What are you listening to now?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DrNooB, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

U LOSE KEK :D
    One of the best collaborations of passive aggressive rhythmic live performances ever to ensemble on video.
    Passive

Aggressive

Aftermath

2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

3. Controller Devoted Player

4. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  6. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I found out just recently that Ranking Roger passed away a few months ago at too young an age.

I used to love the Beat and General Public...and still do.

[IMG]

Man...I was just a puppy back then.

These go out to Roger, who ranked full stop.

• Like x 1
  7. NIckNock Well-Known Player

DEVIL'S PACT

BAD BAT'S SERENADE
    • Like x 2
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

9. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

...And these go out to Mac Rebennack, the Night Tripper, who sadly passed away earlier today.

Dr. John was one of the defining sounds of New Orleans.

I was lucky enough to see him a handful of times. Once locally at the ElMo. Once in one of the incarnations of Ringo Starr & his All-Star Band (I saw 3 different incarnations, and the All-Star Band was/is a rotating cast of great musicians from different classic bands; he was in the 1st incarnation, along with Joe Walsh, Nils Lofgren, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Clarence Clemons yadda yadda). Once opening for the Dead at a Mardi Gras show in Oakland, CA.

[IMG]

[IMG]

And the only time I've ever been in N'awlins for Mardi Gras back in '93, my friend and I went to a free concert at the Riverwalk...and I think the Neville Brothers played that night too? ...Honestly, I was so drunk from consuming a ridiculous amount of Hurricanes that I remember nothing about the actual performance. The only thing I remember from that evening is starting a Can-Can to his music, clasped arm-in-arm with the people next to me, which then everyone else joined in, on the lip of this fountain.

[IMG]

And I remember having a great evening and paying for it dearly the next morning.

He had oodles of style & class and he will be missed.
    Dig these chestnuts.

10. NIckNock Well-Known Player

11. Controller Devoted Player

12. Controller Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Interesting little ditty...
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Heh, never knew there was Live Action version before
  15. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

allow me to play you the song of my people....
    • Like x 1
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

20. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

" the illusion of Freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. at the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see a brick wall at the back of the theater." - Frank Zappa