What about BUFF Elite content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

Speaking for myself I have argued that gear progression and content difficulty goes hand in hand, so no dishonesty about that here atleast. They do go in hand for a very good reason because why else would there be any point in an enhanced grind with potentionally more difficult content to go through while progressing through said grind, if the rewards would be the same in a much easier, Normal game mode?

Of course I agree that everybody should be honest in regards to that, I don't necessarily think that a lot of players directly lie or try to be dishonest about that either, but some players like to skew this point around to make a "need to feel superior"-case the tired out "gosh darn elitist"-stereotype. It sometimes gets misleading and at times feels like an excuse used by players that they themselves are feeling entitled to rewards that they don't want to put additional effort into getting.

There's several reasons SM crashed and burned, one of them is that we know from developers that they deemed it unecessary to continue using resources for, for several debatable reasons. SM also suffered the same fate as current Elite content, it went from actually being difficult to being dumbed down to fit the majority of the playerbase of which it wasn't originally intended for.

But yes, a lot of players also felt that it lacked in rewards, although I personally thought that bragging rights through cosmetics worked in an environment such as SM atleast for the first few rotations until it got too over used and repetitive as you yourself said it, especially with the way it was handled in the end by CR differential.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

In terms of styles and barbie dress up haha, I'm a stylefreak myself and I would not necessarily be against making the Elite and OP item-STYLES available for purchase for a hefty sum of marks through the style vendor or possibly the related DLC vendor for DLC marks. The stats and CR are still only tied to the actual gear by grinding the Elite content.

But also, if somebody really wants something that is available through playing X content, they can rise to the occation and play X content to get what they so wishfully want. When this becomes a problem to me is when players actually want things nerfed and adjusted to their level because THEY want the rewards but do not want to rise to the task and go through the same grind that others did in order the get said rewards.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I don't necessarily disagree, I think some do it on purpose lol, there's certainly some that fit that stereotype ahah, but yeah I think most just don't really articulate their position very well and come across as elitist when they're really not.

Yeah I agree with you that the player should rise to the challenge to beat the content, for sure. I'm just thinking of ways to try and alleviate the pressure in terms of what's going on with the business model. It's the reason why I see the elite content personally being diluted and that leads to me the conclusions as to how you alleviate some of the reward pressure so that we can get rid of that objection this allowing us to make the content harder, so we can get rid of that 'segment of the community" holding it back because they want shiny Rath armor :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

While I initally agree it's also the same case on the other side of the coin in regards to this. Some players just can't handle that some others are able to get their hands on stuff that they can't or won't put the same effort into getting.

You won't get rid of that segment, because some players will always feel entitled, it's just something the devs need to put their foot down about and something that some players just have to face.

You do the grind and earn the rewards or you simply abandon that particular grind, because as mentioned and discussed earlier, that particular crowd has a category of content and rewards meant for them and nothing but themselves are ultimately stopping them from climbing further if they so wish.
    • Like x 1
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Yepp and 4mans are technically easier at least for the healer (when ppl know their role and the raid) cause it puts less stress on coordinating heals and the 4man heal is always a hit. Speaking out of 4man raid experience from the past.

No, heals dont have the shield damage mitigation numbers. A heal heals what is there effective, a shield "heals" only when damage hits the shielded player. It can literally heal between 0 and 100% (at zero I would kick the healer though ^^). Therefore, shields mitigation numbers are set higher that is the reason behind.

They could lower the mitigation but extend the duration.

And about the troll role issue: Yeah ... thank the artifact imbalance and still people begging for a 4th slot lol
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My OCD demands four slots to match the utility belt slots, sorry :p
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

It bugs me and make me laugh at the same time at just how clueless some players are to the ramifications of potentially being able to carry most if not all of their artifacts in every build at any given time. Although some players are also, actually fully aware of just how "OP" it would make them/their group by having this, while not caring too much about the further imbalances it would cause.

If the Artifacts continue within its current trend, it sadly could't be long before we have both a 4th slot and rank 200 added.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The devs motivation is financial in nature. So unless you can demonstrate that the "above the average player" is who is paying the bills, then demanding that they receive increased rewards and preferential treatment doesn't seem to make much financial sense, does it?
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also, this entire line of reasoning just reinforces what I originally stated. "Elite players" complain about not being able to run harder content, but in reality, most would happily run the easier elite instance out of two, replay first bosses, etc., because they're interested more in the rewards than in the actual challenge.

And that's fine. But it also means the devs are equally likely to focus on those rewards and benefits, and not as much on harder content that people claim to desire.

Tell me, which raid are spammed consistently by elite players?

OLYe or GOMe?

TTBe or SSe?

JFAe or USe?

PANe or ESCe?

Hive or Machine?

Not you personally, of course, because I'm sure you go for both, but the majority of elite players.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Neither does neglecting part of the playerbase of which the content is actually originally supposed to cater to, a part of which that has proven several times over to have spent and being willing to spend on said content and grind. What else you got?

Not to mention that there are still normal content and vendor gear being replayed regardless of the Elite content and Elite rewards.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Which part? How much? What quantity of the playerbase?
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Where is your proof that the players who claim to want harder content are only running the first bosses etc? Since you like asking angled questions and asking for proof, I figured i'd return the favor. Hit me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, so you feel that they're not, and haven't been for the last 3 years? OK.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

So we are talking about Elite content and the crowd the devs originally intended said content for, yet you ask me which part. Asking questions you already have the answer for isn't very productive for the sake of the discussion, don't you think? Unless that's the intention, of course.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

No proof to your assumptions and claims? OK.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'll leave it to the devs to consult their records.

Of course, they probably already have.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm just trying to understand what portion of the playerbase you're referring to. Portion as in size, not as in which group. 50%? 30%? 10%? 2%?
  18. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Lol. Yeah agreed. A few cooldowns won’t really fill the cracks when a main source of mitigation is not right. I did laugh to myself thinking no one will cry that Fire is now overpowered because Burnout is now 12 seconds from 18.

Rage is like DCUO’s FIFA equivalent of Real Madrid or Barcelona. Fire is like Bolton Wanderers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're asking questions none of us can actually answer with an exact, factual number, so what is really the point? The portion/particular group of the playerbase of which Elite content is supposed to cater to has already been answered not only by me but by the developers themselves.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You mean when they stated the reason why SM was being discontinued? Or you mean before the revamp?