We officially need pure Joker content back! Why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Sep 6, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Because Mark Hamill isn't retired from the Jokers voice acting anymore and has just recently teased 2 more Batman/Joker films.

If there is one thing over due besides Atlantean content, it's Joker content.

I request that future large DLC have a couple of Joker themed missions like an Elite alert, solos and duos.
    • Like x 5
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Heh, you make it sound that they have money to afford Mark Hamil. Troy Baker would be a better alternative.
    • Like x 4
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

He is still retired from doing continual voicing of Joker.

He has stated many times that he would return to Joker if the content was really good, specifically pointing out The Killing Joke as a thing he would do, which he did.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I agree, we need more Joker content... he is the best villain of the dc comics for me at least.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

+1 on that (like for most of your ideas :) )
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

So... you are saying the content in DCUO is not as good as The Killing Joke? :eek:

You pays your money and you takes your chances.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Be careful what you wish for because even if you get some Joker content he might get the similar voice change as new Harley.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The Killing Joke was terrible. I'm sad that he came back for that and doesn't want to do stuff with DCUO. I'm pretty sure the writers for this game are better than what happened in that mess.

*gets ready for bottles etc to be chucked her way*
    • Like x 2
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yes to this and more, core Batman content. The devs dabbled in core Batman content during the Harley Quinn storyline and it felt good. It'd be nice to scale that up a bit, focus on Batman's core rogues gallery and maybe introduce some missing characters like Black Mask and Mad Hatter in addition to finally giving us the Joker.

Just out of curiosity... can anyone recall EVER fighting a raid level (as in Yellow name bar at the top of the screen) Joker? I think the only time in the entire game where you can fight Joker is the East End Regal hotel (and the TO Morrow Lab mission).

You make it sound like they have money to afford Troy Baker, one of the most renowned voice actors in the industry. :p
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

You make it sound like they can't, which is as far from the truth as it possibly can be. Now, are they willing to spend that money? That is the question you want to ask.

To the OP: I totally agree. People have been asking for Joker/Gotham Gang Wars-related content for so long now, and I really would like to see a Gotham Gang War-type DLC in the near future. Most of the Batman-related villains have not gotten the spotlight they deserve, I'd really like to see them in a high-tier DLC.
    • Like x 3
  12. VV Dedicated Player

I didn't like it either :)

*Puts up a table as a shield*
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I think the issue is more then just Mark Hammill being retired from playing the Joker or not.

Another issue might be the amount of $$$ needed to pay Hammill to play the role.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As terrible as the Killing Joke was..... just to hear the Joker.... or even Batman once more..... it was worth it.

Even a bad Batman film is worth watching just for the performance by Conroy and Hamill.

Sure having a great film would have been better...... but we take what we can get sometimes. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. Owl Devoted Player

16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Or just release Joker based content with, or without, a particular voice actor. If one voice actor refuses then they should be replaced, their voices redone and a new voice actor commissioned. No one voice actor is "exclusive" to the Joker especially if they refuse to do the voice in general. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Touché

But wouldn't he be less expensive to Mark Hamil?
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Guessing they cant afford hamil anymore. I have been wondering how this stuff works. Like why can the injustice mobile game get suicide squad deadshot and harley skins but this game cant? I just dont get it. I also dont understand why it seems DC doesnt fully support this game. I say that because sometimes it seems some of the cooler stuff gets put into other DC games. Look at the infinite crisis moba. Had knightmare skins and phantom zone superman and zod. Had atomic GL skins. Here is a video of the skins from that game.

It just makes me wonder why we cant get stuff like that in dcuo. And im not saying DC doesnt support the game. They obviously do. But it seems dcuo gets limited in what can be put in the game. That is a better way to explain what i mean. And id love to see more joker. Clearly there isnt enough. With the focus on batman in this game u would think there would be a ton more joker. I would love a joker raid. Last boss is joker and harley together. Even if they did do it its probably at minimum 6-7 months away because of whats going on with the game atm. Id love to see the joker be more evil in dcuo too. Hes too campy imo.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

IIRC there is no raid joker anywhere in the game. Probably the biggest villain in this genre's universe and we dont fight him in a raid anywhere o_O And i think they have the money to pay hamil. The real question is would they choose to pay him ;)
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The reason why Infinite Crisis and Injustice Gods Among Us get those awesome skins. They are owned by Warner Bros. with that, approvals of costume designs are quick. Compare to DCUO, they have to wait for DC Comics/Warner Bros to approve on designs. If DC Universe Online 2 is ever in development I rather have it handle by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment or a company under WBIE.