Weapon Mastery + Movement Mastery = EPIC!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NCR RANGER, Aug 22, 2014.

1. NCR RANGER New Player

So it recently dawned on me how criminally underused the abilities in our movement trees (especially in PVE) and the he light bulb flicked on. MOVEMENT MODE MASTERY!

The way it works is you need your initial weapon mastery unlocked, once that ability is obtained you have the opportunity to go one step further by unlocking a movement tree attack that replaces the WM animation with the attack of your movement tree attack granting you the benefits in the abilities description.

All of the animations already exist in the game so it's not like the developers would need to create anything new. They Have 6 ability animations from each tree to choose from.

Now Since I'm most Farmiliar with Martial Arts I will be able to list some examples with each movement type not only from that tree, but the trees that have martial arts attacks in their masteries i.e. bow and brawling.

Martial Arts Acrobatics: Loft Shot Mastery --> Launching Roll Mastery/Perfect Poise Mastery, Sweep Shot Mastery --> Back Flip Mastery, Uppercut Mastery --> Front Flip Mastery, Meteor Blast Mastery --> Zip Tie/Grapple Line Mastery.

Martial Arts Super Speed: Loft Shot Mastery --> Cyclone Push Mastery/Phase Dodge Mastery, Sweep Shot Mastery --> Vortex Trap Mastery/Whirling Dervish Mastery, Uppercut Mastery --> Cyclone Push Mastery/Dash Attack Mastery, Meteor Bast Mastery --> Cyclone Pull/Speed Drain Mastery.

Martial Arts Flight: Loft Shot Mastery --> Swoop Attack Mastery, Sweep Shot Mastery --> Whirlwind Attack/High Pressure Attack Mastery, Uppercut Mastery --> Air Burst Mastery, Meteor Blast Mastery --> High Pressure/Low Pressure Mastery.

Acrobatics Bow: Smoke Bomb Mastery --> Front Flip Mastery, Spin Punch Mastery --> Back Flip Mastery, Full Auto Mastery --> Zip Tie Attack Mastery, Magnum Round Mastery --> Throwing Knives Mastery.

*It's pretty late and i'm tired, I'll add more combinations later.
    • Like x 4
  2. Baby Sister Committed Player

Very good idea, creative ... But I think they would have to drop ps3 maybe to do all of that ... And that kinda seems quite difficult, only if someone can test what you're saying into like a video ... Hmm... But good idea :)
    • Like x 1
  3. NCR RANGER New Player

I can record one tomorrow. The animations look very slick much cleaner and far less extravagant in terms of effects. It would probably even free up more memory from a visual standpoint.
    • Like x 2
  4. Echephyle New Player

It may work, but it may also isolate power use even further.
  5. NCR RANGER New Player

there are no role based powers in the movement trees though.
  6. NCR RANGER New Player

Okay So I don't have any video editing software so it's going to be raw footage without any narration or anything.
  7. NCR RANGER New Player

Here's the video For Martial Arts. I'll do bow next.

Martial Arts Acrobatics: Loft Shot Mastery --> Launching Roll Mastery/Perfect Poise Mastery, Sweep Shot Mastery --> Back Flip Mastery, Uppercut Mastery --> Front Flip Mastery, Meteor Blast Mastery --> Zip Tie/Grapple Line Mastery.

I also tried Trowing knife mastery which resulted in a spectacular double back flip.
  8. LivingDeath New Player

Out of all your recent pist this is the oonlyidea I like andnagree with. So thats why I am adding my two cents. This is spectacular idea. Honestly I simply love it. This would add so much diversity to the game.

This would makr combat and movement teuely feel like one. And like ypu stated I dont see how it cant be added since the animations are alredy there, anf do are the mechanics. Just simply add wovement to the end of the weapon combo and give the crit bonus of WM after the movement mastery.

This really should be looked at. Currently the best idea ive seen so far.
    • Like x 1