What are your expectations for the Superman event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Apr 7, 2018.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Too late to implement any of this now, but I was thinking about what open world missions would look like. From the comics story, Doomsday walked an unstoppable path of destruction through Metro to the Daily Planet; so I would say the open world would look like a devastated region full of rubble (with a large area encased in a forcefield dome in a feeble attempt to keep Doomsday from coming back during rescue operations.

Missions would include standard fare like rescuing civilians, stopping looters, etc; but I did think of one more thing that would be interesting - a mission to find the knocked out iconics and tag them for transport to medical attention. They could scatter almost every iconic in the game throughout the area turning it into a big hunt. Some we find out in the open; some buried in rubble we would have to destroy to find them. It would be something we haven’t seen before on that scale; and it would drive home that we’re some of the last super characters still standing.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dene Devoted Player

This sounds epic! Sadly I doubt it is like this

and to add to this.. it could be a thing where doomsday is always around.. kinda like a bounty but unstoppable and is certain death if you are close to him - adds to the suspense of being in open world (kinda like cerberus.. easily avoided but one wrong turn and bam!)
    • Like x 3
  3. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Play as a dev copy of OP Lorax or Shark Dental. Oner uns arond yelling loose bits of intel while the other tries to catch him and glue his lips closed.

And maybe some Kptonian styles and base items that DON'T have the house of El thing on them.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This sounds great, but what interests me is who is gluing whose mouth shut...
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Like when you run the Metro Hospital missions leveling a new sub-level 30 character, minding your own business and suddenly you notice that last add you attacked wasn't a security guard but instead Bizarro...

"Run away! Run away! Run away!"

Gotta love whoever decided on where to put some of the open world bounties.
    • Like x 2
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

My only real expectation is complaints from folks who didn't manage their own expectations. LOL
    • Like x 3
  8. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Would be very cool to have imortal doomsday moving around metropolis and throwing stuff like Clownsanity. The only wait to be able to attack him and survive would be if u collecting all the enchanted and that would give us a title and a weekly quest. Saddly We can only dream about it;_;
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Superman celebration will roll out in stages over the next several months. We will be sharing details pretty soon.
    • Like x 15
  10. Eve YouTuber

Made my day!!! :D
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

My only expectations for the DoS event are that

A) it will be interesting to play through, and
    B) it will be a nice change of pace from attempting to grind renown for the elite Mera style :)
  13. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Based on Mepps comments in this thread: Low expectations.

In essence it sounds as though its piece milled together, perhaps some pieces are not even close to ready yet for release, instead of a cohesive story being released all at one time that could be played, it sounds like its going to be released almost like a monthly episode for the next several months, with only an instance or two available at any one time...

While I commend them for the effort and change of pace with this story arc, I honestly think on the forefront it may be the last content I play in DCUO due to just how underwhelming current content really is.

And no, none of you can have my stuff.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ully Committed Player

I really hope the upcoming content is fresh, exciting and new. However, at this point in the game, I've dulled my expectations and instead, I just make lists on what I don't want to see. I don't want to see reused mechanics. I don't want to see rare items that are tied to ridiculous RNG, when said content is temporary. In this case, I don't want to see Deluge gear being inferior to the upcoming Superman event gear. I don't want lengthy solo content and I definitely don't want any OP items tied to this temporary event.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jokers Falcon Level 30

I hope after "The 400" they chill with the time capsuls
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I agree after getting an event from last year turned into the new episode (with only a solo and a raid added) I had high hopes for the Superman stuff but it's seems like Superman is getting let down again.
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I would bet my life you would be disappointed with this one. Gear is the overwhelming choice of DEVs for any meaningful progression, and it forces play in terms of replay badge use... especially in instances that are limited in scope of availability of play time.
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

This sounds more like base items, styles and seasonal-difficulty alerts than substantial endgame content. I hope I’m wrong.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ully Committed Player

I'll be extremely disappointed and annoyed as hell if the upcoming gear is better than Deluge gear . Not only does it trivialise the gains that players have made through grinding and money spent ( replays) but in my opinion, its in poor taste to release superior gear in such a short time and not inform the player base, that the better gear is only a month away.
    • Like x 1