Welcome Screen change suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

**THIS IS NOT A 'REMOVE IT' THREAD. IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO POST THEN PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD**

I would like to suggest changing the ratio of what is displayed on the Welcome Screen. Currently 1/3 is allocated to player info & update notes, but requires a player to toggle between the two by using the button to view the update notes. The other 2/3 is allocated to advertising space.

Please change the ratio to 2/3 player & game info, 1/3 advertising.
    * Include league & game MOTD.
    * Show a brief update note with a button to toggle to full.
    - This would be similar to what you have now, but the brief note would be on 1st page & include a date (so a player can determine if they need to read the full update).
    * Keep the other info boxes, but make them bigger.

I understand the purposes of the Welcome Screen, many games use them. So I'm not opposed to it. I'm glad it's only on 1st login, and not every time I switch toons. I'm also glad I no longer get pop-up ads when teleporting to the HQ.

I'm not asking DCUO to remove the ads. Advertising is a part of a majority of business models. I'm asking that DCUO stop making it a majority of a Welcome Screen that has the potential to be more useful to players.

I welcome feedback from the community. As well as suggestions for additional info that they would find helpful to see when 1st logging in (marks, league members online, etc).
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't mind any of the changes. All I ask is test it before you use it PLEASE!! This new welcome screen has been messing up my chat from time to time. I don't mind advertising, but don't make game play suffer because of it.
  3. Entrust Committed Player

I would hope that changing the layout of the screen would not introduce any more bugs. The inclusion of the two MOTD may add lines of code which would need to be tested.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I don't mind changes to it. I'm not even sure why they even set what my loot locks were about. That seems like not necessary information. Considering monthly/weekly lockouts stay in the list as well. So it's not even accurate information.

Really, not sure how hard it would be to adjust the cells of the page. (Though I wish I could disable it, it crashes my game sometimes upon load.)
  5. Entrust Committed Player

I like the loot lock list, but want it to be much bigger. I don't usually use replays for instances, so I'd like something that let's me see at a glace what is locked. Instead of a tiny box I can barely see even 1 instance listed.

I would hope my suggested changes would lead to a screen that's actually useful. One that I would open instead of opening & scrolling menu after menu.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I think the problem is the simplicity of it and the fact what you deem useful may not be what anyone else does. I like the patch notes option, don't care for the legends option or loot locks. I don't mind what is put on sale, because hey, sometimes they don't display sales. I think it should be a proper segue into other parts of the game. It's not, because our UI is not modular and doesn't play nice with anything. lol
  7. Entrust Committed Player

I completely agree that ppl have different preferences. Which is why I created this thread. So that ppl can share their wants in the hope that we get a welcome screen that is useful to many players. As it is now, it just feels like a glorified billboard (more ad then info)

I want the screen to have the ads & even promo legends. While not always useful to me I can see it's value in the bigger picture.