What gives with the seasonal events?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This is becoming a pattern that's bothering me like crazy as of late. Every Seasonal Event now has some form of a gimped set, something that's generic and not really worthwhile.

So the Anti-monitor event just came out today, and once again; there's no new full style set.

I mean just about a month before this, we had the ice back style for Season's Greedings.

The Witching Hour had no styles this year.

The Summer Event mostly had a reskined bikini and shorts set.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but come on you guys put so much work into stuff like Time Capsules which have awesome styles that the community will invest into and yet Seasonal Styles are clearly becoming an afterthought.

Like the community gave you guys so many suggestions for what they wanted to see for this year's Anti-monitor event(Future Flash, Future Circe, Future Harley, etc.) and yet... we got a containment tube style?

For pete sakes, the retextured tier 2 styles that you guys were doing made a better style investment than what's being produced now.

It's hard for me to want to get involved in these events when It just feels like the most generic style piece is just being shelved out as a "new reward".

Please with all do respect... do better with seasonal event styles.

Mini Rant-Over
    • Like x 11
  2. LegendLordDCUO New Player

On switch I can even sign on. All of my characters are gone and says world down :(
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I thought more people would be pleased about not having to grind out another 600 crowns just to keep up with the feats but guess not. I’m happy I might finally be able to afford a Krypto. :p
    • Like x 7
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I agree from that point.

But.....

You keep everyone waiting in suspense for a whole month, and then you know there's the hardcore or as you people call "whales" that more than likely have everything acquired from the past 2 years.

What's there for them to collect this go around?

And what's there to look forward to if this is the end result of what's happening with seasonal events now?

Like... I don't understand how we went from Having the Artic set(Captain Cold inspired) to just Jack Frost's hair and another Doomsday like backstyle.

That transition is just not very inspiring for me to login and actually play this content.
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Most people are mad because it's the anniversary event it's supposed to be something special and it's just a letdown this year.
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I agree it's soon not worth the efford anymore if we only get single pieces and not the whole cake.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I see that, but personally I’m relieved. The anniversary event has always been a bit of a slog for me. We still have the gifts to look forward to, I suppose. Also hearing rumours of a anti-matter turret dropping which I think is pretty exciting because I didn’t get the one from survival.
  8. Eve YouTuber

I agree with the lack of styles. But Anniversary styles were always more expensive (Life-Shell for example),
    which was a downside to having anniversary styles. I was disappointed with Halloween having no styles and Christmas was okay,
    but the base items are awesome. To be fair we had really amazing and animated base items in the last events and now in Anniversary.
    So it makes up for it, at least for me. Hopefully the Anniversary gifts won't disappoint.
    • Like x 4
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The only thing different from past years is the raid is much easier and feat items cost less.

Not often do seasonals ever have anything but "gimped styles"

This has been the same for years and some people are just noticing now?
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I got an anti matter orbital drop but no turret yet
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you don't need it right? any chance of giving it to me? no? i had to try :cool:
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I guess I just happened to notice it more now because these styles just really feel thrown together and not synced well.

Because with the older sets; they all had a theme to them and felt complete.

North Pole.

Skeleton Set.
    Even the Crab set that was released about a couple of years ago made sense.

The Wolf Set.

The Water Themed Variation of the Remora Set.

And the Anti Monitor Event isn't even a close comparison either:
    Anti-Monitor Set.
    The Fracture styled set.

And so on, and now this year is just.... a tube.
    • Like x 2
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Soooo...you want a whole cake trinket?
    • Like x 2
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We may still see that this year. In the past, I think that’s been part of the gift we haven’t received yet.
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

already got that thank you a cake trinket I mean ;)
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Skeleton
    North Pole
    Wolf set
    Crab

All of those are just "gimped"(OPs word not mine) styles. Sure some use them, and maybe they made sense in the content,but they are just styles nothing more. And I said "not often", I didn't say never. So even if we count what you listed, that's what, 5 or 6 styles out of 9 years worth of events/seasonals. Seasonals have always been a time consumer, and the anniversary, since it came out, has always been arguably one of the worst of the bunch for multiple reasons already listed
  17. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

hahaha... you saw that too? As of now, I'm sure you know that just happened because you logged in before the update was complete. When I first saw that, I got freaked out as well. Then I saw the words... "World Down". When I tried again a bit later, there was an update to download and install and now everything's fine.
  18. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Agree, but what can anyone do? I personally like this event this year because I took a few years off right before the inaugural anniversary event and still haven't finished exobyte origin set... But I fully agree with seasonal events falling flat. It might be I've done the other seasonal almost every year they aren't anything to get excited about. Ffxiv has seasonal events and the big ones are revamped every year with a different set of objectives. Would be nice to design new events for July 4th, Christmas, Valentine's day etc.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I am very upset about how seasonals are turning out.. I honestly used to look forward to seasonal more then DLC styles

This is the reason there was no tweet or hype up, we asked why & now we know.

I kinda thought the anniversary was the most special event of the year since its introduction 3 years ago...

Theres no shortage of time capsules or base items that we truthfully have no more room for
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's just it people dont grind, they open their wallets some more and buy currency if the event allows for it. Playing the game is a thing of the past.