Weapon advice please?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PsianideUK, Nov 11, 2016.

1. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

So... After a lot of pugging 2's, I have all my 101 gear and enough marks to buy a weapon, the question is, which one?

Background... I'm not particularly good at pvp, I know counters and I read patterns, but I have two bad habits... I tend to hold too often rather than tapping, and I blow my power too quickly.

Couple that with the fact I'm in the UK, and not entirely certain how much that effects timing of counters on the US server.

Bearing all that in mind, what weapon would suit me best? My 100 weapon is MA, my 99 was One Handed, but trying holds too often put me on my butt.

I'm Atomic by the way, but I don't get on with it in PvE so may respec, possibly to Earth.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Soul Dedicated Player

Martial Arts, Shield or Hand Blasters are your best options.
    MA is probably your top priority until MA lunge damage is reduced. (Currently not on par with other lunges)
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

In terms of out-of-line damage, its the MA Lunge and the Rifle Overhead Smash (WM unlocked) right?
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Leave my MA alone. :p
  5. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I normally wouldn't care, but it affects legends too. Batman has 700 lunges.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

With a tear in my eye, I will agree. The MA weapon as a whole has been broken for the better part of 2 or 3 years. Unfortunately, since players are the testers. We find out the hard way that move like smoke bomb were broken. No one stopped to retest all moves, just the one. The lunge has been that way for a LONG time. Not that it doesn't need fixed, but I think taking care of the broken dps powers, broken healing, and retest all weapon moves should be done. Just like before, they wont. They will focus the lunge only. People will just find something else. Kind of how pvp works.
  7. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

if u are used to MA and 1h, either of those are fine. i'd lean more to MA tho. cheesing aside, even without the lunge exploit, MA is a good weapon. cartwheel kick and elbow drop are good combos to clip since they are single target, so u will be safe from any screen block, assuming u clip it with a non-AoE power. unlike 1h where all of its clip-worthy combos are AoE. i wouldn't recommend 1h in group matches against good opponents.
  8. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Thanks for the advice... I picked up MA, I feel as cheap as a fake Rolex but my guilt wanes whenever I face fire tanks or healers, so it all balances out. ;)
  9. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

MA's lunge damage is still broken, pushing over a year now? This game is aids.
  10. Lernik New Player