What are you listening to now?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DrNooB, Feb 18, 2013.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

2. NIckNock Well-Known Player

^ the young woman in the audience is Auntie to the Great birds@play
    quack quack< dats a duck derp
  3. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Wonder Woman took a brief hiatus back in 1986 the same time Booster Gold landed on Earth. Diana Prince and Michael Carter met in "spoiler alert"

1961 due to a worm-hole...

Oh how we would so much to love to know...derp Does the cat represent a symbol of a love long lost? Is the dancer a trigger for Diana? stay tune for the next exciting installment of WW in the wonderverse @ wecreateicons.com

Is the cat a 25th Centrury flashback to Booster Gold too? Discover more on Gotham 25th .5 Century Double D Duck Dodgers quack quack..

i wuv listening to a gud duet howboutU }
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

5. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

6. Eve YouTuber

7. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

8. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

9. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Before some of you whippersnappers were born, 30 years ago today, I was somewhere within this throng.

[IMG]

[IMG]

This was a highlight for me, as I'd never seen either of them before this (although I did see them 5 years later when they officially reunited and went on tour. I thought I'd enjoy the show, but it was even better than I'd expected). AFAIK it was their first time playing together in a long time too.

Take note of the legendary Leland Sklar on bass. If you youtube James Taylor singing "Whenever I See Your Grouchy Face" with Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street in the 70s, there he is in the band. When you hear the bass in the "Man of Steel" soundtrack, well, that's him too.
    Chester Thompson also killing it on the drums.

I didn't know it at the time, but this was one of the very few times original vocalist Clare Torry played "Great Gig in the Sky" live. Alls I knew was that I was seeing a fantastic performance.

As luck would have it, the day before I saw in the London paper that Little Feat was playing at the Hammersmith Odeon, so the day before the epic show, we got to see another great show at a classic venue. Acoustically fantastic...and they had a wall-to-wall bar. (I drank like a fish that whole trip. Not just in England, but the month after travelling through Europe. The dirty Tequila Slammers on the Greek Isles were particularly harsh. Despite our hard-partying evenings, though, we still managed to do fun things during the day, like renting mopeds and travelling to a valley of Blue Butterflies.)

[IMG]

The next day we left our hotel at 6am, and arrived back after the show at 4am.
    It rained on and off all day and it just didn't matter.
    The entire line-up was:

Tears for Fears did a set.
    Status Quo did a set.
    Cliff Richards & the Shadows did a set.
    Robert Plant did a set and Jimmie Page came to join him for a few songs.
    Phil Collins did a set, and then the entirety of Genesis came and joined him for a set.
    Eric Clapton did a set, who introduced Dire Straits and did a set with them, who then introduced Elton John and they did a set with him, to be concluded with a superjam of "Sunshine of Your Love".
    Paul McCartney did a rousing set. And yet a Beatle didn't close the show.
    Pink Floyd knocked our socks off and sent us home.

My only regret of the trip was not being able to join these Australians we hooked up with (who could drink me under the table) who were trying to convince us to go see Roger Waters perform "the Wall" with many guests at the actual tearing down of the Berlin Wall which happened that summer as well...but it messed with our schedule and our money. We did get to see it on TV on a live simulcast though, and it too was an epic show. Wish I was there.
    I met a lot of great people from all over the place during those travels.

Upon my return a month later, rather than going home, I went straight from the airport to go see Crosby, Stills & Nash in concert.

A summer that sticks in the memory.
    • Like x 1
  10. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  12. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

15. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

16. Eve YouTuber

17. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player