Welp...they didnt listen to us

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm tempted to list a useless item on the broker for 250 million to see if sells.
    i have this paranoid theory thats how some of the gold sellers move cash around and i wanna get me some easy.
    its like the og money glitch out there.
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I regularly see useless items (or nearly useless) offered on the broker for stupid amounts of money - Metro street names for 200 million and that sort of thing. I've sometimes considered doing the same if I have the same item to sell, just to see if I can rake in some big bucks. Sadly I usually end up selling my copy for like ten grand because I don't want to cheat people. :(
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ridiculous drops rates for rare items have been part and parcel of MMOs since the beginning of MMOs. It helps keep players playing, and if it keeps working they really don't have a reason to change.

As unpopular as this detail may be, those prices wouldn't exist if players didn't or weren't willing to buy at those prices. And if someone has bought an item at a price they considered outlandish or overpriced, they've become part of the problem.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

The problem is the amount of money in circulation because of a glitch that is going around.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

A billion isn't that hard anymore. I've spent several billion over the year and a half I've been playing to get stuff I need for feats/SP. Just play the game and sell what you get, or play the market. My alternates made me half a billion selling Fiery Eyes for $50-60M the first day it was released, for example. Of course, I spent it almost immediately for the OP neck collection pieces I needed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Roocck Committed Player

The JLD way was definitely the best.... Will never own any other OP piece but atleast I can say I owned atleast one... Not interested in any collection nor OP neck orany other new ones dcuo will offer in the future... Definitely not going to support this....
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I just spent $60mil to finish one collection. $60mil. Now while that hurts alone, I only had $70mil, what really hurts is I do my dailies daily, incomplete my weekly runs every week. I've spent a good amount of real money to replay them all. I came back after 5yr break and grinded from 153cr to 282 healer/ 279 dps and brought 3 artifacts and 4 augments and the metal ones to damn near full from just grinding. I kinda feel like "drop rates" is the wrong phrase. Just say 1 in a billion chance. Definitely not even trying to get op stuff anymore, I'm just concentrating on elite gear from here on out. I've got over 500 dark coins sitting in my bank doing nothing since I've already got all the gear and I'm not buying that 375 book/ collection.
    • Like x 2
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

60mill is literally pennies in game now, unfortunately
  9. Dwild Well-Known Player

New Artifacts. On my main toon I'm still trying to level the 3rd up to 160. Doubt I will ever level any to 200. There isn't that much Nth metal out there. (Thanagar must be about mined out.) It has progressed far beyond mere "Grind." And the worst part...you need the OP item or a couple Elites to get above CR 282...and some people setting up raids look at people who are "only" CR 277 or so and sneer. When you see people proposing to "Kick" a 276 after the first wipe on a boss run, it's a bit stomach churning. As for collections. Just checked...would cost me 973 Million bucks to "buy" the 3 collection pieces my alt needs to complete the OP neck...good news, last week it was 1.2 Billion to make the same deal.
  10. Dwild Well-Known Player

A couple years ago I got taken on such a scam. Guy at the broker in WT asked me to buy a collection piece for him. Checked the broker...there was one for sale at 2 million or so. I was flush at the time, bought it for him. The next day I checked back..there were 14 of those collection pieces going for like 900 a piece. There are people out there who look for low priced items, buy them all up and try to get a dim wit like me to "help them out." I didn't buy it "for" him...I realized I had bought it "from" him. Never again.
  11. Dwild Well-Known Player

Read back over this thread and a few more...have to admit to a ironic laugh. My cat jumped into my lap and I suddenly realized maybe she wasn't silly because she still chases after red laser light dots on the floor...when it comes to this game and OP collections I guess she and I have compulsive behaviors in common.
    • Like x 1
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So if I put my worthless item up for the same price, there is a 50/50 chance that some kind soul will buy mine, and the scammer will then be gifted a second item to sell? Hmmmm... interesting. But, nah... if I sell at a lower price, the kind soul doesn't get ripped off, the scammer still gets the item gifted to him, and I don't feel like I have cheated anybody.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

Just a thought - If MONEY is the issue - in-game money - why can't the Devs just up the amount of money we get from end-game content?

We get what? 5 thousand or so cash from completing FI r or MOM r, etc - why can't that be upped to like 1 or 2 million per completed raid?

Maybe more for the Elite Versions?

Maybe 500k for completing end-game alerts...250k from end game duos....125k from solos...

They could even give us like 50-75k from completing the dailies...100k from completing the weeklies.

I'd think that such a move would decrease the amount of Gold Seller use....would INCREASE Replay badge use....on top of farming raids or end-game content for rare collections or marks we could farm it for gold.

10 raids reset could equal 10 or 20 million cash...

IMO such a move could help us PAY for these rare collections.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

Neat idea but most likely it is going to drive up the Cost for all of the items to make up for this increase in everyone's revenue.
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Inflation...that's why they won't do that. As it is, inflation is already an issue in this game alongside past and present money glitches. You don't fix this problem by making things worse.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mobius Twist Active Player

This is why I love playing on the Switch as the economy is still pretty balanced. All the Resurgence chromas? 100-300K normal. Hot items are around 1 mil. But I was able to just work hard in game and buy all the chromas I wanted at affordable prices.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

More money in game is not the answer. Why do you think that nations with economies that fail end up with the numbers going so high...they just keep printing money and pumping it into the economy and soon everyone is a 'billionaire' but there is no value behind it. Sure for a few weeks or months it might work out and the regular people can finally get a few bucks together to buy a $50 million piece, but shortly after that same piece will be $500 million or 1 billion plus.

I'm not saying i know the fix (other than to find the people gaming the system and eliminating the hordes of cash), but printing more money is not it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If it were set up that completing the collection on one toon and then replaying across your CR-appropriate alts would grant you everything except the one "key" you have to purchase from the vendor it would be a good compromise.
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The solution, albeit not a pretty one, is to do the following:

1.) Find out where the money glitch is.

2.) Fix the money glitch.

3.) Reset everyone to no more than 100 million.

I realize this would piss off a few end game players that have 10's if not 100's of billions, hell I have a little over 3 right now so it would sting, but it is the only way I can see Daybreak getting the economy back on track.
    • Like x 5
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd change that step 3 to 'Eliminate the glitchers and their hordes of money' before any possible step 4) Reset everyone.... to any number 100mil or otherwise.

Id guess that the glitchers have planned for a reset and have distributed their piles of money to multiple accounts...more accounts than even the most dedicated 'normal' player would have, either by actually distributing the money or distributing items of great worth. I think if you just did the cash reset, within a few weeks you'd still have the same a-holes running the economy and fixing prices...just at a lower amount now. If my cash gets reset before a wide scale ban goes on I'll be about done with the game. I earned every penny I have and have ever spent...and it's billions...so I will take it personally. Big deal? No...but I do believe a lot of people feel the same way as I do.

I've often said that there are 2 things that would 'cure' me of this game. 1) any kind of ban for some perceived slight in game and 2) taking my money away.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.