What do you prefer? Legends PVP or Arena PVP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nebula153, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Nebula153 Well-Known Player

Personally, I prefer Legends PVP. I've always loved it since I started playing the game, and I find that it is much more fun than the competitive environment in Arenas. I also love how it lets you play as characters that you would have never thought would be playable in a game, ever. But this is all my opinion of course and I look forward to hearing others, so, what do you prefer?
    • Like x 1
  2. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Ew legends.......
    • Like x 2
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Legends, all day every day
    • Like x 7
  4. Avian Dedicated Player

Legends for me. I hate to use my own soders in arena pvp...
    • Like x 1
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Arena. I didn't work so long on my character just to play as someone else.
    • Like x 10
  6. Brice Allen Loyal Player

^^
    Even when I was big into Legends I still preferred Arenas over Legends.
    • Like x 2
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Arenas for sure, The greater depth and options in arenas are great. If I could change one thing about arenas it'd actually be to take the progression out, so it's not really a feeling of "i built it up, i'm gonna play it" to me. It's just the fact that each person's setup is different. You have weapon/powerset, and then within that powerset you have a ton of options as well. Just more depth and options.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jake IX New Player

Honestly, i like legends because it's more flexible to pugging. In Arenas, you usually need a healer/premade in order to win. In legends, it's basically all dps.
    • Like x 2
  9. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Before they changed the marks I rarely did legends, mainly because I don't find it fun, as well the constant revolving door of which toon is OP at the moment really makes it a joke. Now since I'll get a decent amount of marks I still do it rarely for the same reasons. There are only 3-4 maps I'll do if they aten't in the rotation then I don't do legends.

As far as arenas go there are also only a handful of maps I find enjoyable, due to the severe limitation on choices if there are no maps I like I just won't do PvP, which is annoying since that is what I did for most of the 1st 1.5yrs of the game, with every "Improvement" my PvP time gets less.
  10. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Legends for me. As much as I love my toon legends has more balance and its just so freaking cool to get to be legends.
    • Like x 1
  11. Redscreen5 New Player

I use to run arena / open world PvP 24/7 but when the whole HOME TURF rubbish came out I fell off pre-made grouping and delved further into legends. For the most part I enjoyed it until certain updates started screwing up the CC aswell as other mechanics.

Given how its progressed, since then legends is now the most unbalanced it's ever been which really defeats the object of its purpose. I don't play any PvP full stop because of the mechanical issues and to add insult to injury they've gone and dashed it into PvE content.

The mechanics continue to remain destroyed and meanwhile we see imminent changes on community influenced nerfs (i.e. stupid ones) and even more additions that are of less priority (green aura). They are pumping newer content into the game without fixing older more prominent issues, I can't even fathom how bad that is.

I will congratulate the devs on the 60 FPS changes they made. It was really necessary to establish the hyperbole "next generation" prophecies. However aside that and synthetic mod's its the only positive imo they've made all year (2013).

Until they sort out the CC, broken window timing and in combat mechanics (basically the core gameplay of this game) I will always have a skeptical view no matter what DLC / Armory / Aura is released.
    • Like x 2
  12. Redscreen5 New Player

Beast Sig
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Thanks! :D

However this isn't true, no one is as bad as old steel and even current TF can only edge out pre-final nerf steel when in TF domination. If TF gets fixed, it'll be the most balanced it's ever been.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Then they'll just need to fix the CC issues and the vulnerability windows....

But apparently not till they're done adding a bunch of stuff to weapon attacks. Building on top of a broken foundation is fine right?
    • Like x 2
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm only starting to get good enough gear to play competitively in Arena's. So for right now it is still Legends for me. I don't think once I suddenly have fully modded top tier PvP gear I will suddenly dislike legends though.
  16. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

You'll go back! As soon as you have to pug PvP and you get 4 DPS you'll miss the balance of legends. Plus its freaking batman! Batman!!!
  17. Circe New Player

Legends by far.
  18. Caleus New Player

Arenas. I enjoy the challenge of being undergeared compared to other players far more geared than myself.
  19. stl4now Well-Known Player

Legends. I can be a fresh level 30 and be on somewhat equal footing with everyone else. Fresh level 30 in arenas? I still remember how much it hurt afterwards.
  20. DaiKaiJu New Player

Legends has the a certain balance, just that not all of it is completely correct.

Two-Face = 2, while others = 1.

For me though, it is definitely legends that will get my vote.
    Even when I get the PVP gear, I get the strong feeling that legends will be the way to play for me. I enjoy playing my character in the open world of PVP and PVE, not just in in the arena, but when I want to play against others, I'll play Legends since there are different characters to choose from.

Some character that still need some fixing, but other than that I'm just happy.