What are your expectations for the Superman event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Apr 7, 2018.

1. TestReporter Loyal Player

Good? Bad? No idea?
    My expectations are: A lot of pew pew, Superman emblems and Kryptonian styles, a lot of new feats to try keeping people busy and resetting it.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Bunch of easy content with a lot of style rewards.
    • Like x 15
  3. Coelha Well-Known Player

A boring small new raid agains't doomsday, where superman dies. A boring open world metropolis with star labs helping heroes and lex corp helping villains agains't a boring doomsday bounty and some boring doomsday related dailies. A boring solo or a boring duo (maybe a boring alert?) with other kryptonians because superman is dead.

Cool new styles like a kryptonian symbol or lobo gear or some kind of doomsday or zod gear to make people actually play the boring event and spend money on it. New time capsules with a heat vision orbital because the model is already in-game and more boring kryptonian styles.

A lot of people thanking the devs for new content when the new episode had only 2 new pieces of content to give us this event, when they could actually be making something else that takes less resources like a new SM, letting them spend the free time on the DELUGE episode to make it longer, with more daily things to do.
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I expect Superman to die and than come back.
    • Like x 7
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What I would like is a staggered launch as though the full story is being told in real time. First week trying to stop Doomsday; second or third week Death of Superman; third or fourth week funeral and rememberance (probably gifts); fourth or fifth week starts the Rise of the Supermen; ending up with the Return of Superman defeating Hank Henshaw; lastly more celebration with gifts. This could be accomplished through a total of 4 to 5 instances of different types (open world, alert, solo, duo, raid).

What I expect is some open world with an unbottled slice of downtown Metro; an alert in unbottled Metro dealing with the death of Superman (we’re supposed to lose anyway so it doesn’t need to be an 8 man); and one raid set in the existing devastated coast city map wrapping things up with the Return of Superman featuring some new skins to make Cyborg Superman and maybe Eradicator (doubt we’ll get sprite size Superboy). It will probably be released all at once and just ground out like a long seasonal.

To sum up - I’m expecting something like the Anti-Monitor Anniversary seasonal as a model with that one addition of an alert in there.
    • Like x 3
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm not expecting much new content actually. Instead, I surmise it will be more like, be a subscriber during week 1 to recieve this shiny statue, week 2 this emblem, etc., etc. with a big superman-related sale during week 4, etc. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm keeping my expectations low. That way whatever they give us will impress me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

In the dev team:

"How did TheLorax find out about our story arc?!"

"I don't know; we must have a leak somewhere!"

"Well, let's go over everyone's NDA's again to make sure!"

"TheLorax, please refrain from continuing to diseminate whatever confidential game information you have in your possession. In exchange, we will reward you with a kryptonite aura for each of your characters, and a unique feat and title, 'The Spy.'"
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Deluge has been keeping me busy all on its own so hope it’s not loads of content :S
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I guess I shouldn't bring up Doomsday style or torn up Superman cape either, wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!
    • Like x 1
  10. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

new emblems
    new styles
    new gear mods
    new capsules
    new feats
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

the last part of the smallville instance as event version.
    basicly a copy and paste of the fight against doomsday.
    maybe in metropolis. nothing more. styles. in a new TC.
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is anyone else worried that it’s not been on test yet and it’s meant to come out soon? Is it just going to go straight to live?
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

way to celebrate his birthday with supermans death...
    well, if he gets resurrected at the same day aswell,
    then his birthday is his deathday and also rebirthday...
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, we can expect more effort put into the capsule and the styles then what's put into the actual content.

(Although I have to give the environment team some props, because spindrift is beautiful)
    • Like x 7
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can’t believe we just got it and it’s been destroyed! I’m gonna turn that Corum Rath INTO FISH FINGERS! :mad:
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m thinking the intention was to put it on test yesterday, but something went wrong and now it’s delayed to Monday.

April 18 is the Superman Anniversary date, so that should be their target date. Doesn’t mean they’ll make that date, though (especially if there would only be nine days of testing involved at best).
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There seems to be so much loose/rogue code on the live servers, that stuff seems to break regardless of how long it’s been on test, so I’m not even sure why I care at this point. Something will be broken either way. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Screw corum wrath, ocean master is the MVP! Have you seen the villain version of the cut scenes? RIP Mera
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I’ve tried to keep at least one villain up for that very purpose :) I really love the new Ocean Master, he’s an awesome blend of both his pre and post flashpoint characterisations. (You might already know this, but Ocean Master was changed radically for the new 52.)
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

i hope they will bring it on test server.
    i like to test stuff with ppl from here ^^