What happened to the other movement variations?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Acro still beats it over long distances, Tesseract made a vid over 2 years ago where it shows it
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

While a way to go, I still think it'd be better off as its own movement mode/variant. First example I think of when it comes to Super Leap is a certain green-skinned goliath from a rival company, and he's far from acrobatic. LOL

Either way I still think it'd be problematic putting it in the game and having it useful with the races. Even though they're only really part of the game during the leveling process (and just after with the Catwoman races), going through those races provides both XP and feat points. Acrobatic races can be tough as is, I can't imagine trying to mix Super Leaping in and having it work as well as some would hope.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Let's not forget that there are several characters in DC using this movement. Nor need we use the example of Marvel!
    I had already thought of a new movement / variant.
    But I realized that being an extra skill that can be unlocked or not, it is easier to do, more just and can satisfy everyone!
    I agree that many acrobat attributes do not match, but run, climb buildings, and give a super jump is something that certainly fits! The rest of the player do if you want to or not!
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm on PC and do not use a joystick.
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

W and S then... watch the video from Odyssey Remander just posted here
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is why DPS is SS lol b/c SS is the best movement while in combat.

flight and acro suck in combat.
  8. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Acrobatics: Long Jump (This is super jump, but with more focus on controlling the jump... so jumps are able to be longer rather than higher, unless you hit Fast Mode [hold R3] to go into bursts for traveling greater distances, in which case they are both)
    Super Speed: Teleportation / Phasing (This could be fun if done in bursts where your character's "spirit" leaves his body and flies forward, then shifts the "body" which has been left in freeze-frame to his back to him. Done over short distances in quick succession this could be a very cool effect)
    Flight: Skimming

Unlikely alternatives:

Acrobatic: Shapeshifting (Take the shape of different animals for different movements, like Beast Boy. A fun variant of this might be to do something vampiric - turn into a swarm of bats for Rocket Glide, a wolf for running, or a large puddle of blood to slide up and across buildings)
    Super Speed: Surfing (some would argue that this would be flight, but I just don't see it)
    Flight: Atmokinesis (weather control)

Acrobatics: Mounts (Beast Travel, with Style tab for different mount options)
    Super Speed: Vehicles (Ground Based, with Style tab for different vehicle options)
    Flight: Vehicles (Air-based, with Style tab for different vehicle options)
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

I saw that. Very interesting. 4+ years, and I've never once heard of that. Still wouldn't ever play that MM. Being able to go a little faster, in a straight line, isn't enough for general game play. But, it is interesting. I wonder why it works that way?
  10. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I see it as SUPER-SPEED would be like GLIDING/ SLIDING ( like ICEMAN ) but the DEVS would have to animate it so it is in fact NOT like ICEMAN for OBVIOUS REASONS.

I see it as ACROBATS would be like WEB- SLINGING ( like SPIDERMAN ) but AGAIN the DEVS would have to animate it so it is in fact NOT like SPIDERMAN. This one being a lot HARDER to do because as i see it the ROCKET GLIDE take on this movement would have to be like per say WEB ZIP LINING ( staright forward ZIP LINING ).

BOTTOM LINE: The DEVS SHOULD give US an UPDATE to where these movement variants are at in TERMS of DEVELOPMENT.
    • Like x 1
  11. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I tried looking up tyles of movements in comics and its very hard to find anything on that I can see a beast like movement there you run on all fours for Acro, if thats there case I'll change Tigress from SS in a heartbeat.
  12. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I do agree they don't have to tell us what they are yet but an update on them as to where they are on them would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  13. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

In FACT you are WRONG. SUPER SPEED is the FASTEST way to travel, THEN ACROBATS ROCKET GLIDE and then finally FLIGHT. I have tested this many times over with leaguemates and the conclusion is that SUPER SPEED is the FASTEST.

BOTTOM LINE: EVERYONE will have their favorite BUT FLIGHT will always be the MOST VERSATILE. It comes in good for any and all situations. Looking for collections, observing surroundings and so forth.
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

well a while back in days of old the Devs have said Flight is the slowest movement in the game while SS is the fastest. I personally don't like Flight in combat, its great when you need ot search for stuff and look down on everyone lol, but in combat its drags and i don't like that, I like SS but its annoying going through small doors and getting rattled trying to correct your positioning, Acro is my favorite movement for 4 years in this game I love it in combat especial PvP you just need to know how you move I guess I would flip all over the place roll at times use my grappling hook and to climb up and down and being slowed down doesn't affect me as much as in the other movements but I see SS being a close 2nd in PvP wit hits double jump. I used to whe nPvP phase was a thing go an attack Heroes PS an just run around having 20-30 Heroes trying to catch and kill me rarly was I caught...try doing that with flight and unless you are the first to move or was continuisly moving you will be caught.
  15. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

ACTUALLY FLIGHT has ONE of the BEST ESCAPES in the game. Off hand i can not remember what the move is called BUT it is in fact a SUPERCHARGE in YOUR MOVEMENT tree and it says something along the lines of " UPON USE THIS WILL SHOOT YOU STRAIGHT UP IN THE SKY AND KNOCKDOWN SURROUNDING ENEMIES".

BOTTOM LINE: I used to use this when i was leveling up as it made it so NO ONE and i mean NO ONE could EVER GANK me as long as i had the SUPERCHARGE to use it. This move allowed you time to go into SUPER SONIC before any one even knew they were KNOCKED DOWN. LOL.
  16. Antwoman Dedicated Player

thats dustoff I rarely used it though its ok to me but I prefer my movement itself as an escape I guess thats how I play flight is just slow to me even though most of my characters are flight thats because it fit them with their names and who I wanted them to be.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They never actually said anything concrete about Acro/SS variants. They proudly announced movement variants but I doubt they actually have concepts or plans for Acro and SS variants so far.
    • Like x 1
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Test again.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

They did talk about skins for SS and Acro, such as a flame trail for SS and vine grapple lines for Acro. Lots of potential there, but they need to devote the resources to it.
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That was another thing though, variants vs skins. Although we have yet to see either of those concepts even acknowledged again.
    • Like x 1