What happened to the bad luck limiter?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StealthBlue, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's only an issue if you feel you NEED to chase OP items. You keep saying it's necessary for progression yet people are progressing without owning them.... :confused:

The drop rates are terrible, I agree. Main reason I don't chase them, but they're also OP items and not everyone is meant to have them. The real issue is feats being attached them when they shouldn't be. It's like time capsules, the "I need to max out everything" crowd will feel like they need to have it which drives the replay economy. That is what khalo meant. You want the drop rate to change, then stop chasing them if you think it's so unfair. Speak with your actions and the devs will adjustments.

Also before you ask, no. Me and khalo are not the same person :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I never said these items were needed, required or any of that. You people threw that in there. I said that they matter. Look at the stats, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they will make a bit of a difference. Especially with 2-3 items in one episode like with AF3 and AoJ.

You also make the assumption that I am chasing the OP items. Thanks to the terrible droprates I don't anymore, I chose to spend my saved up marks on off-role vendorgear on the recent episode. If you want to have any type of point here you shouldn't make blind assumptions just to back someone else up. :rolleyes:
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm backing him up because I agree with him, I'm not trying to attack or berate you or any of that so you can lower the gun and get out of defense mode. I'm not making assumptions either I'm speaking in general terms, and simply trying to offer you another PoV of how to look at OP items and their drop rates. That's all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you want someone to "get out of defense mode" you shouldn't make blind assumptions to try and make it fit your point better. :rolleyes: What you guys offer is the "grind or shut up and don't"-approach. Doesn't change the issues with it no matter how you chose to look at it. A bunch of people have spoken up with actions by the way, I have yet to see any worthwhile adjustments.
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

To me it doesn't matter anymore. RNG or Vendor, it's going to be tied with replays. Ppl who love RNG had good intentions for it and DCUO got greedy with it. Ppl who love vendor gear had good intentions and DCUO and got greedy with it.

I still remember when a certain person said Time capsule event wasn't meant to be replayed, that's why the cost of replay was so high but yet sp and RNG was tied to it.
    I just knew when a certain person said that, it was all bs.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Mepps said in the patch notes for the dlc that it would take half the amount of time to get the OP items, the vendor cost for the collection still seems to be exorbitant so what that means exactly I don't know, but we don't know the drop rates of the new episode yet since it's always different on test server.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'll believe that when the episode gets live and we all get to play it and find out. Even so, the current situation on live goes unsolved...
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If changes are being made, they won't go back and make adjustments to previous op gear until they get feedback on the new ones. They do that with every new change they make to system, like they're doing it with the new elite changes and the loot system. If feedback is positive then they'll go back and adjust previous drop rates or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t think we need the collections to be rare, I think the fact that the vendor collection piece costs nearly as much as a full suit of the gear is perfectly sufficient gating. But hey, what do I know?
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Like I said, I believe that when I see it. When an actual green name comes out to confirm it, that is. Their past history pretty much speaks against all you wrote here.

Also, what other feedback do they need? Lol. The droprate is obviously terrible, people have given their feedback on it already. All they need to do is up the droprate, no additional feedback and stalling needed on that aspect. It would be one thing if they considered changing the approach once again on how you obtain the OP items, like the crafting system that a LOT of people were way happier with than this collection crap.
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

By your logic wouldn't it fall under the same theories as "You don't get to decide what is an issue and what isn't"???

You say that the system is flawed, has terrible drop rates, and is a real true issue. Others say that it is not. Doesn't mean that anyone is right. The same revamp that people pushed for so hard on these forums clearly made a ton of players so unhappy that they quit the game altogether. Should we un-do that as well? Just because some people caught "the feels" about it? That is essentially what you are saying above. The only difference is that I would bet money on which one of those reasons truly caused more people to leave. Revamp or OP items? Hmmmm.

Nothing they ever do is going to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. If people are too childish to overcome it then they probably are better off playing Minecraft or whatever they end up doing. I never liked the idea of the revamp. Yet I am still in the game.

Just look at Artifacts. Here is free progression that requires an occasional run of some old content you probably did not play anymore. People are flipping out about the fact that they cannot beat it on the first week without using an alt or using a very small amount of replay badges. When I tried to loan a guy on here legitimate advice on how to get what he "needed" by either farming the other instances for the catalysts he doesn't need and trading/selling them, or using an alt to do them the response I got was "But what if I wanted to level up both of my roles". So even saying "You really do not have to pay or wait" was not a good enough answer.

What cracked me up is that in another topic down the lines of this same content two of the people posting the most and complaining about the drop rates also just so happen to have the exact items that they were complaining about. So the complaint may have stated that they were denied progression, but in reality they were just gallivanting on the forums trying to change the system to benefit themselves. They either wanted to see other people make less money, themselves make more money, or to gear up alternate characters to the absolute maximum with minimal effort.

Anyway, I was going to type more about it. Got a call. Off work now. Have fun!
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

The system IS flawed. The droprates are CLEARLY an issue. Just because you happen to benefit from it or have no problems adjusting to it doesn't mean the issues goes away for everyone else. :rolleyes: This type of attitude is what keeps things from getting better. Let's not push for a change and just adjust/accept, that will fix it. "Let's wait it out". Lol.

You are also out of nowhere trying to compare the topic of terrible droprates to the topic of the revamp which is just hilarious. The fact that you throw out the childish-remark because people raise concerns also tells me there is no point at all in trying to debate this with you. All hail the Yes-man squad, I guess.