What’s with people using Starheart

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Oceanly, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Oceanly Well-Known Player

It’s just something that bugs me ppl using starheart like the art is useless and I see ppl tryna get it to 200 tf
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They don't know any better.
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

If they want to invest time, effort and money let them. Its their account.
    • Like x 4
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Could be feeding in to the buff troll meta. Same with tanks using the Refractor.
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Well, one player's trash is another player's treasure. If you do not see fit to use it, then do not use it.

My lower level healers use and level them up to feed into the better healing artifacts when they level up and obtain those nicer artifacts. Since I level my characters slowly, I have no issues using and leveling Starheart or any other starting artifacts for my lower level characters.
    • Like x 1
  6. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Using it like it is useless? That makes no sense. Maybe you meant 'using it like it is useful'
    • Like x 1
  7. Oceanly Well-Known Player

Lmao Ik what I was saying but let me put it into something that’s easy for you to understand since you can comprehend like everyone else “like the art” is Useless I’m saying the art is useless maybe your just confused hun
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It’s just something that bugs me, people using Starheart, like the artifact is useless and I see people trying to get it to 200. The ****?
    • Like x 2
  9. Perdition Committed Player

Some people do it to buff the troller in health (like Illumin said) which in turn buffs the might towards the group if the troll is using Tetrahedron for example. This also one of the reasons why you see some troll's running ring of azar.

I've see trolls with more health than the tank, just to buff might or prec for the group. People don't consider it meta, but it's not a waste. If they have the spare XP or slot, then i say, why not? :)
    • Like x 4
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Healer with starheart and eog, tank with dilustel and eog, troll with rings and tetra, and dps's with amulets. Good times. I had a 200 one for awhile, there weren't many choices for healers awhile back. But buff health builds can melt.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess because it's one of the first 'healer' artifacts you run into. So someone grabs it thinking it will help w healing then sticks with it because of the XP/money investment. I had my refractor on tank up until last week even though it's a lesser artifact...but it was my first one to get to 160 when 160 was top still and I had other things to level up still. It finally got fed to an everyman (still not sold on that one for Fire), but I was very aware of the money I was flushing when I did it.

And as others have said...maybe they don't know any better.
    • Like x 1
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

In the past that art was really bad, but with the buff troll meta looking back at it, that health would be pretty wild for the troller. In theory it might not be meta but if you run with a set group that art with a buff troll could low be the next meta. Healing atm doesn't really require arts like that, Besides Page I honestly could have any elite content or sm just fine healing ray is like a crutch that I don't really need.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Um...punctuation matters. I know exactly what you are saying, but I speak 'bad grammar'...many do not.
    [IMG]

How about this?
    "Lmao. Ik what I was saying but let me put it into something that’s easy for you to understand since you can't comprehend like everyone else. “like the art” is Useless. I’m saying the art is useless, maybe your just confused hun."

I'm not sure how to infuse the 'valley' use of 'like' you are trying to project. Maybe "OMG....Like...that art is SOOO Useless....whatevs...as if". Something like that.
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Maybe they're time travelers and starheart will be part of the meta in a couple of future dlc releases and they're getting an early start on leveling. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they're just feeding the artifact to free up inventory space to dump into another artifact thats coming in the new dlc. Maybe they dont know any better. They're problem, they're money, not yours, not mine.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen many people that thought its actually buffing their outgoing heals rather than health... The wording on the artifact is correct but some people dont read it careful enough to understand. Also, if you use PHR you could run without two other artifacts and still heal everything fine. :D
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

It's a decent artifact for healers. In the current state, I'm sure you can beat the contents with or without that, so why not give it a chance. Buffing health's troll/tank can lead to more damage (if buff troll), or survivability against "strong" attacks.
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Optimally you'd have Rings, Dilisteel and Starheart. That's 60% stronger buffs from the buff troll. 60% more health for tanks and the group. For tanks using artifact that adds that health to defense that's 60% more defense on the tank.

I don't know if I'd say it's a meta yet, but I've seen groups running that... it's interesting.

Groups coordinating Healer, Tank and Troll running specific artifacts like that... I'm not sure if it'll catch on, but theoretically would help might DPS and survivability of the group.
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

This is definitely one reason. I remember when they first came out with artifacts, they had intentions of them working in concert. I guess the concept relied on teams who regularly group, so they would coordinate the artifacts they chose. Probably a good idea that concept fell by the wayside.