WEAPONS STOPPING AMS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Frankzilla, May 11, 2016.

1. Frankzilla Committed Player

This thread is based off "my opinion" as I try to explain why this is needed for certain powers.

:DDisclaimer: This may hurt some try hards feelings but cannot be debated.

There have been tons and tons of threads complaining about how the combo and dot ams are under performing this is why.

Any burst and some mobile ams with a 3 second grace period the ability to lunge and make up ground while keeping their am going has a clear advantage over combo and dot ams in live content. Why you may ask, because it can be use to circumvent ramp up times while other ams are not capable of doing the same.

In comparison imagine a drag race where one car has to start at 0 the other car starts at 50. I know its not possible but its good enough to catch my drift who would win that race, well thats exactly what we are dealing with.

Now I seen a few deceptive ppl mention how concerned they are about countering lol. At least I know there is one person on here that cares enough about balance to keep it 100 that would be me of course. There is a code of silence between certain individuals pertaining to competitive advantages that could careless of the state of the game as long as they top the boards.

I digress

The two main powers that need this are mental and gadgets while ice and munition will need monitoring after those changes they may need it as well for reasons i will explain.

The reason mental and gadgets definitely need the change is cause not only are they getting an advantage from the criteria listed above, but they get another advantage from stealth and invisibility. I personally can't see it being intended for them to be able to be so far above the +/- 5% damage range for an entire instance certain situations like boss fights I can understand.

Now ice and munitions first ice. Does it even have a ramp up time? On top of the fact they get like instant max damage they have mobility and a amazing super charge in ice elemental which why it would definitely need monitoring. Munitions has the mobility as well and hard hitting burst type channel powers plus a uber super charge so monitoring will also be needed.

An that my friend I believe will bring us closer to a balance then anything right now outside of buffing dot ams and balancing pets after weapon buff.

I just hope now ppl can see how it would benefit the game as a whole if it took place rather then only benefit the few ppl that dont mind being in every instance and in a league of all mental dps.
  2. Phill Committed Player

If you think about it. We had players complaining about ice and how fast it reaches up to max dps. Now we have mental and gadgets have shortcuts to help get quick DPS damage. Now we have players complaining about this. Sorry, but this is just goofy. Nothing in life is perfect. There are a lot more issues that need to be addressed than this.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

No, just no. I mean in a perfect world if we were saying let's leave combo powers alone and do this to everything else, I'd consider it... but ten to one I'd still say no.

Combo powers for the most part, are already second class citizens... this is after their updates mind you (yes electric and nature need their changes more folks, I'm not saying they are not).. implementing this change takes away from the grace period.. and makes the time they used to create it a waste.

As for other powers doing more damage by lunging in between things... you really don't get a ton of damage off of that and we shouldn't even think about re visiting this until after we see what the weapon midrange balance update does.

Oh and ice and munitions ramp up times are a different story and munitions is fair in my opinion, I would let you argue that ice isn't... but that's a story for another day.
    • Like x 3
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Everyone knows every power except Light, Celestial and Rage, came out of mid range with more than 5%, and we know Earth and Sorcery will too, the only other exception is probably Nat and Elec. The truth is that this wont affect those powers at all, the people complaining as you said are scoreboard chasers, some have even admitted they rather keep attacking than lose 4 seconds of damage, which you are more likely to lose anyway if you don't lunge. And as I said most powers are already OP, at most they might like like 10 to 20 k damage upon every lungle, but considering how fast everything dies now, that might be once every 5 runs.
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

Third class, we come after Pets, then everything that is Might based.
  6. Frankzilla Committed Player

I see what you you are saying but there is still something you are not taking account of which is ramp up times. An from the way I see it until something like this takes place they will never and I repeat never be able to get combo nor dot ams to be competitive in live content. For there to be balance if they say they dont care about add damage it has to go both ways for the ppl that want to circumvent their ramp up time and for the ppl that its not possible to. Cause no matter if ppl say its about countering the truth is the truth every power should start combat on even footing.
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

Mental gadget ice munition earth sorcery atomic are perfectly balanced, light fire quantum celestial rage are similar in dmg close to the first group. Nature and electicity are the ones that really need to be work with.
    I play with all powers and for me feel like they are close each other some with advantages and disadvantages aswell but that is part of variation, the last thing i will like to see is all powers doing exactly the same
    As a mental raiding with my league mates while dpsing running w a munition ice earh gadget, some times I top the scoreboard some times i finished in fifth place all with more than 240 sp all with similar modes etc and years of playing togheter there is nothing written
    Mental is good with invisibility but if has a high risk too if u get out of it and hasnt cool down you migh end loosing 40 seconds doing nothing and it happens when you pickup players activat switches etc.
    So celestial with the changes they doing will be there on the top too I m sure, so yes for me balance is close, please work in nature and electric guys soon

Honestly you seem to hate those powers asking for them to be nerfed did some of them made you look bad in ths scoreboard??
  8. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

They need to work on Nature and Electricity first..Quantum needs some adjustment too. It is starting fall behind again.
  9. Frankzilla Committed Player

its not about how much you get at one time but how damage you accumulate overtime compared to ams that can't. An ironicly its the combo and dot ams thst cant compete with this going on. For example parsers say celestial is a great power but that doesn't in content. Why you may ask, because of its ramp up time going again circumvented or little to no ramp up time.

I didn't quote this part but must add as far as I know combo powers are suppose to be top dogs all the other powers get balanced to them thats what that devs have said. That isn't the case currently by far so something is wrong which is exactly what im stating in this thread the problem.
  10. Frankzilla Committed Player

Its the worse when ppl make comments like these with no knowledge base. Like bro you don't know me, prolly never ran with me so pls if you not trying to fix the game and powers find another thread. thk u
  11. Frankzilla Committed Player

Until they fix the issue of ams circumventing ramp up times there is nothing they can do to help combo or dot ams.
  12. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes might be right about dmg, but quantum has a huge advantage with those stunts, I struggle less with quantum than fire
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

Im not trying to fix anything since Im not a developer of the game, You are the one asking to tone down those two powers when actually there is nothing wrong with them, and if you going to quote you should quote all I write, that last sentence is because your post sounded mad at those powers wonder why it is that? Sorry I Have played for five years and I know exacty what Im saying, the seven power I listed first any time can win and that is balance even if you like it or not
  14. Frankzilla Committed Player

I just switched to celestial from sorcery which was easy transition since i was already prec based. Speaking from experience the parsers from celestial say it should a very good power yet it doesn't translate in content. With it doing well but not translating in content suggests the variable is the other ams you come up against. Which then leads you directly to the powersets i mentioned and how they circumvent they're ramp up times or barely have one.
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

Tone them down did i say anything about touching the damage or did i mention they have a advantge over combo and dot ams. I never knew stating a fact had anything to do with being mad and you coming to the assumption god only knows how. The funny thing is you can't read my staement and say its wrong all you can do is disagree because you don't like it. A lot ppl don't like truth my friend but aye somebody has to do it. You don't have to be able to fix something to acknowledge somethings broken. But hey to you mental is perfectly balanced even thou it has a super glitch that i wont go into detail about. Thats why your not a credible source.
  16. mexmex Dedicated Player

I Could care less about that true Im not a chasing any scoreboard, and again the balance is real and way better than it was before, just nature and electricity really need some work, maybe quantum but its stuns are a great advantage.

I just hope now ppl can see how it would benefit the game as a whole if it took place rather then only benefit the few ppl that dont mind being in every instance and in a league of all mental dps

that is what you wrote, again that phrase has an intention, don´t act as if it wasn´t like that. Again if you want some fixes you might actually ask for it but never to expenses of other that is just childish, tone them down means nerf to me, or what exactly means for you?
  17. Phill Committed Player

The combo and dot powers just need to have a tweak and that can happen after the other powers. The reason being is that they need benchmarks to work towards when tweaking the combo and dot powers. The combos will probably be adjusted when weapons are worked on. Since they are precision based it would be more practical and easier to do. The same goes for dots since dots are over time damage like combos.
  18. Frankzilla Committed Player

You are correct it does have an intention to bring to light the fact its has an advantage over combo and dot ams. I never said tone damage nor nerf damage I said eliminate its advantages to create balance. Because everyone knows how the game goes what ever power ppl think has a competitive edge is the power majority ppl flood to. Mental has the biggest competitive edge right now so thats why i put more emphasis on it. At the end of the day all im getting to is the source of why all the combo power got revamped and still can't compete the same will happen to the dot powers trust that and remember i said it first.
  19. Frankzilla Committed Player

If nothing is done about the advantage certain ams have there is nothing they can do to help the combo and dot ams. They will continue to suffer in live content just remember I said it first after all the midrange vamps are done. Forgot to mention that goes for wm load outs too after weapon update.
  20. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I'm glad they changed there minds about wep attacks stoping ams, I like have the options of lungeing and block breaking hell I even use slip shot from duel pistoles to slip out of danger. I think it was a drastic unneeded change to the way I play and I'm sure meny other plp do Aswell.