Dev Discussion What foliage would you want for your bases?

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Revrec, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

YES! to all your suggestions more plant stuff!

I Really want a plant based Lair as it can look real silly putting some of this beautiful nature inside a preexisting base.

side note: thanks for the great ponds and stream additions we got this year
    • Like x 4
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Feels weird quoting myself, this is my post, had to use other acc bc it kept giving me errors
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

For years I’ve asked for winter trees. I mean, they’re half made already! All you need to do is take the wicked trees from the Halloween event, and put some snow on the branches!
    that and hedge maze dividers.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Coconut Trees for Summer Event would be cool too.
    • Like x 1
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Could be cool to see foliage that implies animal presence to make a base feel "alive"

Stuff that shows signs of being eaten like apples with small animal bite marks or a squirrel's acorn stash
    Long grass that maybe rustles a bit occasionally to imply a snake or other animal in it
    Trees with holes in them that you occasionally see the eyes of small animals who've nested in there
    Plants with bugs and chrysali and such on them
    Trees with bits of that thin top layer of bark missing in spots like some beavers or bugs ate it
    • Like x 1
  6. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Dug how the cherry blossom bits actually cause their... leaves... buds?... to fall. +for elements in bases creating some kind of motion and making things appear more lively. Still hoping for much more interactivity with base items and in other social areas of the game in general. Probably the only MMO on console where there's chairs you can't sit in. For summer could use some more palm trees, possibly some with some actual canned lighting effects included like string lights around them, or tiki torches that emit an orange/yellow hue.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain C Active Player

Disco floor as you walk over it, daily base walk in, as your character does a coordinated dance to the short sequence of a mini-game, or it just lights up when you walk over it after the fact
  8. Revrec Environment Artist

I hope you saw the new base items coming out for spring!
    • Like x 3
  9. Eve YouTuber

Yep, I'm extremely happy. My nature villain base is going to get the right items this time!
    • Like x 1
  10. El Ferchos Active Player

Absolutly, thank you so much for this addition. The flies swarming around the rafflesia is a nice detail to it too!
    • Like x 1
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

Could we get some Japanese trees, fruit orchards & bamboo forest for a spring seasonal one year? I have an awesome idea for a base :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Does that include non-plant items? (Pagoda, shishi odishi fountains, torii garden gates, and traditional trellises)
    • Like x 1
  13. Vatack New Player

Can we got new theme base like Krytonian or Oan one's ?
    • Like x 1
  14. Ughitsjaylon Level 30

smaller versions of the evil creepy trees from limbo town please :)
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

The more the Merrier lol
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

What if we got trees and grass which swayed to the wind. (Of course, all in sync.)
  17. Northernfire New Player

HI!
    I would love more flower types. Magnolia trees, Rose bushes, Lilac trees, weeping willows, Joshua trees, cactus, and some more mythical ones, like Blood vines that reach out at anyone nearby, glowing lotus flower that is a chi palnt. Pollen clouds, dandelion patches, fox-tails and more interactive items as well

Garden beautification items would be amazing as well, like water spouts, jumping water fountains, floor recessed pools, glass flooring and wall and cieling recessed boxes with different things in the glass
  18. Eve YouTuber

Could we have bushes in the shape of superheroes or emblems of superheroes? like a Superman shaped bush. Idk why but it would be cute. lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you know that big tree in the House of Legends' Living Quarters? that. I'd like that for me League Hall, thankins please & very thankyou.
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm not entirely sure how cool Superman bushes would look, but, unlikely though I am to use it myself, I can totally see Bat-Topiary being a big winner. maybe. . .you buy a Bat-Topiary pack, you get several different themed bushes & trees & flower beds, & an Alfred npc flittering about tending to them? that'd be cool.

alright, look, I just want me own butler!!!
    • Like x 1