What happened to the other movement variations?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I haven't heard word on it too much, from what it sounded like before skimming they where going to have the other two released by now or one. And I'm surprise I haven't see alot more people asking for it other than a few post like once every 3 months it seems.
    • Like x 5
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Well, Skimming is a variant of Flight. That means (likely) the next "movement skin" would be based on Super Speed or Acrobatic. Both of those are just horrible and have very little practical use in game.

Also, having to pay to switch modes is a bit bogus. The farther we go into this game, the less we want to level an alt just for this kinda stuff.

If switching modes wasn't as costly, I know I'd be more interested.
  3. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Acrobatics is kinda hard, I mean, you can fly over a board, just by yourself, turning yourself into fire, etc. You can run super fast with super rollerskates, a floating device (you can't fly, you just float over the ground).
    But acrobatics is a hard one, you have your grapling gun, you run and glide. What else can you do that gives you those movements?
    • Like x 2
  4. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

For one Acro could have a 'feral' movement variant......with a Hulk/Doomsday esp super jump as the travel power and more parkour like movement attacks

As for Super Speed, I think they should do a 'Ride' variant that produces like a motorcycle or animal you could ride with same basic dynamics (plus different skins for theses could be great revenue in marketplace: like crouch rocket, Harley, wolf, tiger, etc.....)

And I know I would pay for a movement token for either of these.
    • Like x 4
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

Primal run + Super Jump will make a great variant.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jak-Man Committed Player

Where did you here about two other movement modes?

I'm playing [PROTOTYPE] right now, I want the acrobatic variant to be a [PROTOTYPE] variant haha.
  7. White Strife Level 30

For acrobatics, you could actually use the grapple gun to swing i.e. a certain marvel superhero, i mean who wouldnt want to swing through the city?
    For super speed, I like the idea of riding something, that would be a great movement variation, probably hard to code though for different skins, but still a great idea
    For Flight, they talked about it, now make it happen, flight boots, now those with different skins i think we could all get behind that.
    • Like x 2
  8. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I think they went the way of the new UI, Sidekick customization, power based movement effects, ect :(
    • Like x 3
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In reality it's easy!
    In acrobatics in the super jump that everyone always ask!
    It can even be a skill to be activated by a point on it! This already would make a big difference!
    And at super speed, always ask everyone to be a vehicle!
    A motorcycle, skates, skateboard, horse, etc.:)
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

You know whats horrible and very little practical? Flight while in combat.
    SuperSpeed and Acrobatics are really great for combat situations. While you go flying in slow motion to pick somebody, Acro and Speed already did it twice.
    Also...Acrobatics is the fastest movement mode to travel big distances. Like open world missions, Operation, and stuff.

The only reason i would take Flight over SS or Acro is because it has Low Pressure. And only because im a Fire Tank. And even that is no reason enough to switch.
    • Like x 3
  11. Solar Well-Known Player

They are floating out there in maybeland with Crossplay, new UI, and new powers.
    • Like x 2
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

I've never had an issue picking someone up and no Acro is not the fastest MM for traveling big distances.
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes it is.
    • Like x 2
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Roller skates and gliders. #EPIC
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

Maybe between two buildings, lol.
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Jumping with superspeed beats out every movement, even hitting W and S with acro
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Super Jump is one of the few things I do miss from Champions Online, so it's one I wouldn't mind seeing in this game. However, there's a part of me that sees trying to fit that into either the Super Speed or Acrobatics races and seeing a potential nightmare in the making. :eek:

CO tried that and kinda failed in my opinion. You could swing ANYWHERE in the game, which was great, but it made very little sense when you could be swinging high above a tropical island or the Canadian wilderness with nothing above you for your grapple line to attach to. :confused:

I'd rather not see DCUO make the same mistake.
  18. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Taco night + 2 hours
  19. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Wiggle the analog stick up and down and it is the fastest.. This is basic DCUO 101

Super Speed is still the best movement mode to be while in combat mode -------> regarding your previous comment of "very little practical use in this game"

*Shakes Head*
    • Like x 2
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

An alternative, as I said earlier would make the super jump as another skill acrobat! When you spent the point in it, to be at the jump, you would make a huge leap! You continue with everything else, only have this jump!
    The animation could be the same one used in super speed.
    Good to be an extra skill, it is that you will want to choose whether or not! If you want the normal acrobat is not only spend the point. If you want a super jump, there you have to spend one more point to this!
    It's something fair and that solves all problems!