What are you listening to now?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DrNooB, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Controller Devoted Player

Grew up on Fleetwood Mac (and many other kinds of music) but COMPLETELY missed this classic...

Thank YOU Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II.
  2. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

It was like the opposite for me. "The Chain" was the Fleetwood Mac song that made one of my finest "Mix Tapes". (IIRC, it was followed by Eric Clapton's "I've got a Rock and Roll Heart". And on a side note, I sort of miss making mix tapes. There was a certain art to getting the flow just right and tailoring it to the person or occasion.)
    Also, "the Chain" is the only song on the album that's credited to all five members. It was truly a collaborative effort, as they all had pieces of the song which glued together with the collaboration; some with previously rejected material.

However, what was surprisingly new to me (I discovered these about five years ago or so and my jaw dropped in a "How have I never heard these before?" kind of way) were these which I'll just leave here for your perusal.

It was on the basis of these demos....

...that scored Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks this album...

...which Mick Fleetwood heard and immediately asked them to join Fleetwood Mac.

And I'm telling ya, man.
    There's gold in them there hills.
    • Like x 1
  3. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

5. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

And it will be paradise by the dashboard light.

6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

7. Eve YouTuber

8. Eve YouTuber

9. Controller Devoted Player

10. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Fell in love with her voice... was just some random YT suggestion a while ago... now I listen to it at least twice a day!
  11. Eve YouTuber

12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

13. Eve YouTuber

14. Controller Devoted Player

15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

17. Controller Devoted Player

18. Eve YouTuber

19. Eve YouTuber

20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player