WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Might help, if there weren't so many thousands adamant that Batman has never killed and has never carried a gun (of any kind), ever!
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Has Batman used a gun? Yes.

Has Batman killed? Yes.

Is he the freaking Punisher? Not in the least, and yet that's a direction that Snyder seemed to have no problem taking the character in.

In the Kingdome Come series, near the end Superman entreats Batman for help in stopping things from exploding (figuratively and literally) at the gulag. And while he doesn't get Batman's full help, he gets through enough by telling him this in the first two panels:

[IMG]

That speech, taken from a work that I think can be considered just as much a deconstruction of super hero characters as Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns, encapsulates the core Batman character just about perfectly. I think Snyder would have been better served in expanding his viewpoint and perspective on super heroes by including more works than just Watchmen or DKR, which from all indications he seems to think is the "be all, end all" of how to represent super heroes.
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't read any of those
    Oops! Probably shouldn't have said that, now no opinion from me will be considered worthy
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Blasphemy!!!!!! :mad:

Couldn't resist that. :D If you get the chance I would recommend reading Kingdome Come. Between the story Mark Waid wrote and the Alex Ross artwork, it's a well-done story. Plus it features the very first appearance and version of the Red Robin outfit.

[IMG]

5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, have heard (and seen) good things about "Kingdom Come"
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

As the Zack Snyder comments keep making the rounds, this is the page I continually use to justify my disagreement with his position. I wish I could thumbs this post up more. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks. :) I may have to rethink my "deconstruction" comment a bit though. After thinking it over a bit more I'm not quite sure Kingdom Come is as much a deconstructive work as it seems more like a rebuke of the hard/edgy comics that came out of the 90's comic scene.

But that's getting into extreme tangent territory. LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  9. Azreaus Committed Player

Whelp......

Colour me unimpressed.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Would it help if you ignore that it is supposed to be a Joker Origin and just view as clown horror?
  11. Azreaus Committed Player

Not really :(
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, not for me neither :(
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

That JOKER trailer though...As it was once said
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Thought this writing from the Joker trailer was so deep...

[IMG]
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just wanted to say that after watching SHAZAM, WB/DC have hit this one out of the park. No spoilers, I went to see the film earlier today and it was entertaining, fun, and a good superhero movie. I mean, when you have kids in the audience saying aloud SHAZAM! you did a good job. There were minor nitpicky things I could point out but overall it did it's job. I would say that after Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and now Shazam, the DCEU is having a rebirth :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Just one of those random Youtube popups that turn out to be cool.

• Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Despite past reports stating actor, Idris Elba, was set to replace Will Smith as Deadshot, Variety has reported that he will be playing a completely new character who remains nameless for the time being. James Gunn and co. felt that recasting Lawton would have been "disrespecting Will Smith, who helped bring this character to life for the first time."

For the time being, actors, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, and Viola Davis will return in the sequel
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Aren't there rumors of Elba playing Bronze Tiger? And it's a good thing they're not letting him play Deadshot. Will Smith did a fantastic job on that character.
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So filming for BIRDS OF PREY has wrapped and a photo of the title logo was revealed. In addition, the film is shaping up to be a very different movie to what most of us expected, as it appears the focus will be more on Harley Quinn (since the title includes And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) than the team from the comic books, which sadly won't include Barbara Gordon/Batgirl :oops:
    [IMG]
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    In some recent SUICIDE SQUAD 2 news, actor and wrestler, John Cena, has been in talks for a role in the film. According to a scoop by Variety, Cena is apparently up for consideration to play the Peacemaker