range, then straight into lunge. Then yes, if you get a counter on the first hold range, best to hold melee for the lunge. This has been happening before Revamp in Arenas with MA for quite a while now. MA lunge spamming.

Seems more like you were lagging a bit in some matches and did not hold block quickly enough to counter the lunge. If so, avoid Batcave 2v2 matches. Highest chance of lagging, per my experience.

As far as double Catwoman or Catwoman + Cheetah, there always seems to be a player who is doing more block break spamming dependent. Thats the player you always target to lunge at. And if he/she starts blocking, then you know you have stopped the block break spam and now can block break back at them if you are quick enough.

After backflip, its usually either a block breaker or a lunge incoming. Since Catwoman/Cheetah is so high in weapon damage, maybe just lunge always when you see the backflip and avoid the "block for the lunge or lunge at the BB” struggle. Then if they start blocking after backflip, you adjust accordingly.

If you see a Catwoman double team syncing their lunges blocks and block breakers, you are in trouble.
    • Like x 3
  4. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I'm having alot of fun with Catwoman right now FREE-0 most Lair matches and Free-0 in Batcave as well She's fun!
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

If you played since Beta, you should know that Catwoman was always op, even tho Devs did nerf her a bit. She was by far stronger then she is now, even tho she still is strong. Usually when I queue for PvP I see mostly Batmen, Black Adams, Catwomen, Cheetah (As she is now free to play, almost never saw her before), Harley Quinn's, Joker's and sometime's a Sinestro. Most players play Batman or Catwoman, they have fast combos and easy to play. I play PvP for almost three years now, and there's losses and wins. Doesn't matter if that is a cat woman or not. I use my skills and all possible combos. Just accept that there are elite players who are far better then you and me. Catwoman is not Impossible to defeat, for me she's not a threat. I have no problem defeating her as I know her so well. I'm learning all legends, each of them, and also the players, It really helps in a match. My mains are usually Huntress, Catwoman, and Wonder Woman. Now I really love Sinestro as well. If you are good you can defeat any Legend. Keep that in mind! There's returning opponents for me I thought were very bad at start and they became better and better each round against me. So, with this, I say, just keep playing. :)
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

And Joker Clownbox is broken now. Used to be you could regen a whole chunk of power. Now you can't. Yes yes, Joker Clownbox could be used in a cheesy manner if one knew how. But still..... doesnt mean that the power regen should not be there.

Arenas, with the Superpowered focus power regen, is totally broken. The shield meta is even worse than 1-shot era and MA lunge era, cos in those eras, at least at some point, your opponent is going to run out of power. And then its about countering.

Now its more power spam than anything. And rotating between 1,2, or 3 shields.

Edit: Legends is near broken. The power regen to me still feels more than previously, when you depended on hits for regen. But it is not so bad in Legends because everyone is more or less on an even playing field.

Arenas on the other hand are a totally different matter.
    • Like x 1
  7. Birds Of Prey New Player

Ok, upon further investigation, like it has been said above, Catwoman and Cheetah are now broken again in terms of their damage output. The invunlrebility may have been an illusion created by the fact they are hitting up to 1400 from their weapon as appose to a 400 or so from another character. I hope this can be fixed again :/
  8. Birds Of Prey New Player

Thanks for the info guys, I'm aware that Catwomsn has always been op, however I feel that Brother Allen hit the nail on the head in terms of damage reduction. I remember a phase where it was just as bad, I can't help but feel something has changed post revamp. Unless I haven't faced players exploiting her to that level
  9. Birds Of Prey New Player

I would just like to add a final post to this thread, the reason I mentioned Catwoman was glitched, is because the opponent I faced was speed hacking, as I encountered this again in a 4v4, where a group member pointed this out to me (as if it wasn't obvious enough). So scratch that from the first post, as that is an issue of its own. The damage remains an issue, and hopefully a patch will be applied in the future!
    • Like x 1