What controller powers can be great at controlling and dps in all aspects?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rokudou6, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Rokudou6 New Player

Hello everyone I’m coming back to dcuo, from a long time and I’m wanted to ask how Is the state of the controllers powers, when I was playing before I was a hard light controller using no weapon controller technique from the Battery’s guide and the clipping dps of Omar. Before coming back I did a few studies with obsidian chill videos and forum, but I wanted to ask since there’s not much discussion recently. I wanted to know which controllers are really good in Controller stance and dps, I have seen that Gadget is a great controller and fantastic dps in Might aoe and st as well precision aoe and st; but what about how good is Hard light controller and their dps in might and prec is and how good is good munitions controller and their dps in might and prec in all aspect? I’m sorry that I’m asking too many question is that I’m a main controller but I want to have the advantage of a controller and a great dps that can be adaptive to might and precision and have advantages in different situations? Any advice, strategies, tactics, experience, and opinion is greatly appreciated, please and thank you.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

All troll powers are pretty good actually. Gadgets is ahead of them all as usual. I like quantum, both for might and prec. Thou some people struggle with it. Mental is in the same boat as quantum however it is very power hungry and has to be closer to do max damage. HL is probably the worst of the troll powers and is very slow compared to what you are used to if you quit pre gu36. But it can still hold up if you know what you are doing. And similar to gadgets but not to the same degree, munitions is very strong too.
    • Like x 1
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the first thing to get used to is that precision no longer affects powers, only weapons as a primary stat for damage. if you don't plan to start using a weapon, precision as a stat will be pretty useless for the most part. as deity expressed: gadgets, hardlight, and quantum are top of the heap for now; with hardlight being an excellently rounded battle troller both for bosses and mobs as the overall functioning of it's powers haven't changed much at all if any minus being precision based and now might based. if i had to rate them based on dps to troller balance i'd go hardlight (excels at both)>gadgets(almost ties with hardlight for first place and it's second place placement is almost arbitrary)>quantum (flying colors for controlling cc and POT, but some what weak on the dps offensive front), munitions(good dps but trolling and cc wise it lacks the efficiency and ease of hardlight/gadgets or quantum).
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokudou6 New Player

Thank you so much for your detailed information. Yes I did quit before gu 36, I will try out gadget controlling again since I try it when shady milkman created his guide, but is hard light is a difficult in the dps section is it more precise because of the combos in st or aoe situations.
  5. Rokudou6 New Player

Thank you for the explanation you have given me but may i ask what does Hard light excels in the dps in the regular content or elite for st and aoe and as well does the construct combos gives more power back to urself and the supercharge generator that is equal or better than gadgets.
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

super charge generators are all about the same in everything, they all recharge at about the same rate dependent upon what artifacts are used as some will change super charge generation like soul cloak. hard light does both single target and mob aoe fairly well in that it has strong and effective aoe abilities like chompers, spikequake, whip thrash, ram etc; while also having strong boss burst damage/debuff abilities as well as the adequate shields/self and or group heals to use them. some examples: chain saw, light claws, grasping hand, snap trap, etc. the later group works well on a single target doing burst or dot damage and debuffing, perfect for bosses and minibosses, and the first group is good for aoe and crowd control. hardlight has it's own power back and heal abilities in restore, triage, recharge (effects group by buffing weapon damage and releasing power over time). it's a very utilitarian power set, one which can perform several functions with a properly setup loadout.