What are your expectations for the suicide squad episode?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Maybe a shark skin would be cool. Like the cheetah and lion skins.
    • Like x 1
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since there is a Suicide squad game in dev from a different studio, i'd say its unlikely the upcoming ep is based around that theme due to conflict of interest.

On the other hand, half of the stuff shown in the trailer are already existing assets in the game. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not convinced there will be one, so soon after BoP?
  4. Controller Devoted Player

Hopefully ANOTHER ELITE DUO.....I hope they keep these going forward.
    • Like x 1
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes. All the fun, and some of the Renown, whilst still allowing you to shout "LUNGE BOT" every 2 minutes :).

It's quite cathartic.
    • Like x 3
  6. Vella Well-Known Player

Every episode is a Suicide Squad episode if you're a villian.
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Given the recent Time Capsule announcement, I would argue the odds of the next episode being Suicide Squad is less than before.

Probably a Kryptonian themed episode and we may even meet Perpetua finally.
    • Like x 1
  8. Blight KOBRA Commander

I'd be happy just to get a Suicide Squad themed episode in the first place.

I also agree with the others that it should be villain-centered, hopefully with the introduction of Belle Reeve prison, and maybe even (fingers crossed) includes the appearance of the Secret Six as well.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What, exactly, is the "conflict of interest"? Where is it law that the Suicide Squad can't be seen in two comics or two games?

According to this logic, we shouldn't have Batman content because of all the Arkham games. WTF?
    • Like x 1
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure how corporations decide those things, but apparently BvS stuff got removed from the game and the superman emblem and supergirl legend char too...

Although its slightly different in that case, there might be some issues regarding the story maybe?
    Imagine both games have a very similar story or exactly the same story.

Would be kind of awkward.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As the TCs are generally somewhat tied to the content of the DLC immediately before or after it's release (generally after), I'd say you are closer with it being Kryptonian than SS. Might also be some of the reasoning behind last week's DOS spotlight, get us in a Supes kind of mindset.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Think about it, every time capsule style has been in the following episode in recent years.

Lady Blackhawk style - we get Lady Blackhawk in Phoenix Cannon raid
    Batman Who Laughs style - we get Batman Who Laughs in Metal episodes
    Oracle style - we fight Oracle in Clock Tower
    Queen Diana style - we get Queen Diana in Wonderverse
    Flashpoint Batman style - we get Flashpoint Batman in WOFP

The Dark Raven style is the only style where we didn't really see the NPC with her wings in Legion.

We will probably meet an alternate/enhanced Kryptonian in the next episode, and with the Sixth Dimension we will likely meet Perpetua too. Maybe Mister Mxyzptlk will make an appearance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I would possibly assume that with the new time cap, we will see a episode related to the 6th dimension, and possibly the start to death metal
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, which very few people can get because you have to have a PVP CR of 100 to be able to buy it!

So, easy fix, they should do what they've JUST done with the Engineer Style Set, and make it the gear that drops/comes from Reward Boxes in the Content. That way EVERYONE can get this style! I've been needing certain pieces of that set for YEARS!!!

Other than that, my only expectation would be to see a bunch of super-obscure DC Comics characters that even I have never heard of, just like in the new movie! ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

I've learned long ago to keep the expectations low. I highly advise the rest of you do the same -_-
    • Like x 1
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

As long as there's a Prison Break type feat where you have to evade the notice of guards. If it's an Elite Duo or even better an Elite Solo thing
    • Like x 1
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Also Deadshot is one of the few DC Iconics not in DCUO yet. He's due for an appearance.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was agreeing with you. No need to sell me on the idea.:p

It's Friday....please don't ask me to 'think' about anything other than making myself a Long Island. Cheers.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Right now the villains are forced to save the world every dlc or mepps will blow us up lol
    • Like x 2
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

IIRC The BvS emblem was removed practically on release, and then re-added later? There are a million reasons for that to happen, so I'm not going to speculate.

The Superman Emblem got removed because it was a time-limited licence.

I have no idea about the Supergirl thing. Or Grodd.

There's no real reason why two properties licenced by the same company couldn't be identical, as long as they aren't competing for the same space (in this case, the same customers).