What about BUFF Elite content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

Or a very recent post from Mepps himself where he mentions that they want to incorporate elements of said SM to current Elite content? Yes, that. Now what?
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK, good to know that's what you mean. I'll look for it. I'm pretty sure that was the same one where they stated that elite wouldn't be related to SM difficulty for the exact reason we're discussing.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

That statement makes no sense as that was exactly what they were looking to implement into Elite content. Elements of it, not the entire concept of SM, of course. If you do find that post, make sure to post it, as I don't remember the entire statement word for word.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I think there's a lot to be said here though about imbalances within the structure of the game that are fundamentally making the game too easy as well.

The destruction of the controller role as clearly evidenced within the OP's video, that should never be allowed and clearly shows far too much power regeneration happening with other roles and the imbalance created by artifacts without seemingly any consideration given to how they overall impact the game. They're just being thrust out there as a money maker and these artifacts are starting to heavily impact on how easy the content becomes as well.

The higher the level of artifact the more overpowered they become, the people more likely to have artifacts at higher levels are also the elite players who I guess aren't always wanting to acknowledge the difference these artifacts are making in terms of making the content 'easier'. numerous elite players don't even want to acknowledge the difference they make, they say they're not a factor which is something I'd assert as being entirely untrue.

Because the artifacts aren't being tested prior to their launch by the time people start to see the consequences of said artifact on balance it's too late and the damage is done.

I think if these issues were balanced first we'd have the game in a healthier position to even then start looking at overall balance of difficulty because the game would be functioning correctly and the real difficulty would become apparent.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is a point I've brought up on several cases aswell, especially in regards to Artifacts and how they now severely impact playstyles and performance. Like most cashgrabs and their "brilliant" ways of monetizing aspects for max revenue, Artifacts have now shown clear signs of going overboard. It will only get worse, probably to the point where another Revamp is needed lol.

To be fair, content in general, including Elite-content was in a state of "too easy" before the Artifacts was introduced and then later reaching an out of control-state, but still, it has in fact become an issue.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ringz Dedicated Player

There are many factors to why SM failed. Elite players wanting progression from it was not the case nor did that reason exist. It was stated pretty clearly from the devs that the rewards were cosmetics only and nothing game play tied related.

Carry on.
  7. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I would just make them 10,000 supers and keep troll supers at 5,000, giving them at least some sort of advantage/sense of importance. Not sure what the consequences of that would be though, but the Eye of Gemini with Scrap of the Soul Cloak would make 10,000 supercharge cost quite feasible without the spam for healers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dazz-252 Committed Player

To me, buffing Elite content in terms of different mechanics, is not a priority for the developers because it only satisfies a PORTION of the population. Not every player want's to play Elite content (for whatever reason)

So I don't believe they will go in that direction anytime soon.
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The problem is that elec's super is mitigating far more damage then it should, in healer stance and dps stance. No other shield super in the game can absorb 100k+ damage. It's broken. It's been reported, but when it'll be fixed? Who knows. I'm sure it'll be fixed around the same time Ire gets fixed :rolleyes: If it were fixed, you'd probably see fewer elec healers running around and also the Terra phase you're speaking of, would have been a lot more difficult.

It still wouldn't change the eye/soul cloak combo, but it wouldn't make people invincible as elec does atm. Although, we are seeing a trend of more attacks now bypassing shields. So maybe that's they're counter to the super meta game. /shrug
    • Like x 2
  10. Ully Committed Player

I've never seen Elite calibre players replay the first bosses because, if they did, than they wouldn't be "elite", just saying. Also, I'd hate to derail this thread but, I laughed at your list, because every single raid you mentioned with the exception of USe and maybe Hive E, was basically just a regular version raid with a death rally. Those "elite" raids were not difficult at all.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Agree 100% but, to be honest, I really doubt if they could complete raids as FOS 2 or DWFe with 4 players and without troll.
  12. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im glad you said it and not me, because I wasn't going to be nice lol.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

there should be a super extra elite version of the raids with a set of super extra elite gear only available to players who never bailed on an elite last boss. when you finish off the set of super extra elite gear you'll unlock a special title that flashes "Better Than Elite".

Its something only the bestest and most skilled players in this game can only even imagine.

i can only imagine the level of skill of such a player!

if you manage to complete the super extra elite version of the raid with a group of mental, quantum, sorcery and fire players you'll be awarded a special title that says "!@$ fotm".
    • Like x 2
  14. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I'd prefer them to return the controllers CC to where Dom was the determining factor, keep the adds and force us trolls to actually CC, in the mean while them healers still need to actually heal, due to the stun duration being capped off (no perma-stun but increase duration beyond 2 seconds based off Dom and not just the basic amount but the higher the Dom the greater the duration), 1 tank hold the boss the other the group of adds or other boss( both could split adds but having more than 2 enemies would require a whole lot of healing,stuns and damage),with some type of mechanic like Nexus that requires the team to to perform some type of group action, split shield, close portals, guard console or whatever.

Would be difficult for pugs, trolls that don't know how to CC, groups that want the tank to control, imbalanced groups, and none experienced players.

With the right balance the runs can be tough, don't need excessive health with the NPC's, the damage does need to be heavy though.
    • Like x 1
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

A raid named "elite", it is just my opinion and I can be wrong about it, is supposed to be completed with 8 players and is supposed to be completed with all roles in action. There is a "pattern" behind it, otherwise let's name as "expert" or do something in terms of mechanics or gameplay itself (power regen, shields, etc) because there is simply no way to try to form a group without some role and there is no way to enter in a raid without 8 players in queue.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Man it took forever to find that, lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yet, groups were focusing primarily on one of two each time. That was my point.

Not all groups, of course. I can't speak for leagues, because they don't form using LFG. But those forming in LFG always spammed TTBe instead of SSe, OLYe instead of GOMe, JFAe instead of USe, etc.

That was my point. Again, not you personally.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Go ahead. It's good to hear everyone's point of view. In the end, it's all feedback for the devs to consider.

Did you notice LFG having a large amount of elite groups forming for both raids each time?
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So, here you're talking about "elite caliber" players. I am talking about the amount of groups playing elite as a whole, who I imagine the devs are targeting with elite content.

When you say "elite caliber," are you talking about the majority of elite groups running the content, or a small portion of those groups? Just for clarification. I mean, I totally understand that you probably only run with the same group of friends/leaguemates, so you may not be able to answer this question.
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

So there you go.