We need answers.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xAcHieVeD, Feb 12, 2019.

1. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Exactly, after I run my raids and dailys im off to another game to play and spend money on.
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

what a lot of people in this thread don't get is...........dcuo wasn't meant to be PVP, that was always experimental from the start. most games are either PVE or PVP oriented and dcuo is PVE oriented. most other games which try to maintain healthy systems of both also end up screwed after a few months. all i'm seeing is the "assumption" that dcuo was always PVP and according to the entitled "SHOULD" be. most people are in PVE because surprisingly............ dcuo is a PVE MMO. my only complaint is that it's called "DC universe online" and yet we don't even have DC's EARTH to explore, "World" of "Warcraft" is called that for a reason, it's a WORLD where everybody is at WAR.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Ya see, these be the type of comments that be the most stupidest things people say in a pvp topic. Since the launch of this game, there was always pvp in mind that had open world pvp servers and instances to face other people. On the hero side, theres a damn journal with Hawkman himself telling you to jump in a PVP match for a change. In what world in a game about HEROES VS VILLIANS would there not be a mode to face the other side competitively? Dcuo would've most definitely been criticized for not having pvp because of the theme of the game itself. Now if the game was to add pvp later as an update then you can argue dcuo was never a pvp game, but it didn't. Dcuo was a hybrid, AND YES HYBRID EXISTS, and failed at retaining it. Just like any other mmo that does the same. Is one side more favored than the other? Yeah? But the nature of having a pvp mode is you don't need to have constant updates like pve requires but you don't let it run down the toiler. And not everyone needs to participate in pvp because not everyone have a competitive nature . Just like some of yall dont want to do content in pve that requires you to use your brain.

What alot of people in these forums don't get is yall need to stop coming in discussions like yall have some knowledge or history about it. Yall about as toxic as the people asking for pvp changes. Yall need to stop giving these devs the credit that pvp was never a thing thats why they let it get to the sewage dump of a mess they left it in. "Dcuo wasn't mean't to be PVP" man get outta here with that bs. Aint nobody even saying that dcuo is a pvp game alone.
    • Like x 3
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i could quote at least 3 posts in this thread that DEMAND (and none to politely either) that devs focus solely on PVP over PVE and that's how they claim dcuo SHOULD be, it's a bit too late to back pedal on those views now, stick with the agenda, don't just abandon ideals when it SUITS a person's best interests and public image. the devs have always considered PVP experimental, as for the "toilet" pvp has become, the PVPERS have only themselves to blame, the devs asked PVPERS what they would like and the players themselves yanked them every which way like a fish on a hook, and THEN complained about the end product. take some responsibility and MAYBE the PVP revolution would actually be taken seriously.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Many are tired of asking nicely, it's like no one cares that it's broken and an utter failure now. Also dev's asked the pvp'ers but this was long ago when it was fourm only, no bug/issue tracker back then etc and since I'm pc I know that most of the forum members were pc players back then more so than ps - How many times do ps players exit ps to go hop on their desktop/laptop to log into the forum? So it was a handful of forum "whiners" who were pc players that moaned and complained for changes and admittedly some were very well spoken and provided very constructive feedback... low and behold years later none of these players are to be found.

I just don't think people get it, this game was never just pve or pvp oriented it started out with pve and pvp phases, pve and pvp content, in fact entire servers standing on their own, if you don't realize why some character names have _CRS or other after their names you shouldn't even be commenting in this thread quite frankly. On Duty with pve and pvp areas as well - the game is meant to be enjoyed by all no matter if you want to pve or pvp... or pve a little then pvp to do something different before you log off. What has happened over time are changes that killed half of this game, no one wants just one focus on pve or pvp we want it all, we want more options, more ability to play this game longer. Just because I want pvp doesn't mean you do and vice-versa BUT that doesn't mean we haven't seen a working thriving system before which was pvp and now many of those players who sub'd for "pvp time" aren't paying any $ at all now, it can be fixed and what I'm trying to convey is the fact it's a waste of space by not changing aspects of the game to utilize a different "mode" which will make them more income, and for many of us it will give us something else to do on here besides "log on run dailies, run the 1x weeklies, then log off to play pvp on another game" all the while you're fine, still on here pve'n it up and while great, why can't we have our cake and eat it too? I'm on discord seeing over two dozen former dcuo players on other pvp games, they would be on here spending $ on pve IF pvp was worth the time yet it's not currently.

There doesn't need to be forum feedback about "don't change it" "no one cares anymore" "game is only pve oriented" as that won't matter to all the pve only people right? Yeah since we'll be in a different phase entirely and be in Arenas... you'll be in Throne or similar on that scorecard hard WOOOOOOOO! See the point is we can have a clear separation between the two, that is what we need so you can "get yours" and I can "get mine" the same applies for everyone with a different approach to this game. The line between the two exist, the phase shifter exist so please pretend you're in-game and phase shift to pve phase so we can whine and moan in 2019 until the devs listen or realize that we're sorta right on how they can make more $ via pvp, right now it's not making any money and it's very limited and low on population open-world and arenas. Personally I don't want pvp to be made paid, gimmick'd out or anything of that nature but there comes a point where you realize the bottom line is money for them, want to see something changed make them realize they can generate $ from it, after all that is why all the changes to pve were made, now give us pvp changes so the game is not just 50% revamped with an embarrassingly low population level compared to what it was prior, we wouldn't be seeing 4,000 lifetime subs and year long memberships if everything was prim and proper.

I literally just spent $12 for a spaceship skin on another game, yeah just for a skin - we all spend $ on what we want, I want pvp fixed so do many others who aren't just "pve oriented". I'd of rather spent that on pvp here IF we had something that was enjoyable. I know many players who would love to pvp again who aren't limited by "mum and da's" wallets.
    • Like x 2
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i could possibly see devs fixing PVP phase/legends on 3 conditions: 1. it's openly and genuinely made known to MEPPS and the developers nicely that the people asking aren't the same players who screwed up PVP to begin with and then just "left" after their indecisiveness ruined it, 2. everyone AGREES 100% WHAT exactly would be ideal for PVP phase; so far that "seems" to be the old rock paper scissors format which personally i also approve of as it added order and cohesion as well as role relevancy in PVP so that winning is a group effort or at least it worked rather well back before revamp what few arenas and legends i ran. and 3. as has already been adequately realized, PVP may need to be monetized. for number 2 to avoid the prior mistake i suggest some real time data be extrapolated from the PVP community in game AS WELL AS from the forums, and have both equally weighed to make the decision.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Yeah Yeah. Just like theres folks on the pve side asking for elite raids to be a cake walk because "this is a video game". Guess what, not everyone speaks for everyone. Especially not whoever these 3 posts your talking about are.

LOL, experimental huh.... Ya know, stats revamp, Mid-range update/AMs, WM, you know those are considered experimental too. A whole mmo by itself is experimental for any devs to test around to come up with new stuff. New content with new mechanics itself is considered experimental. Ya should stop suger coating your words and say what you really want to say. And speaking of sugar coating...

L M F A O. "Pvpers have only themselves to blame for pvp becoming a mess".Blah Blah Blah Yeah, sure jack. Now you really confirmed to not know anything about pvp history or better yet prob don't pvp at all. And why does every person arguing against pvp use that pvp thread as an example like thats the only example they can think of? Now im starting to think that some of yall don't even know what thread that was or what happen, but because mepps used it as con against us, now everybody started using it though they don't know what that even means.

Ya know pvp been going downhill since before that thread right? So who fault was it then for pvp going down the toiler? Its no secret that the devs dont have a full grasp understanding on the game like players, and that added to that thread going to flames. I don't need to write a 200 word essay and have a peer review with a pc pvper to explain why a move that is consider melee lungable(outrage, atomic hold combos, HL hold combos) SHOULD NOT BE UNBLOCKABLE. Why the 5 tap rule is stupid(rifle slam, bow slam). Why people spamming moves continuously needs to be interruptable. And you keep mentioning pvpers need to agree on stuff first.. WE BEEN AGREEING ON WHATS NEEDED. Immediately after that thread, we put our big boy pants on settled things correctly on changes needed. Hey.. that was 3 years ago ya know. And people been coming up with clever ideas to implement into pvp to make it feel fresh, and monetization ideas for pvp when the devs took out out replay badges in pvp(which im afraid you prob dont even know the year and date that happened too) because real pvpers who cared about the game knew that even though unlimited amount of marks whenever we want from pvp was nice... how were they gonna make money from this side?

If you need a history lesson for all the monetization ideas, and all the updates thats needed to fix pvp thats still current present time, you can start reading threads from 2013. Im not gonna teach another history class again.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

like i said, i ran a few rounds when PVP was still rock paper scissors with roles pre-revamp and it seemed to work well enough, with the obvious exception that powers work differently, however this didn't matter much when players in the arena worked together, which obviously with human nature.......they didn't most of the time. if you're going to get an attitude about this then you've perfectly framed for me the mind set of an old state PVP player, i need to "sugar coat" nothing. as you yourself said "BLAH BLAH BLAH the few don't speak for the many." which you so pretentiously assume to do, and as this thread shows, PVPERS aren't quite as unified on forums as you yourself claim. as the saying goes "for every finger pointed, there's 3 pointed back.".
    • Like x 1
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

I have nothing constructive to further discuss with you.

I started my heavy constructive and playing the nice game for pvp changes in 2014 when WM started to take over pvp. Years have past and pvp has been through many different stages.

I will gladly pass the 'waiting game' torch to you to advocate for pvp.
  10. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Remember there is no need to argue in a bad way, just discuss changes... even I can get heated over this because it's like "why should someone who only pve's worry about pvp changes" so a faction of players can have their pve, another faction having pvp - the system is in place it just needs some attention i.e. TLC with some changes to help generate income for the company. The pvp side of things never generated them income so it fell to the wayside, let's have them monetize it so those of us who want to pvp can actually do so!
    • Like x 2
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

That is no meta, that is laziness from players.
    • Like x 1
  12. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...1-beyond-the-test-server.221974/#post-2837520
    5 years ago we talked about how broken pvp is. And what has been changed. Those “PC PvPers” that wanted things changed are no longer here and quit because of the stupid bs they wanted in the game. I’m literally going through all my posts and we’ve been complaining for 5 years lol. I seen names that I’ll neber see again on dc lol. This games broken wether you like to admit or not. If I’m a celestial healer to say fighting a rage dps who you think wins? Probably the guy just spamming unblockable moves and stunning me over and over again and I can’t even punish him by blocking and he doesn’t use his weapon. You see where this is going? That’s broken if you can spam your power over and over again and I can’t counter it in any possible way that is broken.
    • Like x 1
  13. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

That's why normal PvP just needs to go away, powers will never be balanced right without either breaking something unintended, or royally effing up PvE.

Focus on Legends. Allow existing episodes to be done with legends characters for alerts, duos etc.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I'd rather see them "revamp" pvp after all breaking things is the norm around here, sometimes we spawn as alt factions in wt... sometimes we can't check mail, and broker doesn't always work. I think a fresh perspective on pvp is what we need to alleviate some of the stale pve content once it's prime has passed.
  15. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Powers will never be balanced. EVER. That excuse needs to go. They’ve been trying to balance this stuff for the last 6 years time to move on from that. At this point and how bad pvp is I’d rather go back to the WM days and get one shotted than not being able to block powers at all. Least during WM days I could catch a blue and that blue actually worked. I catch a blue now they’re right back in my face doing dmg in .03 milliseconds. PvE doesn’t take skill at all it’s literally watch all for that one shot you know that’s about to happen. 2012 no powers were balanced but they all had something that made them good to compete in PvP. Sorcery had dogging, Mental has reflect pain, ice had their shields, earth had damage shift, gadgets had photon. You see where I’m going with this? Now go look at pvp, all you see is mental and gadgets using stealth and rage dps just spamming and spamming more no one uses their weapons anymore so theres no room to counter since powers no longer are blockable. That’s not fun and if you’re new trying to get feats who tf wants to sit there and keep losing if you’re not one of those 3 powers? That’ll frustrate you to the point of quitting. It’s sad to say, but once my legendary goes I don’t think I’ll be returning again I gave PvE a shot for the last two months but nothing about it will keep me entertained there’s no competitiveness in PvE and if you try “stop chasing the scoreboard” or get kicked for doing so. Pvp was fun cause you had to figure out how your target was going to fight.
    • Like x 1
  16. E Clip Dedicated Player

Dunno why they cant make powers work differently in PvP. For instance in Tera which is a game made with the same game engine, in PvP arenas and even when you duel someone in open world, powers work differently than in PvE, stuns last less, some powers do less dmg against players, interrupts/staggers work differently etc. If they cant do it on the same powers that are used for PvE, why not just make clones of the powers we have, or better yet add a PvP tree identical to the PvE one and adjust the powers for PvP make them blockable etc, basically separate them so that changing a power for PvE doesnt affect PvP and vice versa. Of course this would take time, but unless they separate them I really dont see how PvE and PvP can coexist without conflicting each other.
  17. JKwak Well-Known Player

The answer was more than a year ago if I remember it correctly, so its about time to give an update if its still not priority.
    BTW I think PVP was always broken, sometimes more sometimes less, but I m not a good PvP player in any game so I can't really say if I just suck
    • Like x 2
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

unless it changed with the PVP revamp powers do work differently and the way you just described them in PVP/duel. troller stuns are less effective, especially hardlight, dps abilities do less damage etc. stats just scale to PVP gear now as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

So you're saying that they can adjust powers independently without affecting PvE? For instance, can they make Outrage 2nd or 3rd hit blockable for PvP but not for PvE? Or can they make Atomic Tanks heal less in PvP, or reduce damage of Ambush Pain Blast from Mental only in PvP without affecting the damage in PvE? There are genuine questions, Im not trying to be snide or anything like that. Bascailly what Im asking is, is it possible in the current state of the game to do PvP changes without it affecting PvE in any way shape or form?
  20. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

With the current talent on hand..absolutely not.