WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And any one of those would have looked betterer
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Because she's not that good of an actress? o_O
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Jennifer Lawrence... isn't a good actress?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, said that she is not that good of an actress
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Pretty solid casting choices. It's also funny because there was a Robert Pattinson casting rumor flying around for the Batman role but who knows.

As for Ben Affleck, he's gone public in a tv show stating that he's out, confirming that he's hanging his cape and cowl for someone else

And going with your choices, actor, Ben Barnes is a fan casting favorite alongside Nicholas Hoult, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jamie Dornan
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yeah I got the Robert Pattinson one off the Internet :D

I'm a big fan of Barnes as he is fantastic actor. And Hoult, Gylenhaal and Dornan are all fantastic choices. Unfortunately, I think it is safe to say Gylenhaal is out of contention for the role, considering his involvement in the MCU.

And I'm especially sad to see Batfleck leave. He did great, and I felt like his character was underused. I absolutely loved him in BVS (which I really enjoyed)
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    In some SHAZAM aka the real Captain Marvel news, Mattel, released pictures of the SHAZAM toyline revealing the Marvel Family
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You sure that that is the officially licensed merch? And not some cheap knock-off? o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

They look like toys you would find at Dollar Tree.
    • Like x 1
  10. AV Loyal Player

Cookiecutter molds except for the heads. Really disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With the big DC movie releases lately you'll get two lines of figures. The ones shown there look to be from the "aimed at the kids" line. A little less articulation, quality can look a little lower.

The ones aimed at the collectors is the DC Multiverse line, and those tend to look better, have more articulation and (in the case of the Shazam figures) alternate parts.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. AV Loyal Player

Those are still terribad considering they're for a blockbuster release. I can't think of a worst looking line off the top of my head. Lines like Infinite Crisis and Justice look amazing and they're comic only. I expect more from a line for a film with such a huge investment behind it.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well compared to what Hasbro is doing with both Marvel Legends and the Star Wars Black Series figures, yeah they aren't that great. It doesn't help that Hasbro has recently started incorporating some scanning tech to get more accurate sculpts of movie-based figures in those lines.

Good example is the re-release they did of Luke in his X-Wing pilot gear, the figure on the left is the new sculpt tech.

[IMG]

Generally speaking, though, the Multiverse line for DC is where they put in their better efforts. You can find the same kind of thing on the shelves right now with the Aquaman toys from the movie.

It seems like McFarlane Toys may have gotten the license to do collector DC toys now, though, so the quality may change in the near future.
    • Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well of course they are. There are different lines of DC toys. There are the Classics, the Multiverse, Icons, Collectibles, and Hot Toys lines that are more for the collector and then there are lines like shown above which are more suited for kids because no parent is going to pay a collector price for a toy that their kid is going to forget about when the next shiny thing comes to their attention
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here the latest trailer released by WB/DC for SHAZAM and it looks like its going to be a fun movie
    • Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, did they change things? That old guy was never called 'Shazam', SHAZAM stood for "Solomon, Heracles, Apollo, Zeus, Aphrodite & Mercury" (which is kinda odd seeing how Mercury was the Roman Messenger God, and the rest are Greek plus a Jewish wise-guy)
    Okay, may not be completely sure about the names making up the name 'Shazam', butt am sure about it being made up from the names of six people who each attributed to his powers
    • Like x 1
  17. E Clip Dedicated Player

Pretty sure the old man's name is Shazam, at least that's how I remember him from the comics. I could be wrong though.

Yes Shazam is an acronym of 6 mythological heroes, I think you got them right except for Atlas and Achilles.
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Did anyone else geek out at the significance of the last scene in last weeks Doom Patrol?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was it, always forget who the A's are :(
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

You are correct good sir
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1