We need a better business model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Jun 16, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

It would seem the idea at dcuo is force us to spend money. Make life miserable if we do not spend money.
    The right idea is create a fun enjoyable experience and offer an abundance of items to get us spending.

We hear "they are making boat loads of money" or my favorite "this is the most successful item." OK if the "great" "profitable" methods are shrinking the population by alarming rates well u r doing something wrong. EVERYTHING can cause people to leave absolutely I mean u can't please everyone but dcuo takes it so far overboard it's painful.

The games integrity has been compermised and the customers have been disrespected. We know and knew since 2011 mmo games have completionists so attaching skill points to time capsules was down right disrespectful Imo. I have yet to get over the shock of players switching powers multiple times to obtain the role gear feats early on. They did the same doing the races. Lol I did most race feats but never finished them the idea of spending $40 to do all three movement modes........ It gets worse. Players during a seasonal switched to all three movement modes to get a ten point feat

I simply don't understand how a customer who has stayed subbed up since 2011 can be treated in such a manner

We are past the gear as drops so looking back we can shake our heads in frustration. The game was fundamentally changed because of this one decision and how much development time was wasted because of it?

T5 made us stupid strong. The moment they drastically increased our stats past content changed. There was no more run the previous teir as entertaining it was now pathetically easy. We already suffered from end game players not knowing what to do, a problem we really were upset about in 2012 and asked to be addressed, and this compounded the issue.

Gu47 direct result of our stats getting to high and.... I can't remember the exact issue so I won't write false info. We know how that went and we know where the best gear as drops ended up

Gear in time capsules makes running content pointless. I can just get time capsules gear and be plenty strong. Make it weaker it's not worth it.

Everything listed and the countless other examples all lead to one place. A game we use to love and a formerly healthy population being where we are right now

IMPORTANT question. Where is the content for the players who are very good with their roles and their powers? Elite is a day one cake walk for any well oiled group who played for years and sm is long gone. Personally i found SM not exceptable in regards to filling the bill. Just my opinion.

We are asked to pay a top rate for our subscriptions yet not all of us have content designed for us. Our desires like new styles are used against us in loot boxes. JACKSTER OPENLY SAID DROP RATES vary......

This game has fallen way short of its potential and it is in no way shape or form on our developers. We have had some epic content and the powers despite not ever coming close to balanced are amazing.

To those who say "it's a business they need to make money" GET SERIOUS. we all are aware and the sub we pay is us doing our part. I am asking them to do theirs. Replay badges generated great income. Except it for what it was and learn from a fantastic set up they had in t4. The prime helm had people replaying away until t5 was on test.

Time capsules SHOULD have everything in the quark vendor and after spending a fair price maybe $50 u should have everything.

The bottom line is everything added to dcuo could generate revenue and not destroy the games integrity and drive so many people away. Again sure people will leave but we lost so many people because dcuo takes things to far
    • Like x 2
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

DCUO was never a game made with "free to play" in mind...

currently 'free to play" part of the game is very similar to WoW trial period... you are not suppose to stay free for ever... you are suppose to be a legendary member if you enjoy the game...

that said, DCUO should really look into the business model of Digital Extreme.. Warframe is a free to play game, there is no hidden cost and there is no draw back, everything that is gameplay related can be obtain by playing... the only thing you have to buy is cosmetic and they still make money and the game is constantly updated with new dlc.. which is free.. they just drop a huge story dlc this week..

it even have lootboxes that you cant buy or pay to open... not like time capsule in DCUO.. if you want to open lootboxes in warframe, all you need to do is play a special mission... depend on the mission, you can open from one to as many as you have, depend on how strong your character is..

and the most amazing thing about warframe... you can trade premium currency between players.. so there is really no reason to even spend a single dollar on that game unless you want to support the developer..

digital extreme show that "free to play" model works and it even profitable... all you need to do is, dont treat the player base as cow, instead just focus on making a good game..
    • Like x 4
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

They make money like that? I wouldn't have that much guts but yes the cosmetics for sale with no cheap tactics is something we need.
    • Like x 2
  4. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

yup.. they even removed a monetization option because someone spend 200 bucks on it in short amount of time... in company like EA, this would be consider as a huge success while DE consider it as "what have we done" moment..

every single cent that DE earn is freely given by players..

in this video, around 22 mins in, is the interview with the person who in charge of the monetization of warframe, here is where he tell the horrible mistake that i told guys about..