What happened to the support roles in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm not accusing you of being mean, I'm accusing you of being inconsistent. As for support roles, if they wanna run no mod, that's their choice *and not yours*.
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

no other players have, but once again as i said they had the choice that entire that was just to show it could better help their dps or heals as i said i prefer players to have them, but as long as they know how to play their powers i am cool with that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

You should just stay far away from the conversation involving player + modding. You are a good person but ever since you have brought those topics up, the forums have flamed you for it, time and time again.
    • Like x 4
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pretty much. I'm not trying to bring it up in the 'are you right or wrong?' sense, but it's awfully ironic to see someone with a horse in this particular race after their particular horse in the prior one.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi Will... long time no see. ;)

Troll who give 0 power....
    Healer who do not heal....

Those happened 4 years ago..... and they still happen now.:(

I guess the difference is that you would expect that once people reach 150CR that they actually know how to Heal... or how to Troll......
    But sadly.... it is not the case. :(

One trend that I keep on seeing is Healers who wait to the last possible moment before starting to heal.

And I don't mean Healer failing to heal one shot...... usually nothing they can do.

Healers with a full blue bar who wait and wait to heal as the health slowly goes down.
    You see the health go down to 80%.... no heal.
    The health goes to 60%...... no heal
    The health goes down to 40%.... no heal.
    The health goes down to 25%... no heal.
    The health goes down to 5%..... THEN they start to cast their HoT... but sadly by the time they finally finish their HoT.... half the group is already dead.

Drives me nuts when I see that.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

First Derio Thanks, But no the mods weren't even in this thread.

Kimone i didn't even say anything about the mods so you need to stop now i am not some Drama show you can put on.

First off i said i play all roles it was an option to,Never said anything about mods no one has since that thing had died off almost a week ago, So you need to let that go.

Now before anyone else gets on My case about these Darn mods How about listening to my Side of story for once?

Listen i ask for that thread to be closed at page 5 because my personal life was getting in it after that i was done with that thread.
    i played with the groups i made we always had mods but several groups didn't i never found it bad But i figure i make a thread showing what they did where to buy them you know be helpful.

the community was going back and fourth on that thread that has nothing to do with me at all, The only thing i did was show pictures of what the mods did where to buy the mods what they could with and ask people if they would mods The terms Please means i was asking, Never once demand the people heck i use to not play with mods but i figure i suggest and show them.

Now with that guys the entire time everyone was going back and fourth one that thread i was gone to my friends house a friend who i haven't seen in nearly 11 years.

i came back on in that thread to tell some little punk kid that was trolling me once again saying didn't i say i was going to quit, i told him i wasn't quitting the game and that was it.

So how about waking up cause i had nothing to do with any of that i never once Demand you have mods ever, that was Between other players after page 5 i was done because my personal life was in it my fault, But i was beyond piss at the time i request that thread to be close down 5 times before i log off.

The entire thread fighting thing wasn't my fault, Once again i made the thread to show images of What the mods were what they did where to buy them oh and ask nicely if players would put them on and that was it.

This will be the last time i talk about this Because now i am starting to think this is everyone's new trolling thing against me.
    • Like x 1
  7. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

what in the heck are those healers doing in the mean time? sleeping in the corner -_-
    • Like x 1
  8. Will Power Loyal Player

I get panic attacks when healing if the health drops below 60%!

I recently was in an Event with low level players it too 80 mins to get a good team. You know the kind that don't have DPS in the front where a Tank should be but there is none.

I tell you the lower you go in the game the less it seems to be that no one knows what a support role is and this is Post Level 10 when you get introduced to the Second role to chose to play as!
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They try to DPS.
    • Like x 1
  10. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

yeah that sounds about right

"I know I have a job to do, but I'd rather just be mashing my attacks/offensive abilities. They don't need my heals"

well unless you don't keep an eye on your teammates health bars, you probably wouldn't be telling yourself that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Probably used to being DPS because most everything is DPS centric and it's easier to gear up as a DPS I hear...
    • Like x 2
  12. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

eh perhaps, but if they put themselves up as a healer role and wait till 20% health to actually start healing. That still seems a bit off IMHO. I understand that having a 25% damage reduction as the role appears intimidating, but if you have good team members who are slated as the damage role then you really shouldn't that concerned about not being able to hit as hard. I've only been building my healer up for about two months, and I mostly see people in match making use damage role(any other role is about 1/5 for me). So I guess that says something about your observation.
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

DPS UNIVERSE ONLINE. They even made DPS'ing a bore by making everything a 1 2 3 4 5 set up with powers.
    • Like x 2
  14. Powerhouse70 Well-Known Player

First off they arent 'support" roles.

That implies that healers, tanks and controllers are less than DPS. We arent the sidekicks to your heroes. And this isnt Sky High.

Secondly, that this has been going on for quite some time shows that a massive disparity exists in gameplay....and needs to be fixed......badly.

The answer to this is to give DPS glass jaws.

Balance that high damage with lower survivability, lower energy regeneration and higher threat.This will force DPS to play with healers, controllers and tanks. That is if they want to survive.

When people are running raids with 7 dps and a single healer or a tank theres a big problem there.
    • Like x 5
  15. Controller Devoted Player

Lord Jareth don't concern yourself with him. He is obviously carrying a grudge from a previous thread.

I too was a victim of the Trolling in your modding thread from a couple of weeks ago - simply because I wanted to see some proof of an unmodded content run.

I won't deflect this thread further, but again you've done nothing wrong here.
  16. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Another fact is the content is so easy. Most of the content can be run with one of each support role and 5 dps. They make the content for the casuals. You would see more support roles if they nerfed healers and controllers and made it impossible to solo their roles. Then you would see a huge amount of support roles. Because content would be impossible to beat
    • Like x 1
  17. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I would love to play the tank role, but being new there I am just now learning what it means. I agree with the DPS rating mentioned, but disagree that is all players. I for one am a comic book nut so seeing the game play out is my favorite part it is like seeing a new DC movie for the first time. So as the CR has risen and my confidence is increased I have been trying to get role specific gear and try my hand at that. My main reason for loading damage first is a comment made awhile back in a raid "I'm too squishy" I lost confidence therefore I started sticking to a role I knew and tried to get better. Now its more like oh well there loss.
    • Like x 2
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

The funy part is when those people starting to teach me how to play support and kick me coz i didnt hold stompa as tank in HH or when im a healer becouse they died in masive pink AOE in PB .I get use to it some people will never learn how to play they only can press 12345 and blame all around .
    • Like x 2
  19. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I believe Stompa was where the squixhy part came from
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

And yet random queues still struggle with it...
    • Like x 3