We want new Movements!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LuizFelipeSoares95, Jul 17, 2013.

1. LuizFelipeSoares95 New Player

I was thinking to myself, the DCU has only three types of movement (flight, acrobatics and super speed), I think it could have some more, the names below are movements that I wish it had the DCU:

Teleportation-> press "F" to start the tp and press again to finalize the tp.

Super-jump> How does the green guy :D

-flight with the aid of machines (mini-ships, discs, flying chairs ...)
  2. chrisslayer New Player

I agree with the flight machines but the teleportation would be buggy and unfair. EX: everyone teleport to the end of a hallway in a raid.
    you can technically super jump with super speed when you ramp off of objects at top speed. id like to see them make for flight like ice streams and fire shooting out of your hands and things in that nature, but of course we all know that wont happen because they are lazy and are very busy with there scheduling.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheAustin25 New Player

Cmon theyre not lazy DCUOs big as f**k and theyre more concerned with content tht'll make the majority of people happy but i do support ur opinion on teleportation being buggy but frankly lol i dont even care what new movement mode they add i just want a new movement mode i mean theyve added tons of new powers already and im dying fr a new movement mode :confused:
  4. Larfleeze New Player

So what you're saying you want is basically;

Teleportation, which would be INCREDIBLY slow compared to flight, superspeed or acro, not to mention horribly buggy.

Super-Jump, which would basically just be the same as launching yourself off rooftops at that certain angle as superspeed (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've ever done it. )

Flight, only this time with a different animation.

There aren't really any other movement powers that aren't just a combination or a different variation of one of the three already in. Any sort of hoverboard or ice/rock sliding would be pretty much the same as normal flying only with a different animation and graphic, teleportation was terrible on CO in terms of speed and in terms of amount of times you'd pop out and get stuck in the terrain...what else is there really? Some sort of underground tunneling, which would basically just be superspeed / acro speed underground and unless they make enemies attack you from underground when you aggro them, it would be broken as **** cause you could just haev an 8 man UG where everyone just skips past all the trash mobs.
    • Like x 2
  5. XBlackSlayer New Player

I do not care with the bugginess of the teleportation idea i definitely agree 100% however trying to press "F" on the PS3 server [which i play on] would be questionable to those who don't have a USB keyboard and the movement direction is very questionable since teleporting down hallways and street and etc. wouldn't including going up or down in height as well. Is it's gonna bew JUST teleportation without the acro ability to climb walls [Think of Nightcrawler from Marvel when you see this] then teleportation would be the worst movement.
    I think for teleportation movement it'll be good to teleport in the direction your camera is viewing such as if you're looking at the sky and teleport then you'll teleport probably about one fourth of the way up and for simply going down streets and halls it'll be a longer distance. And obviously you wouldn't be able to teleport through lock doors in missions [think of the teleporting power Quantum users have but more long distance] and they would use a vortex to teleport through so basically you use the movement function [L3 for PS3, no clue the button for PC servers] and then a vortex is summoned in front of you and the place you're going to go to and you just go in and poof on the other end. Then the vortex will only stay for a few seconds and can be used to go back from where you teleported to [not sure if that makes sense but it sounded smarter in my head]
    • Like x 1
  6. LuizFelipeSoares95 New Player

I was thinking of a transporter, but not identical to the CO, but improved, imagine a tp faster, the same speed flight, or an attack where you can attack multiple enemies teleporting, I think it would be interesting if done right.
    As for the super-leap, I was also thinking about for example the face of a jump and hit a building and can jump again, like a ping pong ball ehe.
    And the flight, it would be just to add animation and maybe some different attacks (for example, releasing bursts of energy or missiles flying machine)

Thanks for listening! :)
  7. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

who is the "we" refered to in the OP?
  8. LuizFelipeSoares95 New Player

I liked the idea of the vortex. Could be an instant teleportation, as you say where the camera is pointed.
  9. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Whats all this about teleportation being buggy or slow?

I play Champions online on my 11-year-old laptop (it had a birthday last week!) and my character uses teleportation. It is neither buggy nor slower than flight. If my 11-year-old laptop can have a character teleporting, then my PS3/PS4 can.
    • Like x 1
  10. LuizFelipeSoares95 New Player

It was not just to get an idea of ​​individualism. All who are interested can discuss the matter.
  11. LuizFelipeSoares95 New Player

Congratulations for your laptop! : D

I do not think that teleportation is (or will be in the DCU) slow. I think it might be faster even than the flight, teleportation would be a flash drive in DCU.
  12. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Well, like I posted in another thread, the way champions online handles teleportation is awesome.

You activate teleportation, and you turn into a mist ball. You control that mist ball just like you were flying. It's literally flying, but you don't see your character, just a ball of mist. It's slightly faster than flying, but it only lasts for 10 ish seconds. You can, of course, immediately reactivate it in midair, but the slight pause between off and on allows it to match the speed of flight (you'll pass flight, then they'll pass you, then you'll pass them, back and forth)
  13. Dammacx New Player

Yeah I like the way they do "teleport" in Champions but to be fair I think they should call it something else if they ever brought it to DCUO. I don't think the way CO does it would be the way a lot of people would think of as "Teleportation" it is more like "Phase Shifting" as in you are not instantly transported from one place to another. You are out of Phase with the rest of reality as you travel from one place to another. But it is a lot of fun, I had a toon that used it and it was a great way to travel, that and swinging which was a lot of fun.
  14. John New Player

Yu can already teleport with quantum
  15. Tskales Well-Known Player

It would be great to see some new movements like superjump, and some new movement animations for existing movement types.

Sadly, there will always be people like Larfleeze who say no for the sake of saying no, and make it difficult for the game to improve.
  16. Shn275 Well-Known Player

The movement modes we currently have are just fine, though I wouldn't mind some cosmetic changes done to them. Like have them based on our personalities, for instance, or unique "styles". (i.e. rocket boots, flaming, freezing, electrified, or vehicular flying style)

Also, Super Jump would be very hard to use inside small enclosed areas.
  17. shaun10656 New Player

I want super jump super speed is not super jumping that's stretching the ability I don't want to jump of ramps to get air I just wana jump and instant be high in the air with continuous jumps making me jump higher and further
  18. Tikkun Loyal Player

I would love to be able to turn into a vapor and ghost through objects personally. I'm sure the programmers would love to figure that out.
  19. Articex New Player

Motorcycles.

'Nuf said.

yah and i know there are a bunch of problems with that idea.