Weaponization Rating: Unused Function/Suggestion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by RTX, Jul 26, 2021.

1. RTX Well-Known Player

Hey devs and players!

Weaponization Rating, seem to be a unused function at the moment due to many factors like missunderstanding what its used for, some even skill iconic "Super-Strength" as precision damage dealer.

While it doesnt affect weapon damage, and only the damage of thrown and smashed objects:
    1. Its to slow. (build up and smash)
    2. It cant be clipped with other powers or weapon taps.
    3. The loop "smash" damage is about 30% to low if you compare it with actual precision and might builds. (damage/sec, includes the unbalanced precision: brawling-shuriken storm mastery / might: whirling dervish, feet mod combo)

Now my suggestion or request:

Add cool trinkets to the marketplace, booster bundle, capsules...
    trinkets like a hardlight,rage,blue lantern constructs, vehicles and other cool items to smash.
    With that increasing the damage, and looking for ways to combine it with your weapon, powers.

Maybe its a cool idea
    • Like x 1
  2. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Ohh, hear me out:) Why don't you turn into a gorilla and spam barrels?
    It gives me memories of the past.
    I personally have mix feeling about this. If the devs want to make throwing barrels or whatever a hybrid playstyle, I'm more then happy to see it come to life, otherwise I would just remove weapon rating from the game. And no it can't be a something you buy from the marketplace...
  3. RTX Well-Known Player

To be honest, i´ve had the same mixed feelings when making the post and probably the developers will have aswell...since obviously we dont want it to be to overpowered to see only smashed and thrown stuff around.
    On the other hand you see people using 1 attack in loop already, like jackhammer or brawling mastery clipped over and over, there already isnt really a hybrid playstyle which would be visually wise and gameplay wise more enjoyable, due to not seeing the same effects/animations over and over again...
    My tought was to remove the function or to make something out of it, having the chance to create "power addons" with that by just having to create 1 thing instead of a whole new power ( example: light construct to smash). I think looking from an overall perspective it got more pros as cons, while having to remember that it benefits us all...cause i dont think there will be a new power in the next future and if so what power could it be, how much would it cost to develop and balance it. That´s also why i dont understand your last point, life is a trade, we trade our work in exchange of something...therefore using this as buyable "addon" with new items (which have to be created at first) seems to be a fair deal. While i didnt include work for maybe a new animation of smashing, or variation of animation which could be done with state maschines. In general looking at things from a developer perspective it has alot of potential at a low risk, its pretty much 1 value to increase or nerf, if it becomes to overpowered, making your abilitys usable to "clip/use" while smashing also just a few values, since they basicly just getting blocked to used rn, besides weapon buff/soder cola etc. which would cancel the damage.
    Mixed feelings but often its worth the risk, only that way you learn what works out.

Also, smash damage is melee which means it will be used pretty much for adds only and not in bossfight, with that there will stay variation.
    Thrown objects already seem to do lower damage and takes even longer to hit, and we obviously wouldnt want a raid filled with barrels or any items all over the place, probably most importantly due to objects with average 1-5k vertices?, stack them up x20 and some hardware would already be slowed down. So, that would need a special lookup (breaking after first hit, idk)
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The idea of “this design isn’t working properly at the moment, so we should just remove it from the game” Is ridiculous, and doesn’t benefit, nor add anything to the game in the slightest.
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

LoL
    I just had flashbacks of the beach ball exploit.
    It sounds like you were not here for that.
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

I remember most exploits, aswell as the hardlight one.
    At the end it´s only an idea and nothing which needs to be addressed, while at moment there won´t be time for it anyway
    But it would be cool if you have any ideas on what to do with the function, or do you make use of it in any way?
    • Like x 1
  7. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Give me a few days and I'll see if I can think of something. I always liked smash and it would help a lot with player game immersion.
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Weaponization could best be utilized as a supercharge type power with its own section like iconic powers are set up. The devs could pull all of the animations from within the game. Spruce the animations up a bit. Then treat them like artifacts in regards to leveling using the games built in exp system ..
    ........minus the BS breakthrough systems of course. xD
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

That would be tricky to do, while it would be possible to create items to smash which level up like Artefacts. Making it like a supercharge probably won’t, sure it could be given a long cooldown but then there are items like Beachball or other Marketplace items which can be used to often, on top of that there are the smashable items you can pickup in some instances, while there are already items like the ace chemical barrels which do make damage over time and could be added without changing much to make use of the function without having to change alot. Which btw also needs to be adressed now, since the fire barrels for example can kill those bosses in Ace Chemical with 3-4 barrels smashed.
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Yes, a long cool down would be the most efficient.

Imo, all of the existing in game items that can be used with weaponization need to have damage adjusted to 1d with a chance to stun. Fire barrels included. Either that or remove the damage all together in order to stop any exploits that could be associated with making weaponization more useful within the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Another guy in the forums Dr Nova (the way I understood it) brought up (if at all possible) making it so that all powers could possibly have combo powers like how atomic or the other combo powers work. That got me thinking that this is something that could be used with weaponization and a leveling system. 1st level you have 1smash second level 1&2 smash, 3rd level 1,2&3 smash...LOL AUTOMATIC brawler GROUND SMASHER. Could pull animation from earth, brawling, a few legends like Bane, Wonder Woman or any one of the HL legends. Imagine a HL giant hammer (any power type really) fist, sledge or celestial skull sledge pounding the ground with some of earths animations blowing up the ground. Or nature pulling a big ole tree out of the ground and beating people with it. LoL