We need answers.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xAcHieVeD, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have the sad feeling that will be a copy paste response from you up to the day the game shuts down. :(
    • Like x 8
  2. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

To be honest, I don't think the game has much life left. They simply do not know how to keep the community they have left. They keep adding more money thirsty artifacts. The stat revamp did nothing to make skill points matter. Now the artifacts are what make you and not the majority of your SP. The whole business model is screwed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well....I guess that's an argument you can make, but "so just don't play PvP" is too. Problem solved.

Seems like that discussion goes nowhere, unless one of us works for DBG. I don't....do you?

Reinheld
  4. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Revamp pvp make it great again. Right now it's dead af... js. Make it so new players spawn in pvp again not pve.

I truly don't care if they figure out some gimmick to micro-transaction it, after all they're a company in it for drum roll please... money! Go Figure eh? Last rumors I heard were if they were to fix pvp it would take upwards of 8months w/o any episodes being released so we can probably count any changes to pvp as it currently floats, in the toilet. The moral of the story is that it's hard to revamp pvp when everything has been tailored in pve to make them money.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No, there is a meta. Any power that has a 100 power, and knows how to use it, can do fine. What broken powers?
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

You know its a good discussion when posts ninja vanish and thread is moved to a place nobody visits.
    • Like x 2
  7. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

They don't care about the userbase. It's about $$
    • Like x 1
  8. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Okay, all I’m getting is pvp makes no money. Well duh.... who the hell is going to play something that’s utter garbage? If anything throw some PvP related TCs and make them be bought with a specific mark... Or idk maybe make the mark cost 10k valor? They have people work there for a reason none of them can find an idea?
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

obviously they cant find an idea since pvp has been "broken" for a number of years now..... they should fix it so ppl can get their ***** vs ***** fix tho or just take it out of the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

make so TC stabilizer fragments drop in pvp LOL
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

One would think but since they haven't done anything to counteract the lack-there-of pvp-wise it's like they're saying "ahh we have another option to make us more $$ but we won't invest any time to actually make it so".

It's like having apples and oranges for sale and only selling apples because you can't figure out how to sell the oranges. Anything would be better that what we currently have which are Ghost-Town phases of every map in pvp phase and long queue times in pvp, if you choose the wrong map = no queue times as no one is even queuing due to low player base in pvp.

This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact years ago mostly pc players whined and cried about pvp (I'm pc and I remember) changes were made and not to everyone's liking (because they were going off forum feedback more than anything else) and now those same pc players who wanted all the changes made are no where to be found... so we did all that for seemingly nothing and now we have a broken system with no player base for pvp because everyone started quitting in droves since GU47 launched... if devs would compare member base and participation and do a proper assessment they could have a better idea of what to fix and actually make more money then selling 4k lifetime subs for 1.2mil... or in the least make all the (more/extra) money they can and help breathe life back into pvp. Back in the day we had players crying about how pve was paid, they would quit if pvp cost money... well looks like everyone quit pvp anyway so there is absolutely no "win-win" here until they actually do something to sort the shotty issue. Edit: To clarify I'm speaking of Arenas and Legends PVP.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

People have been getting their fix on other games, paying them for content and "extras" such as weapon upgrades and more. So while the artifacts and new systems are nice (and also make them more money) they're simply cutting off their nose to spite their face by not doing anything and in-turn losing all those extra profits they could make with a valid and I dare say required pvp revamp.

Wonder if the CEO reads the forums? Hey bruh you losing money.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

It's not hard to sell oranges.

:p
  14. STORMBORN New Player

Mepps tell me price and i will donate all money for fix pvp patch.
    • Like x 1
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

apparently it's an ENCOURAGED idea to throw apples at you doctor...............XD. an apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you pelt him/her with them.
  16. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

if they aren't gonna fix it then I'm all for removing. Leaving a busted arsed product in play is just patently absurd.

Its like a car dealer saying "ehh, we know these cars will blow up in a stiff wind, but they're really cheap"

As a business model it makes absolutely zero sense and is quite frankly insulting to the player base. Like, an actual FU stupid people who keep playing this.

Honestly though..it just makes me really sad and angry that such an incredible opportunity is being wasted on a developer who clearly gives Zero-Efs. It had real potential at first, even if Sony's network security was looser than prom girls morals.

And there's still some smattering of good here. Atlantis is beautiful. Its an actual honest to goodness new area, with no revamping like nearly every other DLC. There's clearly at least one or two artists or programmers or w/e that take pride in their work.

Legends (but not the other PvP) could be something amazing. But not in the hands of these people.
    • Like x 5
  17. Ringz Dedicated Player

I like this guy train of thought.
  18. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Actually, this would work.
  19. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

“At this time” does this mean there’s plans on the table? Can we get some insight? Multiple threads have posted plenty of the issues/problems with PvP. Is it due to lack of players or revenue? You can’t expect any of us to play it if there’s no fun in it and there’s massive problems with it. I honestly can say if there was an update to pvp and things were fixed correctly I’d feel like almost all of the older players would return. No one just runs pvp 24/7 they’d end up getting legendary or buy the dlcs to PvE too. There has to be something being worked on little by little at least, right?
  20. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I don't believe it's even on their radar. Before I start, I know, I know... many will complain "but pvp's always been 100% free" and of course they're right but what many fail to realize (or retain rather) is the fact Daybreak is an actual company, those things like to make money eh?

So what we saw was a major revamp to pve, then time capsules, then items to "compliment" your pve such as artifacts and more. It's all designed around pve and micro-transactions to make them money which is completely understandable again as they're a company, they want $. Meanwhile pvp slowly dies off as all those changes were made, go use the phase-shifter and on a good day here lately you'll find 2-8 players there TOPS, that is sad when both phases used to have roughly the same number of players in each (not including the different phases of pve as opposed to pvp)... so some will argue that "nah bruh, nah fam they all just in pve phase rn" umm no it's literally "ded" either that or everyone "shleep" I can pun for days on it but pass. Queue 8's and pray you make it in! Long queue times, no one in open-world pvp phases either they're literally a ghost town. Better to have changes made even if it means some pvp is now paid content or items instead of having no pvp at all which is pretty much how things are now.

What we really need now is a pvp revamp but guess what? Unless it's going to make them $ (again *cough *cough company etc) they won't spend any time on it. So what can we do? Aye some say remove it entirely... yeah you think we have bugs now let's see them undertake this effort oye veigh! I'll pass on that, what we should all agree to disagree on is that unless something changes to bring pvp back-to-life the pve only aspect of this game will die as well over time as it ages even more, newer games come out and they all have working non-broken and payed attention-to pvp supported by those game companies. We won't see a change to pvp unless they figure out a way to micro-transaction it... bring back trinkets and use them like artifacts in pvp, some you can buy on broker some at quarks vendor so they can still sell their tc's too. I mean there's only how many of us here? Pretty sure we could offer up some solid advice, possibly push them into fixing pvp if they see the dollar signs at the end of the road.

Please for the love of whatever you deem holy, do something to breathe a breath of fresh air back into pvp, it's dead right now and stale which is the farthest from "SUPER GREAT!!!" I've ever seen, in fact it's "SUPER SAD!!!" you might even say some of us are "SUPER MAD!!!" over it. It's getting slow now, this is why they did the bonus rath crowns and such... the current pve content is now stale, most maxed out gear-wise... so instead of playing pvp on here and spending money here I'm on other games getting my player vs player fix elsewhere so are countless others, that means we're not even here spending money on tc's or pve gimmicks for $, when I said on another game sometimes we leave for months at a time then come back - one would think doing what needs to be done to retain players would be the main objective. Having a venue available to make you increased profits and not utilizing it is in fact losing you money, if you would have done similar changes to pvp long ago as you did pve it wouldn't be broken right now and would be thriving plus making you increased profits, the likes of which 4k lifetime subs couldn't even touch at 1.2million from those. If you sit down, take the team and really put some time into this you can improve a dying game and keep it alive much, much longer.

[IMG]
    [IMG]