WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Mostly remembered the rumours about how she wanted to spend as less time in the blue-latex as possible, not sure how true they were butt it kinda stuck out for me: why take a role that has an iconic look and refuse to look the part?
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    This just in! The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that it appears Henry Cavill will no longer play as Superman. It apparently started after talks with the actor fell through with the cameo in the Shazam movie and that WB is trying to shift focus on Supergirl and don't have a Superman movie within their plans at the moment. So far, it is still to be confirmed by the studio and the actor but it appears WB are keen to letting go both Cavill and Affleck and go the recasting route. I guess this is a rebirth?
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Just caught that, went to post the story here. Saw that you got it first. This sucks. I liked him as the blue boy scout.

They just need to dump the whole DCEU. They've lost the battle. Black Panther put the final nail in the coffin, and Infinity War buried them 6 feet under.
    • Like x 2
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't really have a comment about that that won't probably get me banned (again)
    Other than this comment
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

After watching some videos EmergencyAwesome, Nerdist, and screenjunkies... yeah, my interpretation is it's dirty contract negotiations popping up as news on a slow news day. Henry wants his last contracted film to be Man of Steel 2, and WB wants it to be a cameo in Shazam or Flash movie. ...maybe.

WB needs a coup to happen. Then tighten those loose lips around the studio.
    When Lex knew about the heroes identities in BvS, the DCEU was destined to be a s***show. Who OK'd that?

hehhehheh, I never saw this http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...nolan-banned-jon-peters-from-man-of-steel-set
    I did watch the video of Kevin Smith telling the story of his interaction with Jon Peters (spider). :rolleyes: As far as I can tell, Jon Peters still owns movie rights to Superman in movies. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

When did you get banned? Why? :eek:
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:p
    Does he intentionally misinterpret names?
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So actor, Henry Cavill, in response to the news leaked from THR posted a rather confusing Instagram video where Cavill can be seen wearing a Krypton Lifting Team t-shirt while he slowly raises a Superman action figure into view. In the background, a rendition of Johann Strauss II's The Blue Danube Waltz with dog barking was playing throughout the video :confused: In addition, his manager, also responded via social media trying to calm the situation by stating that Cavill still has his suit and cape in his closet :confused:
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Basically this is what's happening.

13. sirzap Well-Known Player

well based on all the news that I gathered, I think Henry Cavill just wants a higher pay. also an extra pay for that SHAZAM cameo.
  14. Controller Devoted Player

LOVED Cavill as Superman AND Ben Affleck as Batman...

C'MON DCCU GET IT RIGHT!!

How about KEEP the actors/actresses and FIRE the Execs making these IMO boneheaded decisions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Controller Devoted Player

Ok, so the "rumor" was / is that the actor that was going to replace Cavill was Michael B. Jordan

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/superman-michael-b-jordan-dc-movies/

Instead of a "Black Superman" which would be foolish, IMO - why don't they simply let Michael B. Jordan be Augustus Freeman IV?

[IMG]

I believe he would be an AWESOME "Icon"...

And then find a talented young actress to play Icon's partner Rocket.

[IMG]

And PLEASE don't use the tired old spiel - "Well, Icon has no weaknesses".....FALSE. That is a Lazy Man's (or woman's) excuse to NOT feature Icon cinematically.

He was mortally wounded during a confrontation with another DakotaVerse Bang Baby named "Payback"...by his claws.

[IMG]

Don't know why DC is refusing to feature Icon but to me it is TROUBLING - especially since Marvel is doing so well with its diverse Superheroes.

Why does it seem (to me, at least) that there seemingly is a problem putting someone on the Big Screen that is Superman's equal?

I am certain that DC knows about him.

"Well, who would they (Superman and Icon and the Justice League) fight?"

Well they could combat Darkseid - DCCU already introduced Steppenwolf and I thought Justice League was a good movie - even thought it could have been better.
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I think it's mostly because the rights are still up in the air. Here's an article from last summer detailing the issues:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/mcduffie-...-we-havent-seen-any-new-milestone-comics-yet/

And here's an article from last year's NYCC:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-finally-have-details-on-the-rebirth-of-milestone-med-1819184981

Sounds like there's a lot of energy behind it, but until the rights issues are figured out, I don't think we're going to see any Milestone Comics much less Milestone movies. Heck, I'm worried the characters might not even show up in Season 3 of Young Justice...
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Couple weeks ago, for apparently insulting someone (no idea who as the post that got me banned was never mentioned, just a quote about the rules), was even having a civil discussion with another poster about something in the Bug Forums that didn't get heated (for once)
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

In reality, that wasn't even a rumor. All it was, was a throwaway line in Deadline's article on the Cavill situation, where the writer was making a speculative example of how DC is thinking of going in a new direction with Superman. As usual all things internet ran wild with it as if it was real/true.

Now to answer your question. Very cynical but sadly quite true answer incoming.

Because people of a skin pigment that is called white are evil, vile things and must be eliminated from absolutely everything. It is not good enough to create good, quality characters of different ethnicities, all of those that have been white must be changed (ethnically or sexually or both) or completely destroyed/discredited.

The sad thing is, when it comes to comic books, the writers and publishers don't even care about if characters are good and quality anymore, all that matters is that they are not white.
    • Like x 2
  19. Controller Devoted Player

I certainly don't believe your first comment, in orange. If you are insinuating that white people are evil my friend I can't and don't share that sentiment.

My Faith teaches me that Racism is a Sin - and can be exhibited by ANYONE if we aren't careful. I'd venture a guess (based off of MY time living while Black) that one particular race has been more victimized by this sin than others but THAT is a story for another day......and would throw this thread off subject...

As for the rest of that first para - I don't agree with that, either. Prime example of a different ethnicity / race doing work on an iconic superhero that did not look LIKE HIM was the incomparable Dwayne McDuffie (RIP)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

He (and Denys Cowan) are the original writers of Milestone Comics and are basically the birthers of Icon and Rocket, Hardware (Black Tony Stark), and other diverse characters. These two were also instrumental in the eventualy MERGING of Milestone INTO DC.

Here is some of his FABULOUS WORK in the Justice League Unlimited series. He was a writer / producer on BOTH of these episodes, I believe.

My point in posting THESE TWO clips is that Dwayne McDuffie (a BLACK Man) made an iconic Superhero (that doesn't look like him) TRULY OP by laying waste to both Captain Marvel AND Captain Atom - two of the most powerful beings in DC Universe.

And YES, Poster "Mazahs" - Superman DID knot up Captain Marvel's face and WIN that fight. I know you're a Captain Marvel Fanboy but C'MON.....:)

With THAT being said it is IMO pure LAZINESS (not so much Racism) that writers / producers NOWADAYS cannot place Icon and Rocket (and other diverse DC Superheroes and Heroines) on the Big Screen - even though they may not look like him or her.

Get to work, DCCU. Stop being lazy.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You totally misunderstood what Ankh was saying: they weren't talking about creators, butt creations

Also wasn't talking about "back in the day", butt now, within the last decade. Look at how many well-established male, white, straight characters have suddenly become female (Thor), 'ethnic' (Captain America and Spiderman) or gay (Iceman), completely ignoring the already-created characters who fit those labels, or, simply create a new character to meet those requirements
    • Like x 2