What all will return?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Before this year's anniversary event ends, what all will return in future years? Obviously the vendor items will, but will any of the new missions, enemies, new raid, etc return in future years or are they just this year?
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also wish I could hear what Flash and Zoom are saying at the starts of each raid but Waller won't shut up -.-
  3. Eve YouTuber

All rewards should return next year. It's a seasonal and that's how It's always been. Old rewards + new ones the year after
    • Like x 3
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Do we have any sense of if the other stuff like the new missions, enemies, raids, etc will return, too?
  5. Eve YouTuber

Most likely. The reason we had new missions\raid was because of the 10th anniversary. Until we reach 20 I think it will be around the same missions as now.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We will have to wait till next year to find out. They won't start deciding on things until after Summer, so right now is too soon to ask any of those questions. If you have any suggestions, near the end of Summer is the best time to present it to them (since that's when they usually start doing work on that).
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Anniversary Event is a seasonal we've had it every year since 2017. The only time seasonal content never returned was the original Valentine's Day event from many years ago, all feats from that content are automatically granted to players that weren't here for that.
    There's no reason to not expect this year's Anniversary content to not return next year.
    • Like x 1
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

Everything will return. We'll be adding collections next time that got missed this time around in the various pieces of content and we'll adjust the Raid to feedback and datamining gathered this time around to make improvements to it. Add more feats, some drops maybe, cute little base pet of horned cerberus - who knows. There won't be a huge content addition like this year of course.
    • Like x 11
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Awesome! Thanks!
    Also find it really funny seeing one person reasonably figure it's probably early to ask these questions and it might not be settled yet and then immediately the answer lmao.
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Will the raid CR jump next year like it used to? Or will this be treated like all other Elite content where. as time passes, your CR can surpass it?
    • Like x 1
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

Bumped.
    • Like x 3
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That’s what I thought. It will be the only content in the game like that, and I believe it’s a bad direction. Progression (whether by grind or dollars) will be useless. You will spend the year working toward being no better than you are now.
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It happens. They have been more willing to answer these things earlier than usual...this was not always the case. I'll be the first to say I have ZERO problem being wrong in a case like this...because it works out for everyone. :) Also, big props to Charon and crew for all of the things we've been getting, including the increased interaction with you guys. It's a fantastic return to how things were and should be.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not a bad direction at all. It means we won't be trivializing the content as it rolls around. It means that there's a point to the gear we'll be working on towards the end of the year. I don't know....just not seeing a downside to this.
    • Like x 4
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m sure you don’t.

But the point of working on end of year gear will be to get to the same place you are now. No better.
    • Like x 2
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

That's every event since they changed it a few years back. Prior to that events became a joke as people would just about one shot the bosses before others even entered the room. I know you've been around for while so you have to remember what that was like. I get that this might feel a little different because it's an elite raid but personally I think it's an event and should behave like all events.
    • Like x 3
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What SFFe will be under this plan is Survival Mode-lite. There’s nothing wrong with that, but SM does not have progression tied to it.

Progression should beget progression. SM is a dead end street for bragging rights.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This is a disastrous choice. Please reconsider this approach or remove or auto-grant all SFFE feats.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why auto grant the feats when SFFE is returning next year's?
    • Like x 3
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think their reasoning is that since SFFE will always be a current CR raid, those who aren't good enough to get the feats will never get the feats.