What DC can learn from Destiny PVP-wise

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Echephyle, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

Level sync for all players and no separate pve vs pvp gear.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed pvp so much.

I was level 6 and owning level 20+'s since it's a level playing field. Winning is about skill and not gear.

There is gear that only drops in pvp, but gear is gear in this game, not seoarated into pve or pvp gear.

Dcuo 2 should do this when they make it. No more toughness. Make defense work for both pve and pvp.

Pvp gear should be useable in pve.

Rant over
    • Like x 4
  2. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Calling funhouse.
    • Like x 2
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I've actually heard a lot of really bad stuff about destiny's PvP, not to mention it hasn't been reviewed very well either considering the hype.
    • Like x 3
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I tried pvp in the beta of Destiny and I am not sure it worked that way. I am not a pvp type of person so I was getting one shot but players with MUCH better gear when on Beta. I do not plan on doing the pvp in Destiny now...just not my style.

Not sure what the point would be if you were always at a level playing field. Isn't the point of any game to destroy the opponet...if you are always on a level playing field regardless of gear why would anyone bother with it.

Maybe I read your post wrong
  5. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I like destiny pvp, but dcuo pvp is more fun. In destiny, the hunter class with blade dancer subclass is like Circe. In a world where dc is more balanced, I'd say maybe don't mess with it. Plus, with the gear being separate, it makes you play both pve and pvp to be geared out. In destiny, it's only been a week and I've already mastered my subclass and am losing interest. It's almost time to come back to the better pvp on dc. This is just my opinion, so you are welcome to disagree.
    • Like x 2
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You could do this with literally any game.

"What Mario can learn from Altered beasts."

"What Call of Duty can learn from battletoads"

"What GTA can learn from Watchdogs"
    • Like x 5
  7. Echephyle New Player

You play pvp because you enjoy it. Rememer the days when checkmate was out and lesser geared players had no chance? You'd do your strongest rotation and only take away 10% of their health. A level playing field makes it more fun and less of a guaranteed win for the veterans
    • Like x 1
  8. ReemX New Player

thats why legends exist (among other reasons im sure)
    • Like x 3
  9. Eminence Dedicated Player

THIS
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I wonder when the bladedancers are getting nerfed in Destiny, so OP atm.

Has the infinite ammo exploit made its way to PvP yet?
    • Like x 1
  11. Clip New Player

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dc-universe-online

And still you enjoyed dcuo all the time ;)
    Just saying. I mean CoD ghost had great reviews overall but was it a fun game? ^^
  12. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

DCUO is only rated two points lower than destiny on metacritic (75 to 77) on the next gen release despite it being years older and not having anywhere close to the budget destiny had. It's not exactly a fair comparison.
    • Like x 1
  13. Spacedude2 New Player

I complained about this about a year and a half ago when I started playing DCUO. Looks like advice taken. Other than that, I could never play a first person shooter pvp since I don't get to see my whole character in action. I plan on sticking with DCUO.
  14. realTREDD New Player

I havent herd much good about destinys pvp.
    i disagree with pvp gear being used in pve instances as well/.
  15. Clutch_GT New Player

My god i have a special kind of hatred for blade dancer... if they have that gold helm that gives them health regen on top of it's 1 hit knife kill makes them an issue to deal with if you don't have a SC or Launcher to deal with them.
    • Like x 1
  16. Clutch_GT New Player

It's not balanced at all I know it just came out but there's alot of OMGWTF moments with all the class/subclasses. Hunters are just flat out overpowered as all hell. It's basically Circe's Blink ability (but spammable) 1 hit knife kill with the commando range from CoD, it's subclass Blade Dancer is insane you can close the gap on someone extremely fast with a damage reduction if you manage to get the gold helm for the subclass you get health regen for every kill with the SC active. If you're not a melee guy you can 1 hit anyone from range with the golden gun >_> don't get me wrong it's fun to play but for competitive FPS experience I would say pass on Destiny's PvP.
  17. Clip New Player

What i mean is dont put too much weight in reviews these days.
  18. savageprime New Player

Though I disagree with the OP comparison of dcuo pvp vs destiny pvp as thry are completely different in terms of goals and gameplay I do agree that a page from the destiny pvp book can be added to dcuo. A mode wherr level advantages are disabled (sp as well of course) and just allow flat stats based on role and your own power point spec. So if you que in as a troll you will not have 2k precisikn with 27xx vit. You a troll than you get flat vit stat and same with dps and tank and healer. Granted it would not replace our current system but rather a separate game mode to play. Just thoughts. ....

As far as destiny I love it's pvp except for the extremely over powered shotgun thats wrecking everyone even when your in a sc form that needs to be fixed asap but other than that its nice imo. If I had to choose I would still decide on dcuo pvp cause its way more team oriented (minus its current state) and is a new dynamic of fighting that I have never experienced personally in any other game this way.
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

To add to that: I'd say if you disable SP limit it to innates being disabled.
  20. chubbychase New Player

So when are we bringing on the kitties?