We got the Powers... Mostly?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The 14th Doctor, Jun 10, 2018.

1. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

First of all, 1,800th comment. Congratulate me.
    ANYWAY, for years, we've been asking for new powers like Water and Atomic. Now, we got them, but people are still asking for new powers. I know this is an overused thread, but I'm curious as to which powers people want now that they got what they want. After all, no one is ever satisfied!
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

same reason why ppl allways demand sequels: they like a story, so naturally they want them to continue.
    even if the story has told its message and there is literally nothing else to say... and there comes the prequel.
    joke aside: except totally new powers, i would rather like to get more iconics and movement powers and abilities...
    for those who demand a hardlight healer power: maybe the visual effect of a power ring would suffice for the illusion.
    the tracer while flying around, tintable or at least in the color of your healer power of choice (or any other existing power)
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I know that people have been asking for the "blue light special" for a long time, in the healer role. Which would be good for Green Lantern toons, but how the devs would make it work in the game is beyond me. Also since all 3 roles have an even number of powers, they'd probably should come up with another controller and another tank as well.

Teleportation powers would be nice. I've also seen others ask for powers like Plastic Man, but again I don't see how that can work either.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Won't be satisfied till we get shadow powers
    • Like x 7
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You can be my shadow if you want. Just follow me around in the game. And maybe then you'll be satisfied. :p
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I'd like to add, as someone else who will never be satisfied, I'd like to see them follow up on the promise of power-based movement styles (ex. Celestial trail with Super Speed instead of lightning). Also, tintable lightning in Super Speed (not a power, but it needed to be said!)
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Just for fun, I'd like to see Plastic Man Tank powers.

• Turn into a ball and bounce at the enemy.
    • Each hand turns into cymbals and hits enemy on head.
    • Leg reaches out and trips enemy.
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is kind of creepy. Maybe just brings back interesting forum memories. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Things going around these forums:
    Shadow Controller (used to be Shadow Tank)
    Lantern Healer (Definitely my first pick see sig)

I have suggested in the past:
    Cosmic Controller (pet abilities included)
    Mirror Controller (based on Mirror Master, pet of self)
    These I have suggested to complete the pet trifecta. People are dead set against Gadgets being pet friendly so.. okay. need another power to complete the trifecta.

About a Lantern Healer, the morality is easily done within the canon:

[IMG]

Note: Carol Ferris NPC boss in Love and War has over half the powerset on her own.
    • Like x 1
  13. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

When we receive a power that can create black holes on the ground like Nekron except...I don't want it to have a lantern ring
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

They need to reintroduce a reasonable content release schedule, fix PvP, fix LPvE and revamp the controller role before introducing any new powers.
  15. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i'm still waiting for my kryptonian power... been waiting since 2011... sure light, atomic and water is cool.. but they arent kryptonian power.. those power dont let me send someone into low orbit with one punch..
    • Like x 2
  16. SigmaAtom Committed Player

But.. my morale for the future of this game has hit an all time low. I feel like I have been waiting 'forever' .. since 2012 for new cities (open up Central City etc) and 2 years for a Lantern Healer.. none of which were confirmed.. but again, it killed my RP as I thought about that more than playing the actual game.

I agree on your point about Controllers.. right now it's a shambles. No proper priority power heal (a.k.a 'charge').. I think DB took it out expecting it to be too much, but certainly in my opinion, it is badly needed and should be reintroduced to the game, and if anyone wants to say 'we do have that'.. I suggest.. no we do not.. because it not based on vitalization, it is capped, meaning the role as a whole is gimped into uselessness.
    • Like x 1
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Sonic powers based on the character Vibe are a possibility. And if they use the Flash tv series as inspiration, that power set could include everything from premonition to dimensional travel. Premonition could be interesting to develop.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

I think i will pass, someone who has to remind others that he is a King, is not a King. -Tywin Lannister
    • Like x 1
  19. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I'm the f*cking Lizard King
  20. Saturn Girl Committed Player

If you mean that it's enough for powers or you mean to toss. I gotta say that it's a MMO game and needed for both sides, I mean players and daybreak both need new content and more than all power sets.
    I don't know why you haven't known, probably you don't read comics that much, there are more than all of the existing power sets of the game in DC comics left which haven't been designed such as Magnetic, Shadows,Sound or Noise Powers (Or I don t know Any better name), Pink Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, Black Lanterns and all the other lantern powers, Sunshine Powers, Air Powers, Super Strength Powers, Plasma Powers, Energy Projection Powers, Acid Powers (Which I specially talked about it for long in the forums with good results) , Blood powers, Animals Control Powers and...
    But if you're just asking about what else powers people like to have in future, Hmm Good, That a nice questions. I just named a lot of them and we've talked about all of them in the forums, even new movements and weapons, I just hope that devs care about what players want. The most recent wanted powers since two years ago are Pink and Blue Lantern Powers (As Controller and Healer) and Sunshine/Brightness Powers (As Controller) and Magnetic Powers (As Tank) and Shadows/Darkness and Air Powers (As Controller) , and Actually Acid Powers Requested by me :p

And the most recent wanted Weapons and Movements since 1 year ago are, Teleportation and Tunneling Movements and Magic Wand and Ball Blasters.