What are your expectations for the Superman event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Apr 7, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am just glad they tossed new 52 in the "irrelevant other dimension curiosity" corner...
    • Like x 2
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Don't think so, the files may already be on test (i don't think the spring event is enough for 300mb), but i doubt it was supposed to be in there without a reveal or teasers.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

I really don't expect much at all at this point. People tried to defend an actual EPISODE being lackluster with "but but a superman event/episode/celebration/whatever/whocares will come in april!1one!" but it could just be some event-like content with event-like difficulty that more than likely will be re hashed. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by it, we'll see. I'd be shocked if they managed to put more new (and interesting) content in that "celebration" than what we just got which was actually deemed an Episode.

The next actual episode is what I want to know more about, whenever that will be. That's the next thing worth having some type of expectations for as far as new content goes and all.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For the most part, I agree with you. They changed a lot of Wonder Woman and Aquaman characters were changed almost completely beyond recognition. Ocean Master was actually improved in a lot of ways, he gained a lot of depth (pun not intended) but lost a lot of his enmity with his brother, which just didn’t feel right. But now they’ve combined the two, in DCUO at least, and I think it’s awesome.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yesterday wasn’t just for putting the Spring Seasonal up on test. They’ve already stated the Spring Seasonal goes live May 1, and it doesn’t need over three weeks of testing.

As for reveal livestreams or forum announcements, they have done those sorts of things with little to no warning; and their roll out can be delayed too even if never announced.
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I expect it to be an event this year and turned into a episode next year.
    • Like x 2
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

An open world area with missions where you hold circle on things you kill, having to kill 350 enemies for 8 marks etc
    • Like x 3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

My hopes and expectations mirror yours to the point that I wonder if you're living in my head. ;)

Might be hard to swallow the destruction of Coast City, though. Of course, that would set up Emerald Twilight next, followed by Knightfall, Biker Jacket Wonder Woman and would conclude with Zero Hour. Might be fun :D
    • Like x 1
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

What if each Superman was it's own iconic. And you had to go through a lot of the game to find them all.

Not just open world, but also various pieces of content. Like we had to find Ambush Bug in order to get a feat.

For your time you get a three star Feat and a box with one of each of Superman's Chest styles.
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Exactly what Im expecting.
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Now is the Superman Event supposed to be reoccuring or a one time deal?
  12. Dene Devoted Player

If it stays an event, they would have to repeat it every year (most prob April) - because of feats that people do not complete, also any work they put in to release it would be a waste to just have as a 1 off

They may go the Starro route - event this year and DLC next year..
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wouldn't be surprised, or very short time on test. With these kinds of things they sometimes don't like to spoil the surprise. Otherwise people see what's on test and are like, "that's it? Unsubbing..."
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Ooh, Zero Hour. Of course, a lot of players probably wouldn't like watching Hal Jordan go insane and kill every living thing everywhere. On the bright side, no one ever really liked those little Oan manipulators anyway.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

a look into my crystal ball shows me a city, a well known city, yet never touched upon...
    i see bottles, lots of bottles disapeared and removed and new freedom gained on streets-
    OMGoodness! i guess it is south gotham totally unbottled in the normal openworld gotham!
    i see doomstay, taller than ever before, now fighting with over hundrets of villains n heroes...
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

ooh, what a wonderful world....
    • Like x 1
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Oh, I also think we're getting new Artifacts too. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess a second one for tank role would be nice.
    not sure about weapon artifact, there are two now:
    one thats awesome (sparing target AI counter buff)
    and one that is rather lame (coq of armagheddon)
  19. Eve YouTuber

New models. (Supergirl, Louis Lane, Doomsday). And hopefully really cool Kryptonian base items.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I expect an instance in the same circular shaped room used for the Christmas Event, The Science Spire, The Stabilizer Event et cetera.

[IMG]