WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you Ms Benz, don't really know much about Shazza, had believed the old guy had a generic name, like "Dust Fart" :p
    • Like x 1
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Idris Elba Replaces Will Smith as Deadshot in ‘Suicide Squad’ Sequel

[IMG]

Idris Elba is joining the squad. Sources tell Variety that Elba is Warner Bros. choice to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Smith had to bow out of the upcoming DC Comics movie due to scheduling conflicts, and the studio moved fast to find another proven A-lister to replace him before production starts in September.
    It’s currently unknown who will be joining Elba in the sequel, though many believe Margot Robbie will return as Harley Quinn. James Gun was tapped to write and direct the film. The release date is currently set for Aug. 6, 2021.

The original “Suicide Squad” — starring Smith, Jared Leto, Robbie — became a massive box office sensation when it hit theaters in 2016, grossing $746 million worldwide.
    Elba is also starring in the upcoming Netflix series “Turn Up Charlie,” which bows this spring. Ahead of “Suicide Squad 2,” he will appear on the big screen for “The Fast and the Furious” spinoff “Hobbs and Shaw” alongside Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, as well as Universal and Tom Hooper’s “Cats” adaptation with Taylor Swift, James Corden, and Jennifer Hudson.

Source: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/idris-elba-will-smith-deadshot-suicide-squad-sequel-1203154025/
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Meet the new characters of The Suicide Squad sequel

Collider has revealed the new characters fans can expect to see in James Gunn’s THE SUICIDE SQUAD, following the recent announcement that Idris Elba will be replacing Will Smith as Deadshot in the project.

Joining the squad is RATCATCHER, aka Otis Flannegan, in a gender-swapped role from the comics.

Ratcatcher, a fan of poisonous gas, is a super-criminal and one of Batman’s many enemies. She started out as an exterminator in Gotham City before turning to a life of crime, aided by an army of small rodents she can communicate with and control. The outlet notes that Deadshot may act as a surrogate father of sorts to the character. The role remains open to actresses of all nationalities and ethnicities.

Next up is NANAUE, aka King Shark, a super-villain and humanoid shark whose father is believed to be the so-called Shark God. Others dismiss him as merely a savage mutation.

Then we have POLKA-DOT MAN, aka Mister Polka Dot, who is a Gotham City super-villain. Like Ratcatcher, Mister Polka Dot is a sworn enemy of Batman. The character grows multi-colored polka dots on his body that he can turn into fireballs and other weapons. For the most part, he’s embarrassed about his awkward abilities.
    Finally, there’s PEACEMAKER, aka Christopher Smith, an agent of peace whose motives are driven by an extremist form of pacifism that makes him love peach so much he would kill for it. The outlet notes that Gunn may like Dave Bautista for this role.

Former GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn will write and direct THE SUICIDE SQUAD, which will act as a soft reboot for the franchise. While earlier this year a report suggested Margot Robbie will skip this sequel as well, the new report says that Harley Quinn will appear, though it’s less clear if Joel Kinnaman’s Rick Flagg will return.

Warner Bros. has scheduled THE SUICIDE SQUAD to hit theaters on August 6, 2021.

Source: https://www.superherohype.com/movie...aracters-of-the-suicide-squad-sequel#/slide/1
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I love Idris Elba, but they shouldn't have recast Smith. Personally, I enjoyed Smith as Deadshot. They really should have used another character. Or was it too late to rewrite it? If that's the case, I understand.
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

With Gunn directing, and the characters used, this has the potential to be as hilarious as GOTG.
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This could be a good thing.

But this is also going on.

Warning - Campea rant ahead.

So I don't know.:confused:
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

POO, butt the only time it should be okay for an 'actor' to have any say, let alone be allowed to rewrite anything, is if they have been doing the role long enough that they have, basically, 'become the character'
    Could envision the CW guy having a shot, he's been doing it long enough, butt Miller? He's done, what, one movie as a minor side-character? Come back after five years and 50 hours (minimum) of playing the role, kid
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well, he may surprise you. Maybe he has a ton of comic book knowledge on the Flash, and wants to help with the script.
  10. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Just saw it tonight with fandango early access. Was not disappointed. I had the perfect riddle figured out for what I thought was an Easter egg drop but it turns out that drop will end up being much, much more if they do sequels and the like.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The reviews are coming in.

Careful, she really pushes the spoiler line.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

After reading this I'm not so sure.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ller-writing-movie-script-with-grant-morrison

Wanting a "darker tone" on the material sounds like the "square peg in round hole" problems they ended up with in trying to do that with Superman. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but I don't know if it'd be a good fit for the character overall.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about...

[IMG]

I mean, just change the logo, right?
    • Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

umm... Joanna Stewart?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That's true. Flash is a lighthearted and comical character. That's one reason why I hate the CW Flash. They made him way too serious.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally didn't feel CWFlush was too serious, what annoyed me about that version, was that he was always right about everything
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or, maybe, he remembers a time when Bats did kill
    You know, like in the first Keaton Batman movie
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd buy that argument more if it didn't seem like he was coming off as some dudebro who thinks super heroes should be as hardcore and awesome as he sees himself to be.